Sponsored

Rivian "Lunar Rock" Launch Edition - Any info?

Hydro

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
still searching
I saw this in one of the other threads. This badging was spotted on the R1S at one of the auto shows (attached pics).

Do we have any other info or speculation on this Lunar Rock launch edition? I wonder if all early orders will receive this special edition or it will be a separate package that can be added?

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian "Lunar Rock" Launch Edition - Any info? rivian-r1t-r1s-details-14-493x370
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian "Lunar Rock" Launch Edition - Any info? rivian-r1t-r1s-details-18-494x370
Sponsored

Katsudon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Wow I've looked at the LA launch photos probably hundreds of times but never noticed that. Definitely looks like they'll be launching with a launch special edition called Lunar Rock. I hope all us early reservation pre-orders will automatically get getting a launch edition.

DiggiRob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Evoque
Good find! Based on this I'm thinking there could be multiple launch editions. Looking at the font and layout. Just a guess but "RIV LAUNCH EDITION" on top then the actual name of the edition. It would stand to reason that the R1T would have one too but I'm hoping for multiple "editions"....

Ricky35

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Occupation
IT
The obvious question here is what other special launch edition bits did this R1S have on display? Are those two pics the interior door panel and the trunk?

It makes me wonder if the standard non-launch edition R1S would come with different interior materials or colors.

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Pretty cool they already thought about a launch edition and made it an Easter egg on the concept R1S. So the R1T didn't have this too?

timbacktwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
I can only assume the launch edition will be similar to Tesla's Founders Series which comes with every option available and access to special colors not available on the regular models.
Sponsored