Rivian makes cursory attempt to update pre-order holders

Cactusone

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
You nailed it. Since the beginning of 2019 the Chief Marketing Office of Rivian is Chris Wollen. He used to be the CMO of Droga5, an advertising firm which landed the Mini account in early 2018.

It's a very interesting contrast with Lucid. I find that interviews with R. J. Scaringe at Rivian are generally quite substantive and as informative as they can be given that they're still in start-mode. On the other hand, I find that interviews with Peter Rawlinson, the CEO of Lucid, are rife with vague platitudes about "changing paradigms" and other mumbo jumbo. Yet when it comes to the lead marketeers for the two companies, the situation seems to reverse.
I really like RJ’s style too. The demographic for the r1t and r1s are not simpatico with current marketing and should be fine tuned a bit.
Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Frustrated too! Silent week after silent week. How to stay positive? I think. Rivian is minimalist when it comes to marketing, smart when it comes to partners who invest, and brilliant for being willing to sell the “skateboard” to other companies. Ford and Amazon “demand pressure” on them, alone, must be immense. Potential individual owner’s like us will likely benefit in the long run from the the 9+ year run-up to production but it sure is hard to be at the starting line with little to do (yes, I went to Atlanta) but wait and communicate. Yet, I am glad for this starved-for-information-forum. Our fasting may soon be rewarded and feasting begins in 2020. We, the classes of 2018-2019, will soon be flooded on this forum with new members. Thanks & Shalom to the endurance athletes/customers among us. Looking ahead. Adventure First.

RockDaphne98296

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE,
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
I also received this email - I too am anxious to know more about how they are doing, when the actual ordering tool will release "2Q 2020"? In my company that is June - Sep 2020, as we are in 4Q 2019 now... Our fiscal year starts on April 1st (always worth a wink and a nod!)... Anyways - I am getting seriously tempted by other options that seem to be moving faster. I have a backup reservation on the Mustang Mach E (Gasp!) and they are saying I will get in December 2020! I really just want Rivian to move forward and share enough information so I can make an educated decision - go with Ford or wait for the Rivian - I am totally ready to wait - but I need to hear more and see more from Rivian...

Edax Rerum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
I really just want Rivian to move forward and share enough information so I can make an educated decision - go with Ford or wait for the Rivian - I am totally ready to wait - but I need to hear more and see more from Rivian...
I am a bit disheartened to agree. I don't have a reservation for the Mach-E, but I've been seriously considering the Porsche Taycan because I'd likely get it much sooner. It's not an SUV, but my girlfriend doesn't like SUVs anyway, even if they're electric (and I don't need an SUV). The Porsche is almost exactly the same size as what I'm driving right now. I'd likely be spending more money on the Porsche, but since we don't really know Rivian's pricing yet....

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
Yeah, I have a reservations for the top line Cybertruck which I will get for sure sometime late 2021. I am also thinking about just replacing my current F150 with the all electric version which should arrive in 2021. It will definitely be more familiar to own and most likely have all the features that I enjoyed; electric sliding rear window, longer bed, full sized body, body on frame, etc. Only potential thing holding me back is Ford's legacy dealership network, sucks!
Sponsored