Sponsored

hamberderz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X (2020), Toyota Tundra TRD Pro (2019)
I wanted to add that I talked to my guide after the delay news was shared by RJ, and she said the following.

I am happy to share that at this time, your anticipated delivery window is still set for mid-to-late November.
So, it doesn't look like all deliveries are delayed until January. We will see if this holds or not, but at least another data point to consider for now.
Sponsored

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
I wanted to add that I talked to my guide after the delay news was shared by RJ, and she said the following.

So, it doesn't look like all deliveries are delayed until January. We will see if this holds or not, but at least another data point to consider for now.
What does this say about production ramp that relatively early guide contacts are being told January for delivery?

hamberderz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X (2020), Toyota Tundra TRD Pro (2019)
What does this say about production ramp that relatively early guide contacts are being told January for delivery?
I think it all comes down to locations again. It has a lot to do with pre-order date, configuration, service centers, etc. But at the end of the day, if the delay caused by part shortages, then things will be delayed, but they likely will still deliver to "hubs" ASAP, like Seattle seems to be.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

I think it all comes down to locations again. It has a lot to do with pre-order date, configuration, service centers, etc. But at the end of the day, if the delay caused by part shortages, then things will be delayed, but they likely will still deliver to "hubs" ASAP, like Seattle seems to be.
Iā€™m selfishly hoping my Seattle location bumps me up in delivery despite a very late non-LE order. Iā€™m presuming some LE orders will be canceled by holders and others delayed due to location away from service centers, so while production of 30,000 LE vehicles could take 4 quarters of production, I think there will be plenty of non-LE included in the early production.

My order is effectively an LE configuration sans upgraded wheels. Hereā€™s to hoping!

Ron S

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 Turbo, Tesla Model Long Range, Jaguar XK8
Clubs

I received the following email from my guide yesterday:

logo-white.png
Hi Ron,
My name is ----, and I am your dedicated Rivian Guide. Working from the Rivian plant in Normal, Illinois, is special to me and my family as my father-in-law was an electrician in the same plant when it was owned by Mitsubishi.
I will be your go to for all things Rivian, including guiding you through the purchasing process. Iā€™ll also be here if you need me once youā€™re behind the wheel.
Iā€™m available to connect via phone, email, and SMS from 8:30am to 5pm CT, Monday through Friday, as well as evenings and weekends for anything urgent. Iā€™d love to set up a call for the coming week to get to know you and discuss our next steps for your adventure. Weā€™ll confirm the details of your configuration and accessories and talk about your delivery timing. Feel free to schedule a time that works best for you.
Personally, I am incredibly excited to have the opportunity to be a part of your Rivian journey. My first adventure here has been welcoming my new daughter into the world and I canā€™t wait to introduce her to everything Rivian.
I responded this morning and I set an appointment tomorrow morning early. I paid my deposit November 26, 2018. R1T - Rivian Blue - Black Mountain - 20" -camp stove/bars. Mountain View, CA.
Looks like this may actually happen!
I had my conversation with my guide this morning. He was friendly - nice guy. The news I wanted most..... delivery date. All he could tell me: by January 22, 2022. Still looking forward. RIVI-ON

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I had my conversation with my guide this morning. He was friendly - nice guy. The news I wanted most..... delivery date. All he could tell me: by January 22, 2022. Still looking forward. RIVI-ON
By Jan 2022 for a 2018 reservation in Silicon Valley? That does not seem like a fast launch at all.

Yikes. Hopefully they beat that date...

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
So it seems that location is one of the more important factors in setting your delivery date.

I had my first contact with my guide yesterday. I told him that I was surprised that it took this long for Rivian to contact me as my order date/number was quite early (Nov 26, 2018 / #1351). I asked what factors determine when pre-order holders are contacted. He said that he does not have that info as their call ques are determined by another department, but did say that apparently the three most important factors are, in no particular order;

Order Date - self explanatory
Configuration Selection - i.e. Type (R1T or R1S), Color and Wheels (accessories are irrelevant to set a delivery date as they can be added or subtracted anytime without affecting delivery date)
Location of Delivery - I pressed him on this issue for more info as I thought readers of this forum would have some interest. He said that Rivian is trying to spread the deliveries around and not concentrate on any particular area(s), BUT, a location near a service center would be a big plus as Rivian wants to be able to support owners, particularly early orders. He went on to say that an existing or soon to be existing service center is not a requirement as "It is expected that 90% of all service would be handled by Mobile Service Units". So it seems that what is most important is that the delivery area be staffed by Rivian service employees. He added that there will be more hiring in the Atlanta area in the near future. Many readers on this forum have speculated that location is important, and it was interesting to me to hear it "confirmed" by a guide.

My order details;
Order Date/Number: Nov 26, 2018 / #1351
Configuration Selection: R1T LE, Launch Green/Black Mountain, 20" all terrain
Location of Delivery: Atlanta, GA area

Not sure if I am the first GA resident contacted. I asked where in GA would the Service Center be located, to which he replied that the exact location has not yet been announced but more information on that will be coming soon. :facepalm:

The call lasted much longer than I expected ( about an hour), and I was pleased with how forthcoming and informative my guide was. There were only a few questions that he could not answer, most of which were because the details had not yet been determined, which seemed reasonable. All in all it was a very informative and productive call.

Hope this info is helpful to our Rivian community. I will follow up later to share some of the Q & A I had with my guide on another thread soon. ?

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

So it seems that location is one of the more important factors in setting your delivery date.

I had my first contact with my guide yesterday. I told him that I was surprised that it took this long for Rivian to contact me as my order date/number was quite early (Nov 26, 2018 / #1351). I asked what factors determine when pre-order holders are contacted. He said that he does not have that info as their call ques are determined by another department, but did say that apparently the three most important factors are, in no particular order;

Order Date - self explanatory
Configuration Selection - i.e. Type (R1T or R1S), Color and Wheels (accessories are irrelevant to set a delivery date as they can be added or subtracted anytime without affecting delivery date)
Location of Delivery - I pressed him on this issue for more info as I thought readers of this forum would have some interest. He said that Rivian is trying to spread the deliveries around and not concentrate on any particular area(s), BUT, a location near a service center would be a big plus as Rivian wants to be able to support owners, particularly early orders. He went on to say that an existing or soon to be existing service center is not a requirement as "It is expected that 90% of all service would be handled by Mobile Service Units". So it seems that what is most important is that the delivery area be staffed by Rivian service employees. He added that there will be more hiring in the Atlanta area in the near future. Many readers on this forum have speculated that location is important, and it was interesting to me to hear it "confirmed" by a guide.

My order details;
Order Date/Number: Nov 26, 2018 / #1351
Location of Delivery: Atlanta, GA area

Not sure if I am the first GA resident contacted. I asked where in GA would the Service Center be located, to which he replied that the exact location has not yet been announced but more information on that will be coming soon. :facepalm:

The call lasted much longer than I expected ( about an hour), and I was pleased with how forthcoming and informative my guide was. There were only a few questions that he could not answer, most of which were because the details had not yet been determined, which seemed reasonable. All in all it was a very informative and productive call.

Hope this info is helpful to our Rivian community. I will follow up later to share some of the Q & A I had with my guide on another thread soon. ?
I believe there was one other ATL contact with a similar order timeframe. Glad that they have started through. Did you get a delivery estimate?

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
I believe there was one other ATL contact with a similar order timeframe. Glad that they have started through. Did you get a delivery estimate?
Yes. Current guesstimate is "before the end of January 2022, but it could be earlier".

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I asked where in GA would the Service Center be located, to which he replied that the exact location has not yet been announced but more information on that will be coming soon. :facepalm:
Obviously it will be in Waycross. :CWL:

I'm guessing Decatur-ish, North Fulton (Sandy Springs/Roswell/Alpharetta), or Marietta. I'm in Roswell and I know no permits have been pulled up here.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
My exact config! If you receive it and donā€™t like it, feel free to have them bring it to me! ?

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
Obviously it will be in Waycross. :CWL:

I'm guessing Decatur-ish, North Fulton (Sandy Springs/Roswell/Alpharetta), or Marietta. I'm in Roswell and I know no permits have been pulled up here.
My wife is actually from Waycross (Blackshear to be specific). No service center, but Iā€™ll take a charger Iā€™m the area :)

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
My wife is actually from Waycross (Blackshear to be specific). No service center, but Iā€™ll take a charger Iā€™m the area :)
My wife is from Waycross. Hoping for charger there also to help on a trip to Jacksonville. But REALLY hoping for a service center in or around Atlanta soon, only makes sense for Rivian. Might help my chances of a Guide contact...sooner than later.
Sponsored