Rivian Images - interesting tidbits & Launch Green !?

LoneStar

Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Honda Clarity PHEV, Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Engineer
While looking at Rivian site (for the millionth time) this image in the Rivian Guides Storyline caught my eye...
first for the detail features one can see on the battery 'skateboard' ...
then I noticed the production line in the background... and did I spot LAUNCH GREEN ! (probably not)

post other images from Rivian site if you find interesting things or details after viewing at least 1,000 times.

Rivian site photo-Skateboard chassis.PNG

LG photo.png

Advertisement

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
I believe Rivian has said LG was inspired by their primer... So what you see in the picture is probably just a primed chassis.

OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I believe Rivian has said LG was inspired by their primer... So what you see in the picture is probably just a primed chassis.
Trust me, I more than know that... this "tone" of green doesn't look like the very familiar primer color that is more poop brown-green than monotone green.

I thought about primer right off, but can see the roof top and hood top match, and why have a primed chassis following an obviously final painted chassis down the same line. I know that's not impossible or crazy, just not a default common rationale.

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Trust me, I more than know that... this "tone" of green doesn't look like the very familiar primer color that is more poop brown-green than monotone green.

I thought about primer right off, but can see the roof top and hood top match, and why have a primed chassis following an obviously final painted chassis down the same line. I know that's not impossible or crazy, just not a default common rationale.
I think you might be on to something! It looks different than than the olive green primer we've seen and I agree it doesn't make sense to have an unpainted body right behind a painted one on the same line.

OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
looking closely at more photos throughout Stories (even older posts)...
Is this the Limestone paint? If so, I really dig it! Looks a bit like Ford's new "Cactus Gray"

Limestone.png

Rivian-WI

Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
While looking at Rivian site (for the millionth time) this image in the Rivian Guides Storyline caught my eye...
first for the detail features one can see on the battery 'skateboard' ...
then I noticed the production line in the background... and did I spot LAUNCH GREEN ! (probably not)

LG photo.png
Nope, that is a 'light' Green. So, Forest Green.
My guess is that Launch Green will be darker.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Reservation Holder
looking closely at more photos throughout Stories (even older posts)...
Is this the Limestone paint? If so, I really dig it! Looks a bit like Ford's new "Cactus Gray"

Limestone.png
No. Rivian has stated that is not Limestone.

Advertisement

Advertisement