Sponsored

Rivian IPO?

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

When will Rivian go IPO? Will it be just before the 1st LE deliveries to customers? Or?

IMO the recent news releases and otherwise silence points to IPO sometime in August 2021.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
When will Rivian go IPO? Will it be just before the 1st LE deliveries to customers? Or?

IMO the recent news releases and otherwise silence points to IPO sometime in August 2021.
IPO in the middle of an already delayed product launch seems like a recipe for disaster. Why would they do that? They don’t need the money.

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 2002 Ford
Occupation
Business Owner
IPO in the middle of an already delayed product launch seems like a recipe for disaster. Why would they do that? They don’t need the money.
I think if they wait and do the IPO as the first deliveries are being made it would boost the excitement and give positive news for the stock price to go up. They will get quite a bit of media attention with the first deliveries as well so more investors will see them as a viable company.

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I think if they wait and do the IPO as the first deliveries are being made it would boost the excitement and give positive news for the stock price to go up. They will get quite a bit of media attention with the first deliveries as well so more investors will see them as a viable company.
I think that makes sense. Do it just as the first few deliveries are made but before anything negative could happen.

IMO Rivian will need all the cash it can get because the small number of vehicles they will produced over the first 2-3 yrs will not be profitable. Especially if they are planning more production sites and new vehicle releases.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I think they need to have a significant delivery volume prior to IPO, and hopefully rave reviews on the vehicles.

With the second US manufacturing facility ($5B investment over time) and another planned for UK/Europe, they will likely need the additional capital in the not too distant future.

Sponsored

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
I think they need to have a significant delivery volume prior to IPO, and hopefully rave reviews on the vehicles.

With the second US manufacturing facility ($5B investment over time) and another planned for UK/Europe, they will likely need the additional capital in the not too distant future.
It does not look like there will be a lot of deliveries this year at the rate they are currently going and the IPO is projected for relatively soon according to others on this forum. Some other EV companies have had IPO's without making a single vehicle and do ok on just the hype. At least Rivian has some real vehicles on the road and vans in use already.

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

It does not look like there will be a lot of deliveries this year at the rate they are currently going and the IPO is projected for relatively soon according to others on this forum. Some other EV companies have had IPO's without making a single vehicle and do ok on just the hype. At least Rivian has some real vehicles on the road and vans in use already.
At the moment Rivian is riding a big wave of positive hype, good time to strike.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
IMO if they want to get close to the 50-70 billion valuation they want for the IPO they would wait for a significant number of actual deliveries. If they IPO early the valuation would probably be less.

I am plan to invest, have money set aside for that but, I will not invest on the initial IPO if it happens before deliveries start. I don't think I am that different than a lot of potential investors and that would hurt their initial results.

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Maybe a good plan is to buy Rivian stock now and in 2+ yrs when my truck is finally ready sell the stock to pay for it. Or not…..

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

A few deliveries would give the IPO a nice boost.

No production info but lots of IPO type hype.

Sponsored

irish26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Do you guys think it would be a traditional IPO or one of these reverse merger SPAC's that we are seeing most of the EV startups use?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Do you guys think it would be a traditional IPO or one of these reverse merger SPAC's that we are seeing most of the EV startups use?
All indications is it will be a traditional IPO, it has been reported they are working with Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, and Morgan Stanley on the IPO.

Rithvik

First Name
rithvik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
IT
i think its best to wait till cars are delivered, There had been many rotten examples like Nikola & Lordstown

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
i think its best to wait till cars are delivered, There had been many rotten examples like Nikola & Lordstown
I agree. I do think 5 years from now they may be the first real competition to Tesla. With SUV and Trucks being what most people chose to drive I think Rivian future is bright if they diversify into varying price points and sizes of vehicles.
Sponsored