First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Just a FYI, Rivian replied on Instagram with the questions about Launch Green, this is their reply:

Launch Green will be an exclusive option to Launch Edition vehicles in addition to the other 9 colorways!

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
So, here is my chat with support regarding the Launch Green colour. It is NOT mandatory if you choose the LE, but it is only selectable if you choose the LE.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Launches New Website: Updated Prices, Launch Edition, Timing, Colors and More! 3EAB7081-D908-4CA3-B3A1-63C9BBC735C3

luriaj

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Datsun 269Z
And someone above said it only comes in Launch Green. I hope they get this right!

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I don’t want to go all negative, but I am wondering what the preorder is actually getting us if you don’t get the Launch Edition.
That's a valid question. And the answer is not much. I imagine that for all other variants of the vehicle (especially the 180kwh pack) our preorders will still give us some sort of priority for delivery whenever those details are clear.

It's also worth noting that anyone can become a preorder customer even today and still be in line for the Launch Edition, hypothetically getting their vehicle sooner than someone who has waited 2+ years already because they want the 180kwh pack. Kinda messed up if you ask me.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I have to say, I’m not disappointed or underwhelmed. Although I did expect the 180 kW battery first, if it’s easier for them to make the 135 kW it’s no big deal to me. I was waffling on either battery anyways. The price is what‘s shocking to me, in a good way. This seems like a great value for either the truck or the SUV. I was honestly expecting prices from like $70,000 to $115,000 like the Hummer. I’m very excited. Also, side note, this is the busiest I’ve seen this forum, and probably the most I’ve ever posted in one day ha

Last edited:

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That's a valid question. And the answer is not much. I imagine that for all other variants of the vehicle (especially the 180kwh pack) our preorders will still give us some sort of priority for delivery whenever those details are clear.

It's also worth noting that anyone can become a preorder customer even today and still be in line for the Launch Edition, hypothetically getting their vehicle sooner than someone who has waited 2+ years already because they want the 180kwh pack. Kinda messed up if you ask me.
I don’t know if that’s true, the person I was talking to on the chat didn’t make it sound like that.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I don’t know if that’s true, the person I was talking to on the chat didn’t make it sound like that.
Which part, the fact that you can preorder today?

Sponsored

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9

Yeah, I didn't get in until January 2020 but this doesn't seem like a fair way of handling it. they could have given preorder holders an opt-in link via email and just let them choose ahead of time. Then you'd either have the option for LE or not have the option when it goes live.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Which part, the fact that you can preorder today?
Sorry, I should’ve clarified. The part about if you pre-order today you have just as much of a chance of getting a car early as somebody that pre-ordered two years ago. But I’m reading a press release about it now, and it looks like you were right.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
So, I’ve noticed that everything seems to now come standard with the glass panoramic roof. So I’m wondering is that the electrochromic roof? Or is that gonna be an option?

Reactions: Jay

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
So, I’ve noticed that everything seems to now come standard with the glass panoramic roof. So I’m wondering is that the electrochromic roof? Or is that gonna be an option?
Pretty sure that’s it.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I think panoramic is the only one that made the cut for 2021. Bugs me there wasn't at least a hard top option though. That was how I planned on trimming cost a bit.
Sponsored