Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
What exactly is the "Gear Guard"?

And, does "ventilated seats" mean a cooling system of some kind?

Super bummed that the 180kW version is later. ugh. more waiting.
I have it in my Honda Accord, it’s basically perforated holes in the seat that blows air.
Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Same here, my wife really wanted the green, I guess ill have to settle with the blue to get the larger battery pack. I preordered Aug this year, so I was already expecting to get the vehicle on 2022.
Be aware that Launch Green is not the same green that was shown at the original reveal. Launch Green is the brownish color shown in the recent factory videos. Forest Green is the original green, which is available on all models not just Launch Edition.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
So hard and electrochromic roof options are no longer a thing I guess?

aww181

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, 64 Triumph Spitfire
Copying the list I left on facebook. Add new information you found in the website to the list.

• 300+ mile range at launch. 2022 for 400+
  • Charging speed increased to 200 kW (previously listed as 160kW)
  • #67k base price. $75k "well equipped". Both 300+ mile range.
  • Driver+ standard. Described as "hands free" on "select highways".
  • There are options above the trim levels. Though not listed, the electric Tonneau cover comes with the "Adventure equipment package", The spare tire is an option.
  • The spare tire is only included "in some states where it's required"
  • Air compressor provides up to 150 psi.
  • The tailgate is intended to be used down to extend the bed. Total of 84"
  • There is a "Gear Guard" anti-theft system in the bed. An alarm that alerts your app and takes pictures with a camera.
  • Colors are Launch Green, Rivian Blue, Glacier White, Compass Yellow, Forest Green, LA Silver, El Cap Granite, Midnight, Limestone and Red Canyon:
  • There is a removable bluetooth speaker?
  • An "open-air removable roof option will be offered in mid-2022"

Last edited:

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570
...nothing to read here lads. Just another forum member complaining about the longer wait for the bigger battery pack. Didn't Rivian say the higher spec'd vehicles would be the first produced?

Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

No, the green is only available on the launch edition, among the other standard colors.
I see. I was confused you could only get it in the launch green. I like the light interior, I wish we could see the outside and inside colors together and not just cycle the videos

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Gotta say there are a lot of surprises in this web site update. A few good but also a couple of real zingers. At least some facts are starting to be made available and we can stop living in this Rivian fantasy world we've been in for so long now.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I understand the sentiment, but there’s still a huge difference in price. I don’t expect the 400 mile Rivian to cost more than $5 to 10k more, so you’re looking at a gap of $30-35k
Hummer will provide 100 miles in 10 minutes and 350 miles of range, those are delivered first, not later. Rivian will be 65 miles of range in 10 minutes, to me that is a big difference for long trips. I personally do not care about the price, but that is just me. I wanted 400 mile range with 300KW charging in 2021, yes it is very disappointing to me.

Last edited:

R1Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Hummer will provide 100 miles in 10 minutes and 350 miles of range, those are delivered first, not later. Rivian will be 65 miles of range in 10 minutes, to me that is a big difference for long trips. I personally do not care about the price, but that is just me. I wanted 400 mile range with 300KW charging in 2021, yes it is very disappointing to me.
Those are also already sold out if I'm not mistaken. Next available is 300 miles at $100k arriving TWO years from now.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Looks like they overpromised and underdelivered instead of the opposite

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Those are also already sold out if I'm not mistaken. Next available is 300 miles at $100k arriving TWO years from now.
I have a Hummer preorder already, that was my backup plan.

EVJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2012 Hyundai Veloster, 2019 Infinity Q50 Luxe, 2020 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Sales
Well, Hummer has yet to build a fully functional production model. They can say 100 miles in 10 min, but they haven't been able to demonstrate this at any level.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like they overpromised and underdelivered instead of the opposite
Yep, I have gotten tired of hearing the opposite.

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
So hard and electrochromic roof options are no longer a thing I guess?
Yeah, pretty sure I thought the electrochromatic roof was what they were showing on the website but it looks like standard panoramic glass.

prasadtakkar

First Name
Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1S LE
So the starting price for 135kWh version of the R1T/R1S is $67500/$70000 respectively. 180kWh versions for R1T/R1S are Jan2022 and TBD. However, it looks like they will have a 7 seat version of the 180kWh SUV.
" After launch, we’ll announce the timing of our 250+ mile and longer range R1S, also with seven seats.³ "
I'd like to see the price difference between 135kwh and 180kwh R1S models.
Sponsored