Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
there are fewer working days in each month (assuming they don't work the holidays).
You can rest assured that since they take every possible opportunity the screw with their preorder holders that they will indeed give their employees time off when they should be requiring overtime!
I mean really! They give some random employee that has been with the company 12 years (not knowing for sure if it would lead anywhere) a chance to be near the front of the line instead of someone that put down $1K at the LA Auto Show in 2018. The nerve of them! No way are they going to be successful by coddling their employees and ignoring the people that put a little refundable money down. Seriously - giving workers time with their families and loved ones is something that should be left to Union shops. You can always find more workers if they don't appreciate that Rivian lets them work there. Nose to the grindstone! The customer always comes first!. Where are their priorities!
/sarcasm (but some may not think it too far from their truth)
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
You can rest assured that since they take every possible opportunity the screw with their preorder holders that they will indeed give their employees time off when they should be requiring overtime!
I mean really! They give some random employee that has been with the company 12 years (not knowing for sure if it would lead anywhere) a chance to be near the front of the line instead of someone that put down $1K at the LA Auto Show in 2018. The nerve of them! No way are they going to be successful by coddling their employees and ignoring the people that put a little refundable money down. Seriously - giving workers time with their families and loved ones is something that should be left to Union shops. You can always find more workers if they don't appreciate that Rivian lets them work there. Nose to the grindstone! The customer always comes first!. Where are their priorities!
/sarcasm (but some may not think it too far from their truth)
Reported for reasonableness. This cannot stand.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Just wondering how many more people are going to post the DSP email that came out today. I guess we need to prove that everyone got the exact same wording. ?

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Just got an email from SoFi
The Rivian IPO is now available!
Hi Manuel,

Rivian ($RIVN) has filed to go public and is now available on SoFi Invest. You can request shares for an opportunity to invest in the IPO.1

Once you’re logged into your account, you can submit your indication of interest (IOI) and request shares. Only a limited number of shares are available, so you may not receive all the shares you request. When the IOI period is over, we will notify you to confirm your final order.

To learn more about IPO investing, the allocation process, and other risks, visit sofi.com/invest/ipo-investing.

Sponsored

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac, R1S deposit down
Occupation
Restaurants
I’ve wondered how much Rivian would let us buy into for the IPO. Is it 5k, 10k or 25k?

Knowing now that they said up to 7% of shares would go to deposit holders, I think we might top out at around 10k investment with info we have.

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
I mean really! … Seriously - giving workers time with their families and loved ones is something that should be left to Union shops. You can always find more workers if they don't appreciate that Rivian lets them work there. Nose to the grindstone!
Who let Elon in?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
I’ve wondered how much Rivian would let us buy into for the IPO. Is it 5k, 10k or 25k?

Knowing now that they said up to 7% of shares would go to deposit holders, I think we might top out at around 10k investment with info we have.

Got the follow-up email this morning. We are capped at 175 shares.

Sponsored

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Techtennisone

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota RAV4
Occupation
VP, Technology Enablement
Clubs

Got the follow-up email this morning. We are capped at 175 shares.
I received the Morgan Stanley email today too. I haven’t read all the info yet. Where does it say we’re capped at 175 shares??

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I received the Morgan Stanley email today too. I haven’t read all the info yet. Where does it say we’re capped at 175 shares??

When you click the link to set up the account, it will ask you how many shares you are interested in purchasing. That's where they say what the cap is.

Peter del Rio

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3 rex, Jaguar XKR, Land Rover LR3
Not to worry, there will be plenty of opportunities to buy shares below the IPO price. Already, the opening talk is getting lowered as investors are becoming aware Rivian faces many production challenges before ever becoming profitable.

To be clear, I can't wait for the R1S but it doesn't mean I want to buy the IPO.
Sponsored