Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

not for purposes of the DSP. you have to go through their wealth management branch to get the DSP price.

I can buy more shares through e-trade as a retail customer, but not at the IPO price.
Yes and with the wealth management account you can buy the retail shares too. Looks like trading fees are similar if not the same across the platforms.
Sponsored

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
Yes and with the wealth management account you can buy the retail shares too. Looks like trading fees are similar if not the same across the platforms.

For simplicity, I'd like to keep it in eTrade. I've been on it for almost 20 years, and have slowly amassed ALMOST enough to make up for having to medically retire early this year.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Awaiting Deposit Verification in my bank account for ACH then bring on 11/9 baby! Hope there's 25 shares (of the bajillion available) with my name on 'em. I'm hoping this will be like Amazon or Tesla-level returns a decade down the line. :) Finally getting in early on a biggie would be effing sweet!

Who agrees that it will likely open higher than the estimated $57-62?!?!

Anyone think less?
Update - Account Deposits confirmed. Awaiting next steps. ?

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
That may not be a good sign for institutional IPO interest
Morgan Stanley says Lucid will drop 67% in the next 12 months to $12 a share. This would cut their market value to under $16b. If that happens RIVIAN would be worth almost 4x Lucid. That seems out of balance. The 67% drop may be extreme. Interesting that Morgan Stanley is saying this as they are a lead RIVIAN Investment Firm.

Sponsored

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Morgan Stanley says Lucid will drop 67% in the next 12 months to $12 a share. This would cut their market value to under $16b. If that happens RIVIAN would be worth almost 4x Lucid. That seems out of balance. The 67% drop may be extreme. Interesting that Morgan Stanley is saying this as they are a lead RIVIAN Investment Firm.
If only Morgan Stanley could see into the future.... Their analysts are more effective as historians.

stumptown85

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, XC60, Dakota
Occupation
Engineer
If only Morgan Stanley could see into the future.... Their analysts are more effective as historians.
Analysts are great at giving guidance that lags peformance.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
“Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future!”

R_1_T

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2&4-wheeled
This is a bad time for an IPO in my opinion. Supply chain issues still haven't been resolved, and show no signs of going away any time soon. This presents a significant risk from an investment perspective which has me steering clear of the offering.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
This is a bad time for an IPO in my opinion. Supply chain issues still haven't been resolved, and show no signs of going away any time soon. This presents a significant risk from an investment perspective which has me steering clear of the offering.
Supply chain issues are but a drop in the ocean of capital out looking for a home. No better time for IPO if we're talking about Rivian's perspective here.

If we are, and if the stock is going to slide due to the reasons you state, then also reaffirms that now is the best time to IPO to collect maximum funding if you're Rivian.

Sponsored

R_1_T

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2&4-wheeled
Supply chain issues are but a drop in the ocean of capital out looking for a home. No better time for IPO if we're talking about Rivian's perspective here.

If we are, and if the stock is going to slide due to the reasons you state, then also reaffirms that now is the best time to IPO to collect maximum funding if you're Rivian.
I kind of don't care about Rivian's perspective. The timing is bad from MY perspective as a potential investor. The IPO could very well represent the top of the market while the supply chain woes exist. Why would I invest if that's the case?

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I kind of don't care about Rivian's perspective. The timing is bad from MY perspective as a potential investor. The IPO could very well represent the top of the market while the supply chain woes exist. Why would I invest if that's the case?
Ok, then yeah you shouldn't invest. That's what's great about 'merica and the free market, it's a free country and everyone can express their opinions and vote with their wallet.

From your perspective, timing is irrelevant though, and actually I still maintain that it's good they are doing it now. If they waited until all of the issues passed, they might IPO at $100. Now, you get to buy it at $30 on the open market because they went too early.

gultin

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Has anyone else NOT received the follow-up email after submitting the pre-registration for the DSP? I have not received any follow-up email as of today. Curious if there are others...

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Thanks for making my point for me.
You're welcome. So we're agreed, that for an individual investor, who believes that the near to mid-term future holds greater challenges than most expect, that the best time for Rivian to IPO is now, so that the shares are on the open market and can be bought at a discount?
Sponsored