Sponsored

Rivian has four new models in development!

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
One thing's for sure, though. With the lack of any needed engine compartment, the frunk area could be used in the fashion of a van. As a people hauler, you may be able to have four rows of seating with any number of rows behind the front seats being removable and convertible to be like an older van.

Stretching the wheelbase to place the wheels as close to the corners as possible would give it better handling and allow greater accessibility through those front door openings. Also, lengthening both front doors and having a long sliding rear door (or doors) would help expand that front opening and allow easier access to the back rows.

You're right that the minivan market has gone way south, but this may catch on with the right crowd, especially with it being full BEV and way cooler than any Pacifica. Aside from all this, it's fun to imagine what could be done with this amazing platform.

Who would have thought something like the CyberTruck would have caught fire like it has with the public.
I prefer the new Sienna to the Pacifica, but I have also seen picture of the CANOO and it did not draw me towards a BEV van. I think they misused the space a bit, and with BEVs it seems for some odd reason,the length seems to shrink instead of making larger storage. It could be to enable families to fit them in their garages better, but if your idea of having a 4th row comes to fruition, I will get that in a heartbeat! As for the door, the sliding door would move to accommodate the back 2 rows, and they would put an RX-8 style doors for the front 2 rows, that will make it accessible to everyone.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I recall hearing that and thinking it made perfect sense. I just couldn't find it in print anywhere and don't remember if it may have been in a recorded interview with RJ. Regardless, Rivian already has three battery packs available, so.....
Here isthe article I was thinking about. It says there will be 3 sizes of vans with different battery options but does not state ranges. It does say the flexible design is to cover different delivery models.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ama...cle-to-be-optimized-for-its-specific-route-12

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

These would be R2 models right? So maybe an R2D2 :)
Sponsored