First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet 2500HD, Preorder R1S
Occupation
Engineer
There will need to be a new category for range - how many revolutions during a tank turn...
Haha Yes I can see it already

...Rolls down window - "yes officer?"

Officer: ... ummm what was that...?
Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I am still unclear...If you don't get the Launch Edition, do you have to wait until 2022. If you do get the Launch Edition, does it have to be Launch Green?
As others have mentioned, you can get the Launch Edition in any color, including Launch Green, and still have it delivered starting Aug 2021 (for the R1S). Those who don't want the other Launch Edition flourishes like badging, signs, the wheel upgrade etc. will have to select the Adventure package and wait till 2022.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Hopefully the final price!
My understanding was that they're going to provide some sort of individualized delivery timeframes within the configurator as well - is that not accurate?

EVJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2012 Hyundai Veloster, 2019 Infinity Q50 Luxe, 2020 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Sales
There will need to be a new category for range - how many revolutions during a tank turn...
quietly, the tank turn feature is no longer being discussed.

HalcyonRider

First Name
Segundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pathfinder, R1200GSA
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
1605135415479.png

vs R1S wheels (the 20 inch are different, maybe these aren't restricted to R1S or R1T):
1605135501880.png
Not sure anyone has pointed it out... By process of elimination the 21" Road option wheel be standard.

Rivian states if you choose Launch Edition you will get a free wheel upgrade to 20" AT or 22" Sport.

So if you don't go with LE, you are gonna be paying extra for those 20" AT's.

Sponsored

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
My understanding was that they're going to provide some sort of individualized delivery timeframes within the configurator as well - is that not accurate?
That was mentioned somewhere else—as you configure, you get an update on delivery time. I think this came from a chat with a service rep. I hope that’s accurate.

It seems like no matter what you configure, unless you get the Launch Edition, no deliveries until January 2022.

I guess we will see on Monday!

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
As others have mentioned, you can get the Launch Edition in any color, including Launch Green, and still have it delivered starting Aug 2021 (for the R1S). Those who don't want the other Launch Edition flourishes like badging, signs, the wheel upgrade etc. will have to select the Adventure package and wait till 2022.
Just got off the phone with Rivian. The launch green is the ONLY color you can get with the launch edition. Only option is the wheels and if you want a camp kitchen or not. And they said that there would be a few different options for the kitchen, but pricing isn't known to them but will be known to us on the configurator.....

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Just got off the phone with Rivian. The launch green is the ONLY color you can get with the launch edition. Only option is the wheels and if you want a camp kitchen or not. And they said that there would be a few different options for the kitchen, but pricing isn't known to them but will be known to us on the configurator.....
This is a HUGE mistake...

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
Wow!

So the only Rivian you can get next year is the Launch Edition, in one color.

Sponsored

EVJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2012 Hyundai Veloster, 2019 Infinity Q50 Luxe, 2020 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Sales
The text describing the Launch Edition says "exclusive Launch Green color option" which I think would just be an additional choice you would have if you are able to obtain a Launch Edition allocation.
I could see where the assumption might be the Launch Green is an option with all the other color choices. However the June 2021 Launch Edition vs Jan. 2022 Adventure package is identical in price. I can't see them saying - "The first R1T trucks will be our Launch Edition — marked with special interior badging and offered in an exclusive Launch Green color option" only to then let you pick a different color. To me, this is Rivian's way to ramp up production of just the Launch Green to be ready for delivery in June. Call me simple minded, but I'd be willing to bet on the Launch Edition only being available in Launch Green. But my wife tells me I am wrong all the time, so that could also be the case.

luriaj

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Datsun 269Z
That is messed up! Way to give the people that gave you an interest free loan of $1000 and endless support the shaft.

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
So the 400 mile RIS won’t even be announced until 2022 which delivery is probably, at the earliest, APRIL 2022. That means someone who put in a Deposit in the last 6 months might not see a Car until late 2022.

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
That is messed up! Way to give the people that gave you an interest free loan of $1000 and endless support the shaft.
I don’t want to go all negative, but I am wondering what the preorder is actually getting us if you don’t get the Launch Edition.
Sponsored