Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 D5, Volvo XC40, Audi Q2
Occupation
IT
Hello All,

looking for information about:

- when will Rivian start accepting pre-orders for Europe?
- any news on their second factory, again, in Europe?

In spite of the fact that a Rivian might seem very large by european standards, I believe that there is still a good market here.
I currently own a Volvo XC90 and I am looking to trade it for a Rivian, which is a bit longer, but not impossible to drive here.

Rivian gave me a vague response in regards to Europe, confirming that they will be here, but not when.

regards,
Ricardo
Sponsored

R1SinBelgium

First Name
Hein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Skoda Octavia Combi
RJ confirmed in an interview with Bloomberg that Rivian would come to Europe in 2022.
I asked CS several times and got mixed answers, mostly that they would confirm more details 'closer to production'.
Hoping for the R1S here in Belgium in late 2022!

OP
OP

rtdias

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 D5, Volvo XC40, Audi Q2
Occupation
IT
RJ confirmed in an interview with Bloomberg that Rivian would come to Europe in 2022.
I asked CS several times and got mixed answers, mostly that they would confirm more details 'closer to production'.
Hoping for the R1S here in Belgium in late 2022!
Same here!
Waiting for an R1S in Portugal asap please!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Hello All,

looking for information about:

- when will Rivian start accepting pre-orders for Europe?
- any news on their second factory, again, in Europe?

In spite of the fact that a Rivian might seem very large by european standards, I believe that there is still a good market here.
I currently own a Volvo XC90 and I am looking to trade it for a Rivian, which is a bit longer, but not impossible to drive here.

Rivian gave me a vague response in regards to Europe, confirming that they will be here, but not when.

regards,
Ricardo
The stuff I saw in a CNN article had RJ saying the R2 series which is supposed to be smaller versions are being targeted for EU.

This Article Was put out in Nov/2020, it does state Rivian did not respond with a confirmation so I am sure there is speculation in this article as well.

Rivian: Electric pickup and SUV first, smaller EVs for Europe and China next - Roadshow (cnet.com)
Sponsored