Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Interesting that only White and Silver are standard colors. All others are an upcharge. Hopefully it’s a reasonable price.
Where did you see that?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I see no mention of the Tank Turn option in either truck trim. Whatsup ? Was that always just bait to draw interest ? Did I miss something ?
I verified with support, that Tank Turn is still there!

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Thoughts on why they may not be releasing the 180kWh yet. The 180 is 133% more capacity over the 135. If that equated to x number of cells, for every 3 180s they could potentially build 4 135s. I assume Rivian is going wants to maximize their volume of until builds with their initial line up of sourced battery cells.

Also... I keep hearing people complain about over promising and under delivering. 1st, we've seen nothing but prototypes. Of course they are going to change. Even the Cybertruck is about to reveal design deltas. This is part of conceptualizing an entirely new product. Be realistic. 2nd, Rivian hasn't delivered anything yet so how can you say they have under delivered?

Fully agree, while X and Y were quoted at a "Autoshow" by R.J. and here and there, its not on paper come product time. Come product time it is what it is, If folks don't like it? Wait or have to depart from this avenue and find another way to spend your hard earned cash

1973LT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Yeah, that’s a no from me, dawg. I put down money to buy a product, not to virtue signal or shake my fist at ICE. I get it if this is your issue but if when the full details comes out they underdeliver, I’m not going to be as happy as I hoped to be with the product.
Issue? Definitely not an issue. Just a position. I respect your position on this as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cohall

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Where did you see that?
”Both the R1T and the R1S are standard with LA Silver or Glacier White. Launch Edition vehicles will also have an exclusive Launch Green to choose from. You can also choose to upgrade your paint to Rivian Blue, Compass Yellow, Forest Green, Red Canyon, Midnight, El Cap Granite or Limestone”

It’s from their support page.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Anyone know if the R1S will be available with a spare tire? I thought I heard the 2 row might have a space under the rear floor. I’d actually rather have a spare than the 3rd row but the LE is only available with 3rd row?
R1S will have an option for a spare, but apparently it will not be a standard full size spare.

Also, 3rd row comes standard w/ LE, but can be deleted.

1973LT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
@Chunk , not sure if you noticed my avatar. No fist waving against ICE cars. Low mileage, high performance (from my era standards) Camaro in my garage! I wonder if I could get a skateboard from Rivian for this?

Last edited:

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't know if anyone else posted this, but I was told today that all R1Ts will come standard with a full size spare - meaning it is not an optional item.

Me: Are there any packages/upgrades that come with the full size spare? Seems like a good thing to have in the off-road upgrade...

J.R.: Not to worry! All R1Ts will come with a full-sized spare tire!

OP
OP
cohall

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I don't know if anyone else posted this, but I was told today that all R1Ts will come standard with a full size spare - meaning it is not an optional item.

Me: Are there any packages/upgrades that come with the full size spare? Seems like a good thing to have in the off-road upgrade...

I hope JR is right, but what he told you directly contradicts what is posted on the Rivian site.

Do the vehicles come with a spare tire?
A full-sized spare tire is available for purchase for the R1T, with a compact spare tire available for purchase for the R1S

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I hope JR is right, but what he told you directly contradicts what is posted on the Rivian site.

Do the vehicles come with a spare tire?
A full-sized spare tire is available for purchase for the R1T, with a compact spare tire available for purchase for the R1S
I saw that, and that's why I asked. I hope he is right as well!

JDMD

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Physician
Happy with the update, but still a few questions in my case:

-60/40 second row seat: Would have preferred 35/30/35. Still no confirmation (I had received a positive answer a while back via e-mail) that the seats will tilt with a car seat attached – a huge deal for people with large families like me.

-The purpose of an SUV is to transport people and cargo. Performance and style are great, but stuff needs to fit for any of that to matter. I find it strange no leg room, hip room and cargo room behind 3rd/2nd row numbers were published. The rear storage bin is the space under the second-row seats, or under the 3rd row cargo area? What about the actual space behind the third row? Pictures with roller bags, people seated, dogs would have helped.

-Infotainment: No mention of CarPlay/Android auto…

-Safety: Great news that all the nanny systems will be standard, but if Rivian is really benchmarking Bentley: Will all 3 rows have pre tensioners/load limiting seatbelts? How many airbags?

-Again, they indicated they were benchmarking the best for the interior, yet only lumbar adjustment is discussed as a front seat option. I was expecting, in this price range (and considering the links to Ford), at least something like the multiple air bladder system found in Platinum trims and hoping that Rivian would have sourced the 30 way perfect position seats from Lincoln. Is one lumbar adjustment all we will get?

-Pretty sure I will be choosing a Launch Green exterior… Hard to tell if the lighter option of the 3 ash wood interior combinations would go with the green. I find the black wood less appealing and maybe green on green could be a bit much.
Agreed. Not sure which interior goes best with the Launch Green exterior. Definitely not more green. Tough call between the other two options.

EVJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2012 Hyundai Veloster, 2019 Infinity Q50 Luxe, 2020 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Sales

right on the website - spares are optional:

Truck bed
Load in dirt bikes or sheets of plywood on a structural composite bed that’s wear and corrosion resistant. Two 110V outlets, a lockable, weatherproof tonneau cover and room under the bed floor for an optional full-size spare are standard on all vehicles.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
For some of us this will be our first electric vehicle.... I know it is for me.... my issue is that in all my research I have found that you should not expect to get the rated range with the vehicle.... So 300 miles is really 220-240ish driving 75mph on the highway which is totally normal driving. I know it remains to be seen exactly what to expect in real highway range but I am not optimistic with my style of driving that the 300 mile pack will be suitable for me. I'd be fine waiting but they have not set any date for the R1S with the largest pack....
People around here are freaking out about the 135 kWh battery pack and it really isn't that bad. A Better Router Planner actually has data on projected ranges for the R1T and R1S with various battery sizes. I just tried a test going from my house to a ski hill about 6+ hours away. I used the same settings (drive at 120% of speed limits, add 200 pounds of cargo, etc.) for a 135 kWh R1S and for my (latest) version of the long range Tesla Model X. Here's what the trip looks like in the R1S:

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Launches New Website: Updated Prices, Launch Edition, Timing, Colors and More! 1605157921057

Two charging stops and 6h 18m total time. And in a long range Tesla Model X:

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Launches New Website: Updated Prices, Launch Edition, Timing, Colors and More! 1605158199354

Huh. The Tesla Model X takes LONGER and has an EXTRA charging stop.

The algorithm optimizes for shortest time. I haven't analyzed this yet, but I am guessing it thinks the Rivian can charge faster for longer than the current Model X can. And the Rivian estimate is obviously an ESTIMATE, it could very well be slightly wrong. But whatever, BIG PICTURE here. At least on this somewhat challenging route, the 135 kWh R1S is roughly equivalent to a current 2020 model long range Tesla Model X.

Try it out yourself on routes close to your home comparing to a long range Model X and see what you come up with (use the detailed settings to set settings that are accurate for your type of driving).

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
if Rivian only supports 200KW charging, then it is likely I may get the Hummer, sometime in 2022.
Rivian site states "high-power DC fast charging at over 200kW for sustained periods". Peak charging could indeed be 300 kW.
If they can maintain a minimum of at least 200 kW to 80% (or better), that would be a significant bump over Tesla drops below 200 kW at ~25% SOC. Some people will start their charge session when they drop that low..
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Launches New Website: Updated Prices, Launch Edition, Timing, Colors and More! zka9ty9tnnk21

I have no idea on how to speculate on the Hummer, but the Bolt has a very rapid and severe taper at well below 50% SOC.
Sponsored