Sponsored

Rivian in the snow? SnowMode... Anyone? Gotta beat this hummer EV

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
Please tell me someone has a good snow video for Rivian that will beat this Hummer EV in the snow. He's ripping it up and making it look WAY too fun for an EV. Anyone got some crazy comparison video of SnowMode? Kyle's snow mode videos seem lame in comparison.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'll post a video if you let me use your brother's backyard. Also if Rivian gives me tank turn :(

OP
OP
RBR1S

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'll post a video if you let me use your brother's backyard. Also if Rivian gives me tank turn :(
*starts crying* You had to remind me of the tank turn promise. *adds that to the list of things Rivian said I could have but I can't*

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

*starts crying* You had to remind me of the tank turn promise. *adds that to the list of things Rivian said I could have but I can't*
The real question is if Guinness would consider tank turns to be donuts.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Lol terrifying. This was my personal limit but it looks awfully mild compared to that video.

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Please tell me someone has a good snow video for Rivian that will beat this Hummer EV in the snow. He's ripping it up and making it look WAY too fun for an EV. Anyone got some crazy comparison video of SnowMode? Kyle's snow mode videos seem lame in comparison.

Snow mode won't do the stuff you see here, because the stuff you see here isn't anything you want the truck to do in regular driving. Snow mode is designed to give you traction, not donuts.

Also, that's not snow, that's slush. Rally/drift mode would probably let you put on a show a lot like this if you have a yard to spare.

The R1T is a better truck, but the Hummer EV was designed in a lab to win pointless dick-measuring contests. It will happily drag you down to its level and beat you with experience.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The R1T is a better truck, but the Hummer EV was designed in a lab to win pointless dick-measuring contests. It will happily drag you down to its level and beat you with experience.
I will say that the rear wheel steering on the Hummer made it unnecessarily easy to kick the back end of the thing out around corners when the roads were slick.

OP
OP
RBR1S

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lol terrifying. This was my personal limit but it looks awfully mild compared to that video.

Hey this isn't bad, it looks fun but not crazy. You can definitely see how the snow mode works with your video.

To your point though, probably a bit wild for most people, that hummer was nuts!

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Hey this isn't bad, it looks fun but not crazy. You can definitely see how the snow mode works with your video.

To your point though, probably a bit wild for most people, that hummer was nuts!
Yeah it was fun. As mentioned above snow mode is actually kind of the opposite of this though, it does a great job of making sure you maintain traction. This was in drift mode which someone can probably describe better than I, but is the anti-snow mode
Sponsored