Rivian Insurance Questions

Jedimaster109

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T & 2021 Tesla Model Y
Who of you went with Rivian Insurance? I just got my quote today, and its right inline with who I have now which is State Farm. I just think Rivian Insurance offers a lot of nice value if you need to use insurance. I know it is underwritten by Nationwide Insurance. Have any of you had them in the past and what has your experience been? Thank you for the info, much appreciated.
Sponsored

BT6434

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I would consider what replacement options are with your insurance. Especially with pre-order pricing you should consider Rivian (Nationwide), Cincinnati, West Bend, or others that offer replacement or stated value. I haven’t had issues with glass yet but others have, so consider a lower deductible for comprehensive for windshield or glass replacements.

my 2 cents 😉

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
One of the reasons I went with Rivian/nationwide was their promise of possible discounts at renewal based on driver+ usage. Well… my first 6 months is up and just got my renewal. I used driver+ at every possible opportunity. My premium increased $360/year. So much for the discount.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Premium increase is probably a combination of the price increases (higher vehicle value) and quantity of wrecked Rivians causing havoc with the actuary tables.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I just switched from usaa to rivian/nationwide policy. They offer several perks, guarantee oem replacement parts, zero glass deductible that includes the roof, and Rivian replacement if totalled out. My quote was pretty close to what I was paying thru usaa.

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

One of the reasons I went with Rivian/nationwide was their promise of possible discounts at renewal based on driver+ usage. Well… my first 6 months is up and just got my renewal. I used driver+ at every possible opportunity. My premium increased $360/year. So much for the discount.
I was told that this was planned, but not active yet. If I remember correctly, it was some time next year that it was supposed to be implemented.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Price was identical between Rivian/Nationwide and Geico (wife + me). Went with Nationwide, since I assumed it would narrow the list of repair shops to those approved by Rivian.

OP
OP
Jedimaster109

Jedimaster109

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T & 2021 Tesla Model Y
I just switched from usaa to rivian/nationwide policy. They offer several perks, guarantee oem replacement parts, zero glass deductible that includes the roof, and Rivian replacement if totalled out. My quote was pretty close to what I was paying thru usaa.
Thanks for the input everyone. Yes this is some of the major selling points to switch.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Price was identical between Rivian/Nationwide and Geico (wife + me). Went with Nationwide, since I assumed it would narrow the list of repair shops to those approved by Rivian.
did you switch your wifes car to rivian/nationwide as well?

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
did you switch your wifes car to rivian/nationwide as well?
Nope, we have her i3, the other BMW, and the eGolf still on Geico, but going to see if it makes sense to switch soon. My daughter is on the Geico policy as well (she’s not on the Nationwide … not entirely certain it’s a good idea to have my college-age kid driving a 800+hp truck)

Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Switched from statefarm because I saved ~3k on 2 cars and homeowners. Was craaaazy cheap.

AA_Rivian_Socal

First Name
Alaa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green R1T Adv. / BM / 20 AT
Occupation
management
Clubs

I was also told on the phone by the rep that they have covered off-road use of the vehicle. certainly was cheaper than my current provider.
Sponsored