First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
Any idea of long term effects of submerging the truck like that? Don't think I'll be doing that with salt water :eek:
The youtube videos of people driving in mud and river crossings show a lot of places where you don't want mud or sand to accumulate in the underbody and no way to wash out without removing the underside trays, which is laborious.

Overall, as long as it's fresh water, the only argument against this kind of risky business is the amount of grease, chemicals and road grime from the vehicle polluting the water (probably less than leaks out of the boat engine.)
Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

My wife says white trucks get pulled over more than any other color. Think that’s true?
I can't speak to that, but white vehicles do have several advantages over other darker colors:
  • White has the highest visibility, especially at night which is a safety benefit.
  • White rejects the most heat of any color saving you energy/fuel in the summer months and keeping your vehicle cooler upon entry when it has been sitting in the sun
  • White will look newer, longer, and hides imperfections, light scratches, and swirls very effectively. It does not hide dirt very well, however.
  • White vehicles need little to no paint correction before applying PPF so you can save money there as well.

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S QM 21
Oh man, impressive seeing that work out, but so many things could have gone wrong, what if the truck started to float and lose traction... also driving a little fast backing up like that with people so close to the truck.

Sponsored

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Launching Boat *IN* Bear Lake Idaho - HILARIOUS! Gigantic Balls

Wow! That had the potential outcome of "hero launch" (which it was) OR being highlighted on Qualified Captain on IG. That's my lake and I wouldn't have the balls to try it...yet That being said, Bear Lake is the "Caribbean of the Rockies". It has a mostly hard, white sand bottom, but there are areas where it can be mucky. This guy launched on the west side from private beach access. The marina on the west side is hyper crowded on weekends with the explosive growth up there, so I could see the need to do this. They are building a new marina next to the existing one with 12 launch lanes and triple the existing slips. It is true that most boats on the lake are launched with tractors, mainly on the east side as the water is too low right now and the marina there is closed - there are still a couple of ramps - but much of the east side is private land with gigantic houses (many have their own ramps).

Yours truly on Bear Lake for reference.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Launching Boat *IN* Bear Lake Idaho - HILARIOUS! 1660488563960

Last edited:

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Anyone else notice the dude on jet ski eating it......

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Launching Boat *IN* Bear Lake Idaho - HILARIOUS! 1660528514548

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Anyone else notice the dude on jet ski eating it......

1660528514548.png
I still can't get over that dog in the bed just chill'n like a villain. Like, to a level that suggests that this isn't the first time he's been Frunk deep in this lake in the R1T.

Gangstah!

Sponsored

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
The lack of a driver/captain actually IN the boat at launch has me really scratching my head. WTF??
Boat's not going anywhere and additional weight means more depth needed to float off the trailer, so I get it.
The whole video is unnerving to watch though.

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
Boat's not going anywhere and additional weight means more depth needed to float off the trailer, so I get it.
The whole video is unnerving to watch though.
I get your point, but a 120lb or so wifey at the helm wouldn't have made a shit's difference. The driver of the truck sure didn't seem to care or take it slow and easy. Had I done it, my video would have looked vastly different (away from others trucks, boats, jet skis, etc), and "slow and easy".

kaedenb

First Name
Kaeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Thats alot of faith that nothing is under the water. Still liked watching though. Waiting for an ICE to try and match.
Curious if the front-facing camera would have any visibility under the water. It would be well under the surface...
Sponsored