Sponsored

Rivian hitting the road again - announces some Fall 2019 - Winter 2020 destinations

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Received an email from Rivian today stating some destinations they will be visiting this fall. From the email:

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian hitting the road again - announces some Fall 2019 - Winter 2020 destinations upload_2019-8-20_12-55-42

In case the above image doesn't appear in your browser, the cities are: Atlanta, Seattle and San Francisco. I'll update this post when they announce the dates.

As of Aug 23, 2019 - Rivian has announced via email (invite) their Atlanta private event will be September 13, 2019, 6-9pm ET.
As of Sep 4, 2019 - Rivian has announced via email (invite) their Seattle private event will be September 27, 2019, 4-6pm and 7-9pm.
As of Dec 12, 2019 - Rivian announced via email the San Francisco event has been moved to 2020. It will be a two day event - January 25 and 26th. The event is free to the public and will feature the R1T and R1S. The email indicated more information on the exact location and how to RSVP will come later.
As of Dec 27 2019 - Rivian announced via email the San Francisco public event will be held at the Proof Lab in Mill Valley, CA. RSVP link is in the email.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
All pre-order reservations will receive this e-mail as I have. Lets hope they make it an easy adventure to view and not in the middle of the city.

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Got the email this morning. Hoping Atlanta dates will fit my schedule.

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
I wish everyone the best but temper your expectations. You’ll be able to ask all the questions you want at these but you a) won’t be permitted to get close enough to fully see/touch the interior, b) sit inside c) get a ride, etc ... if they hold true to form from their other events.

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh, well. That'll save me a trip to Atlanta.

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I wish everyone the best but temper your expectations. You’ll be able to ask all the questions you want at these but you a) won’t be permitted to get close enough to fully see/touch the interior, b) sit inside c) get a ride, etc ... if they hold true to form from their other events.
I agree, and this will likely be the case until they have a full fleet of pre-production vehicles. At this point, they are still touring the same 2 prototypes that were shown last November, and they need to limit contact with them to keep them in pristine condition.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Atlanta is supposedly Friday 9/13. I thought about making the trip, but there has to be a TX destination soon...

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I, too, figure that the wear and tear on seats, floor mats, and door panels from hundreds of people climbing in and out might begin to degrade them to a noticeable extent. However, my guess is that the vendors who are supplying these components could easily provide a few extra ones for Rivian to change out between shows, if necessary. A clear wrap on the vehicle bodies would protect them, and doorsills could likewise be protected. They wouldn't have to build entire new vehicles.

These shows are restricted to reservation holders, i.e., people whose interest in the vehicles is serious enough for them to plunk down considerable cash -- and people of whom many will have traveled a considerable distance to see the vehicles.

To do nothing but let them look at the vehicle from the same distance that numerous videographers have done and for Rivian staff to be available to answer questions that have probably already been asked and answered on the two Rivian internet forums and in many YouTube video interviews is not offering potential customers much for their trouble and expense of getting to a show.

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
In the meantime, judging from images/stories posted to Instagram, there's going to be another Ben Moon, Alex Honnold and camping crew "lifestyle" video posted soon by Rivian with the R1T and R1S. Hanging out rock climbing this time. We get it — you're the outdoor BEV. I can't wait to join the fun, too. Dang, maybe I can become Ben and Alex's friend and get invited to one of their location shoots. Now, if I can just lose 15 pounds and visit the salon for some blonde highlights. ... Maybe if I adopt a cool shelter dog ... sigh.

OP
OP
EyeOnRivian

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Atlanta is supposedly Friday 9/13. I thought about making the trip, but there has to be a TX destination soon...
Ditto, but if that ends up being the date then I can't make it. Strike 1. Do you mind if I ask what was your source for this date?

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Ditto, but if that ends up being the date then I can't make it. Strike 1. Do you mind if I ask what was your source for this date?
Date came from an unofficial Rivian group on Facebook, from a guy that also knew beforehand that additional locations would be announced.

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
In the meantime, judging from images/stories posted to Instagram, there's going to be another Ben Moon, Alex Honnold and camping crew "lifestyle" video posted soon by Rivian with the R1T and R1S. Hanging out rock climbing this time. We get it — you're the outdoor BEV. I can't wait to join the fun, too. Dang, maybe I can become Ben and Alex's friend and get invited to one of their location shoots. Now, if I can just lose 15 pounds and visit the salon for some blonde highlights. ... Maybe if I adopt a cool shelter dog ... sigh.
Here you go.

Rockstar2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T pre-order, Ford Expedition, Dodge Hellcat
As long as they are in Atlanta, I hope they will buzz down to centrally located Orlando for us in the Florida market.

OP
OP
EyeOnRivian

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OP has been updated with the following: Rivian has announced via email (invite) their Atlanta private event will be September 13, 2019, 6-9pm ET.

Rivian stated, as @SpinDoc7 alluded to, "touching and sitting inside the vehicles is prohibited." They go on to say "When it's time to get behind the wheel, you'll (pre-order holder) be the first to know."

@skyote - your source from that unofficial Rivian group on Facebook got it right again. :)

Last edited:

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

Got an email yesterday with the ATL info and then official invite tonight. I’ve RSVP’d, so hope to get some more information while at the party.
Sponsored