Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
As a noob depositor, my Captain Obvious reaction is: 18 months to hear from a Guide post deposit, and unknown but apparently extended future delivery schedule is hardly something to feel good about.
Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Thanks for asking, I have been silently watching and waiting to see if anyone else has heard anything. Sadly, I have no guidance on when to expect delivery. I have not heard anything from my guide about that (although I am in contact a lot with other questions). I think I had posted, when I first had contact at the end of May, that my guide gave me a 'by November' delivery date. At the time, I though that was really far away and surely it might happen sooner than that, but here we are. I keep hoping each day that I am going to see some sort of 'final steps' email arrive, but nothing yet.
I can't imagine how frustrating that must be!

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
@godfodder0901 any updates from your guide?
I email my Guide every 2 weeks like clockwork, so he rarely has the need to reach out to me. The only times he did were:
1. To push my expected delivery to October (from the initial September) and
2. To let me know that the user guide was published.

That said, everything (as far as I know or he will share) is still on track for delivery by the end of (holy crap!) this month!

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

I email my Guide every 2 weeks like clockwork, so he rarely has the need to reach out to me. The only times he did were:
1. To push my expected delivery to October (from the initial September) and
2. To let me know that the user guide was published.

That said, everything (as far as I know or he will share) is still on track for delivery by the end of (holy crap!) this month!
I'm curious if you are getting the Rivian home charging station? I reconfirmed with my guide that they will ship them to you 4 weeks prior to delivery.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I'm curious if you are getting the Rivian home charging station? I reconfirmed with my guide that they will ship them to you 4 weeks prior to delivery.
I am. I started the process with Qmerit, but paused to get a quote from a local electrician. I will continue the process today (the quotes were VERY similar), but have yet to hear anything else regarding timing of the charger delivery from Rivian.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I haven’t heard from anyone having received their EVSE…. So that doesn’t bode well for October deliveries. Hope I’m wrong.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
For what it’s worth, I was also told I had a “By November” delivery by my guide back in June. Had a brief chat with her today, and I’m apparently still scheduled for a “November Delivery” but that she would keep me informed if they moved that up.

Honestly, I’ve waited three years, I can wait another two months ?‍♂

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
For what it’s worth, I was also told I had a “By November” delivery by my guide back in June. Had a brief chat with her today, and I’m apparently still scheduled for a “November Delivery” but that she would keep me informed if they moved that up.

That's exciting. Hopefully it happens. If that's the case then guide contacts should start soon.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Did she specify which year? ?
I have been dealing with so many crappy delays and excuses that I have become a grouchy old man and a pessimist. I have lost faith in humanity and promises are useless.
I don’t expect my R1T LE until summer of 2022. Realistically, I don’t even want my guide to bother me until they need my final config, then don’t bother me until they can arrange delivery. I should have no more than 2-3 guide contacts and that should take less than an hour combined!

Sponsored

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
….. Realistically, I don’t even want my guide to bother me until they need my final config, then don’t bother me until they can arrange delivery. I should have no more than 2-3 guide contacts and that should take less than an hour combined!
I completely agree. I don’t need my hand held by a guide. I want simple, easy, and clear. A handful of emails before purchase would be ideal. Don’t need time on the phone. Don’t need the full story. Just let me buy the car.

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
My skeptical mind says that all those contacted early actually work for Rivian. They've all been pretty quiet on the board. :idea:
FWIW I was one of those that was contacted by my guide fairly early (July), and I am not an employee. I assume I was contacted because I was an early depositor (Nov 2018).

I was told to expect a delivery -by- Jan 2022. When I asked "Why so late?", my guide explained that it was due to the fact that I do not live in one of the preferred parts of the country that will have an early service center (I'm in Georgia), and/or my build combo may not be one of the first to roll off the line (R1T LE, LG, BM, 20").

So I wait. But that's OK. In fact I look at the delay as a bit of an advantage as I really want to have the opportunity to see, drive and crawl around it before I commit. As an added bonus, having to wait a bit longer, may give Rivian more time to work out some of the bugs that have already been pointed out by the press this week and some of those lucky preorder holders that have already taken a test drive.

I'm as excited and frustrated as the next guy to have my R1T, but I don't want to be "that guy" that blindly accepts (no disrespect intended) whatever is presented, only to be disappointed and regretful later for whatever "new product issues" that may pop up. Remember, although Rivian seems to have a great product, and RJ appears to be a genuinely sincere and straightforward guy that is deserving of all respect, this is a new and unproven product in a new and very young industry.

Plus my "replacement ride" is pretty awesome and filling the gap nicely for now.

With any luck, everything will go as smoothly as planned for all of us. Sometimes patience can be a virtue.

AMoney

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Acadia
Occupation
N/A
Have you received your Rivian yet? If so, when did you get it? If not, what is your expected delivery date?

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
Thanks for asking, I have been silently watching and waiting to see if anyone else has heard anything. Sadly, I have no guidance on when to expect delivery. I have not heard anything from my guide about that (although I am in contact a lot with other questions). I think I had posted, when I first had contact at the end of May, that my guide gave me a 'by November' delivery date. At the time, I though that was really far away and surely it might happen sooner than that, but here we are. I keep hoping each day that I am going to see some sort of 'final steps' email arrive, but nothing yet.
That sucks. Hopefully you get a definitive delivery date in the very near future. I would think that if you were contacted in May they would have told you something by this point in regards to a date.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Curious to see if anyone else beyond the May/June/July group has been contacted. If you have, please speak up.
Sponsored