First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe it’s that I come from big tech and work closely on events of all sizes. But I have yet to meet a single marketing exec who has budget in mind…. I find her concern with spending too much on events highly skeptical. Highly impressive events are critical for a startup trying to impress new and potential customers.
There were some potential logical inconsistencies that will be interesting to see play out.
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Well, this would explain some things...
1640054374249.png
Wait... "last-minute cancellation of subsequent events." That suggests that some test drive events were, in fact, run by a third-party vendor. Is that correct? Is this talking about the Breckenridge event for reviewers, perhaps? Or something else?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Wait... "last-minute cancellation of subsequent events." That suggests that some test drive events were, in fact, run by a third-party vendor. Is that correct? Is this talking about the Breckenridge event for reviewers, perhaps? Or something else?
Ooooo good question.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Some of the comments I've read on this thread imply that if the complainants opinion on price or production #'s etc. were correct then that equals proof of gender discrimination. I wouldn't make that assumption. I have zero knowledge of the related happenings concerning this matter and It could be that every single employee at Rivian is highly gender biased or that zero Rivian employees have any inkling of bias of any kind. All I'm saying is that it is possible for the defendant to make bad business decisions for tons of reasons other than gender discrimination. * Also not claiming the defendant made bad business decisions.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Some of the comments I've read on this thread imply that if the complainants opinion on price or production #'s etc. were correct then that equals proof of gender discrimination. I wouldn't make that assumption........
Agreed. Best to hear both sides of the story. Ms. Schwab has made her accusations. It's now Rivian's turn to present their reasons for the firing. One thing we know, is they won't claim she was fired because of her gender. ?

Being fired a couple of days after filing a complaint to the HR department isn't a very good look for Rivian. Rivian has their legal work cut out for them, but Ms. Schwab best have evidence to back up her claims. Hard to believe Rivian would fire someone so quick after a complaint such as this, unless they had overwhelming proof against her. Interesting for sure.......... Maybe no price increases until this case is settled. :clap:

Sponsored

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Maybe it’s that I come from big tech and work closely on events of all sizes. But I have yet to meet a single marketing exec who has budget in mind…. I find her concern with spending too much on events highly skeptical. Highly impressive events are critical for a startup trying to impress new and potential customers.
Mid sized company Marketing Exec here- budgets are always in mind. MY concern is that she’s is the only one bringing them up and not being heard. There a billion ways to spend a marketing dollar.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
one has to believe , until proven false.
One does not and should not. The only obligation is to take it seriously and acknowledge that it could be true.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian hit with Gender Discrimination Lawsuit by ex-sales and marketing head, Laura Schwab FED2351F-C555-4B09-8E42-AFDC4C8BE230

Likely won’t hear anything more here

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Good old arbitration with an NDA at the end. So that no one is held accountable and the problem stays and no one can call that employee as a witness. A corporate ‘ merica classic
Rivian is "different" but also the "same". Reminds me a bit of Animal Farm.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

To me, this reinforces my initial reaction at the time of the complaint:

Company decided to move in a different direction and fired her right before IPO, she was pissed because shares of the company probably represented a huge chunk of her comp and the timing likely meant she didn't get any, she timed her lawsuit for maximum exposure right at the time of the IPO, company responds with a negotiated settlement to compensate her.

Both sides come out with a win (sort of).

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Company decided to move in a different direction and fired her right before IPO, she was pissed because shares of the company probably represented a huge chunk of her comp and the timing likely meant she didn't get any, she timed her lawsuit for maximum exposure right at the time of the IPO, company responds with a negotiated settlement to compensate her.

This is my take as well.

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP

They fired her right before she hit 1 year. Traditionally, equity options granted for new hires at tech companies have a 1-year cliff and then vest in equal increments monthly through your first 4 years at the company. As a result, she might not have gotten ANY equity. I suspect it's more about that than the IPO.
Sponsored