First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Never attribute to malevolence what is merely due to incompetence.
— Arthur Clarke, 1917-2008, British Sci-Fi writer
Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Yeah, I represent that remark. Nuyk, nuyk, nuyk.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Years ago a friend bought a ford. Was happy with the vehicle until about month 6, noticed a few oddities. After speaking with the dealer it was revealed the vehicle fell off the delivery truck and had some damage. The dealer repaired it and sold it. Now this was well before carfax and things like that.

You don't have evidence that Rivian lied to you, just unhappy with the situation (don't blame you). However if they repaired the vehicle, sold it to you as new and then you found out, you would have a case. The fact they said 'Sorry but the vehicle we had for you is now gone, working on getting you a replacement' is not a lawsuit, just an unhappy customer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
Wow! The same thing happened to me earlier this year. I was sent a vin# and a delivery date. A few days prior to my delivery date I got a call from my advisor that my truck had been totaled by a hit and run driver when the delivery truck was at a gas station. It sounded really fishy to me. How does a vehicle on the back of a transport truck get totaled? About a month later they gave me access to the Rivian store where they sell trucks that are extras. I chose one in July and am very happy with it.
I guess that they just got mixed up and promised the truck to two different people. It is sad that they lied to me though. The other odd thing is that the vin# that they sent me was different than the vin# on the truck that I received.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I wish I knew the answers. And, mad posting. The carfax report says sold and titled in Florida. Nothing about salvage, etc. All I can say I was supposedly getting a truck, and then I wasn't. With a lot of promises.
It can take six months to a year or more for stuff to hit CarFax sometimes.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Florida Man screams at the wind - has yet to provide VIN number.

OP
OP

Scottyftlaud

First Name
Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram pick p
Occupation
Retired
Wow! The same thing happened to me earlier this year. I was sent a vin# and a delivery date. A few days prior to my delivery date I got a call from my advisor that my truck had been totaled by a hit and run driver when the delivery truck was at a gas station. It sounded really fishy to me. How does a vehicle on the back of a transport truck get totaled? About a month later they gave me access to the Rivian store where they sell trucks that are extras. I chose one in July and am very happy with it.
I guess that they just got mixed up and promised the truck to two different people. It is sad that they lied to me though. The other odd thing is that the vin# that they sent me was different than the vin# on the truck that I received.
Wow! Our stories are identical except I have never received the promised replacement. A team leader did email me yesterday admitting the delay was unacceptable. So we will see. Meanwhile looking at Lightnings here local I could buy today. Very tempting.

Sponsored

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
I have heard from 2 different people that looked at the lightning and said it does not begin to compare with the Rivian. I think the Rivian is way more truck for the buck.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I have heard from 2 different people that looked at the lightning and said it does not begin to compare with the Rivian. I think the Rivian is way more truck for the buck.
It depends on your needs. I’d argue that the F150 Lightning is way more “truck for the buck”, but the R1T is way more vehicle for the dollar.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I have the vin number, which is how I received the carfax report. Rivian lead guides do as well.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Lied to me!!!  Are there others?? IMG_20221116_132917

How about a color? Adventure or Launch edition?

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Years ago a friend bought a ford. Was happy with the vehicle until about month 6, noticed a few oddities. After speaking with the dealer it was revealed the vehicle fell off the delivery truck and had some damage. The dealer repaired it and sold it. Now this was well before carfax and things like that.
Situations like this almost never show up on Carfax. There's no law that says this type of damage has to be reported to Carfax. Some states (Pennsylvania) have a "New Car Damage" Law which requires dealers to inform buyers of damage to a brand new car.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.