Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Not to worry, there will be plenty of opportunities to buy shares below the IPO price. Already, the opening talk is getting lowered as investors are becoming aware Rivian faces many production challenges before ever becoming profitable.

To be clear, I can't wait for the R1S but it doesn't mean I want to buy the IPO.
I think it is fair to say that many of us are expecting an initial drop but are hopeful for gains in the long haul (10+ yrs). And yes, one can absolutely wait and buy (or buy additional shares) on the downswing.

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Not to worry, there will be plenty of opportunities to buy shares below the IPO price. Already, the opening talk is getting lowered as investors are becoming aware Rivian faces many production challenges before ever becoming profitable.

To be clear, I can't wait for the R1S but it doesn't mean I want to buy the IPO.
Rational thinking hasn't hurt Lucid's share price.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
The customer always comes first!. Where are their priorities!
/sarcasm (but some may not think it too far from their truth)
Served me very well. That's why I'm able to be here. I also took care of my employees too, but they were told in advance who comes first. ?

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I’ve wondered how much Rivian would let us buy into for the IPO. Is it 5k, 10k or 25k?

Knowing now that they said up to 7% of shares would go to deposit holders, I think we might top out at around 10k investment with info we have.
175 shares is Max

Sponsored

carl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, VW Atlas, Volvo V60 Polestar
Clubs

Lucid was $58 in Feb now $34
I think they are still way behind Rivian though when it comes to full production, or pre orders for that matter.

Curious who is planning on joining the IPO through MS.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Lucid was $58 in Feb now $34
Lucid was not a publicly traded company in February. There was a SPAC with a theoretical intent to invest/merge with Lucid, but that's far different from the actual open trading of LCID on the exchange.

LCID is currently trading at almost a 50% premium over it's debut on the NASDAQ.

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

I think it is fair to say that many of us are expecting an initial drop but are hopeful for gains in the long haul (10+ yrs). And yes, one can absolutely wait and buy (or buy additional shares) on the downswing.
Just signed up, and this is my thought also. I'm definitely in for the long haul.

Sponsored

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
Account setup funding in place ready to roll with the punches for the next 5 to 10 years ? ???? either way it goes it will be "launch green"??

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
I think they are still way behind Rivian though when it comes to full production, or pre orders for that matter.

Curious who is planning on joining the IPO through MS.
Already done!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Reactions: Rad

kommonplace

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinjwangler.com
Vehicles
2014 Ford Flex, non-LE R1S preorder
Occupation
IT Director
Do we have to transfer funds now or on Nov 9 when the price is shared?
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in. The email isn't super clear. It definitely makes it sound like you can do the funding after you've "confirmed your allocation." It says the funds need to be transferred "by the payment deadline"... and I don't see what that deadline is. (The allocation confirmation deadline is November 9 at 11:59pm, but it doesn't specify a date/time for the payment deadline.)

I scheduled a transfer just to be safe, because I know there's no way I'd be able to transfer funds via ACH "after 5pm" and "by 11:59pm" that Friday. Hard to imagine that's the case anyway, but I didn't want to risk it.
Sponsored