Rivian Insurance - Jump to Front

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
Yes. A busy place for sure, but she and the others have all been great to work with. That said, I'm glad Shylo was the one that answered the first call I made, way back last Summer.
So, you talked to them MONTHS before taking delivery. I assume you initiated the call doing due deligence on their product. Or did they call you?
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

After getting a little booboo this week, it made me wonder if my choice to save money with USAA over the pricier Rivian in-house insurance which includes a jump in line to replace was worth it...

And seeing the other post about Tesla off-road has me concerned my insurance won't cover an unlikely event of a Thelma and Louise type situation.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I don't see how it would be anything other than getting to slot in at the front of the line in the event of a loss. I'd also expect the same with a 3rd party insurance provider.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I don't see how it would be anything other than getting to slot in at the front of the line in the event of a loss. I'd also expect the same with a 3rd party insurance provider.
Why would a third party insurance company get to jump the line?

This seems like a pretty clear advantage for Rivian-branded insurance, and they'll probably want to protect that advantage.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
What if the claim is filed against the other party's insurance (and they don't have a Rivian or Rivian insurance)? Is Rivian insurance going to get involved to help someone "jump the line" to get a replacement?

Sponsored

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner
I'm inclined to consider the Rivian policy at least until production ramps up more. So a year or two of higher premiums could be worth it for awhile... I can always switch later.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
What if the claim is filed against the other party's insurance (and they don't have a Rivian or Rivian insurance)? Is Rivian insurance going to get involved to help someone "jump the line" to get a replacement?
I'm not an agent, but I'd always involve MY insurance. They are who my contract is with, and they are the ones I can hold accountable to take care of me. They can subrogate with the other party and get reimbursed if that's what's appropriate.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

For the speed of things I stayed with Progressive to get the 8steps done, once I have the truck and time to see about additional items I plan to reach back to Rivian Insurance for a much larger view at a bundled policy...

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Why would a third party insurance company get to jump the line?

This seems like a pretty clear advantage for Rivian-branded insurance, and they'll probably want to protect that advantage.
The insurance company isn't jumping the line, you are. The insurance company is just giving you money to do with what you please. So, it's customer service to Rivian's owners to not make them purchase another vehicle and possibly lose them. It would be silly for the relatively small number of vehicles we're talking about not to just slip them one coming off the line and everyone's happy.

Remember, Rivian's insurance is Nationwide, so it's also third party. Rivian just has agents that sell it and provide post sale customer service as a liason.

Sponsored

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
There is no such thing as Rivian insurance, it's Nationwide. So the replacement is between Rivian and the owner, and I'd be shocked if they said well just get in line and someday you'll get it, because many won't come back after they are forced to buy something else as replacement and then shit happens.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
For what it's worth, my premium for two vehicles is about 30% lower than preexisting from USAA, which has been the lowest when quoted before. That's with the Driver+ elective discount (unquantified) and the Nationwide SmartRide discount (15% off initial term, TBD on renewal). So, if I dropped the latter to be more apples to apples, it's still 25% lower. Obviously, YMMV and that still isn't apples to apples because I'm replacing one vehicle on the old policy with the Rivian (eTron so somewhat similar replacement cost, if not higher for Rivian).

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
There is no such thing as Rivian insurance, it's Nationwide. So the replacement is between Rivian and the owner, and I'd be shocked if they said well just get in line and someday you'll get it, because many won't come back after they are forced to buy something else as replacement and then shit happens.
I get what you're saying but we should be a little more precise. Technically, "Rivian Insurance Services, LLC" is a thing. To be precise, they are an insurance agency selling policies underwritten by Nationwide and one or perhaps more other carriers.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I get what you're saying but we should be a little more precise. Technically, "Rivian Insurance Services, LLC" is a thing. To be precise, they are an insurance agency selling policies underwritten by Nationwide and one or perhaps more other carriers.
That's correct. I'm absolutely sure that everything related to claims of any kind will be more seamless using them, from replacement to repairs using OEM parts, which is part of why I went with them (made easy by the really good price). They (agents) literally are officed in the factory in Normal (big insurance town).

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
Wasn't even an option for me. They wouldn't write me a home policy because of wild fire danger. Which was a new one for me since I'm in the heart of the city. Only blocks from city center and miles from anything I'd call wilderness. My guess is Nationwide is blanket denying policies in SoCal
Sponsored