Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/rivi...Bv?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_android

Today, we welcome James Philbin to Rivian as VP of Autonomy & AI. James brings significant experience and expertise from across multiple domains including machine learning, computer vision, and perception to lead our self-driving team to deliver best-in-class safety, vehicle performance and driver productivity in the most complex environments. “As we look at our future roadmap and the integral role of AI/ML, James’ arrival couldn’t come at a more impactful time.” – RJ Scaringe
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Previously the director of software engineering at Waymo, Zoox before that, and Google before that, if you're wondering 🙂 Seems like a good get. I hope Rivian continues to keep their ambitions realistic in this space.

(He interned at Microsoft just a couple years before I joined... I guess I gotta get my rear in gear.)

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Nice. Does Rivian do all their software in the bay area? It's interesting how many offices Rivian has worldwide.

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Nice. Does Rivian do all their software in the bay area? It's interesting how many offices Rivian has worldwide.
Most. App and web development are in Vancouver, BC I believe.

tyfly867

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
370z, Chevy Suburban
Hopeful to see improvements to the driver+ software. Just using it for basic cruise control is glitchy and overall not a good experience.
Sponsored