Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
The guy has a valid concern. WhenYou think of it, Tesla, Rivian and Ford are all in the same boat. Nobody has delivered yet. Just spouting we will soon.
If you want a electric truck and want it now it makes some sense to go with want comes first.
Sponsored

hamberderz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X (2020), Toyota Tundra TRD Pro (2019)
Do you know if this was with or without the off road upgrade? I eventually settled on the off road upgrade "expands" the coverage of the skid plate, but doesn't reinforce what's covered by default. Is that the impression you got?
I followed up with my guide regarding this question (as well as a few about charging/insurance which isn't important to share). She said off-road package will be full load bearing. She said she will follow back with full specs on standard package.

NooterIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
was a 2019 Ram
Occupation
IT Stuff
So if LE deliveries are to be done by spring 2022, is it a safe assumption that LE and Max Pack deliveries will overlap in early 2022 you think? Or, do we suppose Max Pack holders will see their vehicles after the LE's have been delivered (even though it says Max Pack will start in January 2022)?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Despite Rivian's claim that Max Pack deliveries (may) begin in January 2022, I'd go with assumption it's more like Springtime next year.

Sponsored

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
So if LE deliveries are to be done by spring 2022, is it a safe assumption that LE and Max Pack deliveries will overlap in early 2022 you think? Or, do we suppose Max Pack holders will see their vehicles after the LE's have been delivered (even though it says Max Pack will start in January 2022)?
Logically I think they will finish LE Orders before starting anything else. Saying that non LE orders will start in Jan 2022 is the same as saying RIT Orders we’re going to start in June (now July?). Again Spring 2022 doesn’t mean March 2022 but more likely May/June 2022. I was interested in a 400 mile RIS but am keeping my LE Order as I can’t see waiting until late 2022 or 2023 for the extra 100 Miles.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
My guess is there will be overlap between LEs and non-LEs. If they finish the LE deliveries on the more well covered areas and are waiting for some of the more remote areas, I can't imagine they will not start delivering non-LE vehicles where they can.

That being said, based on an interview that RJ had, they have said they will be supply constrained into 2023 so I think there will be a slow rollout through next year into 2023.

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

Just going off Rivian's own info... there is overlap between LE and max packs.

The reasons for the overlap are unknown but I think the most logical answer would be location related. So for any given area, I would be surprised to hear/see a max pack delivery prior to the final LE. BUT... Rivian hasn't exactly been consistent with guide contact and timelines so entirely possible that they start rolling out before LE are done for a given area.

hamberderz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OK, off topic but somewhat related. I need your help.

In my frustration, prior to the guide reaching out, I decided to hedge bets by pre-ordering a model 3 performance. The wait was 1-12 weeks for that. Since I did that, Rivian guides reached out and re-energized my excitement about Rivian, even though there isn't really more actual data to go off. Well, it turns out the model 3 performance is ready after 1 week, not 12. I am still bullish on Rivian. If I knew I would get the R1T in August/September, I would just cancel the Tesla and wait. Since we don't know for sure, I am debating if I should go ahead and get the M3P and then trade that in when the R1T is ready. I guess it really comes down to whether or not I think the M3P will depreciate faster than my current trade in of equivalent value. Anyone have thoughts/wisdom to share? I have also reached out to my guide to see if more information can be shared as a result but am not holding my breath on that one.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
OK, off topic but somewhat related. I need your help.

In my frustration, prior to the guide reaching out, I decided to hedge bets by pre-ordering a model 3 performance. The wait was 1-12 weeks for that. Since I did that, Rivian guides reached out and re-energized my excitement about Rivian, even though there isn't really more actual data to go off. Well, it turns out the model 3 performance is ready after 1 week, not 12. I am still bullish on Rivian. If I knew I would get the R1T in August/September, I would just cancel the Tesla and wait. Since we don't know for sure, I am debating if I should go ahead and get the M3P and then trade that in when the R1T is ready. I guess it really comes down to whether or not I think the M3P will depreciate faster than my current trade in of equivalent value. Anyone have thoughts/wisdom to share? I have also reached out to my guide to see if more information can be shared as a result but am not holding my breath on that one.
Just my 2 cents. You cannot look at current used car prices and be able to ballpark the M3 value at the end of this year as used car prices right now are crazy. I would say a safe ballpark would be a 25% loss on the M3, probably will not be that but if that number scares you as worse case scenario then that would answer your question.

If you have already been contacted by a guide, I think it is safe to say you will have a delivery before the end of this year. If there is no pending issue with needing a new vehicle immediately, and I was in your shoes having been contacted by a guide, I would just wait for the R1T.

Then again, if you by the M3, you may just end up with 2 EVs as you may want to keep them both.

Sponsored

hamberderz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just my 2 cents. You cannot look at current used car prices and be able to ballpark the M3 value at the end of this year as used car prices right now are crazy. I would say a safe ballpark would be a 25% loss on the M3, probably will not be that but if that number scares you as worse case scenario then that would answer your question.

If you have already been contacted by a guide, I think it is safe to say you will have a delivery before the end of this year. If there is no pending issue with needing a new vehicle immediately, and I was in your shoes having been contacted by a guide, I would just wait for the R1T.

Then again, if you by the M3, you may just end up with 2 EVs as you may want to keep them both.
I tend to agree on everything you said. My commute right now, as I am starting to do it more and more, would be much better with either the R1T/M3P. I already have a Model X so I don't need 3 EVs. I probably should just cancel the M3P. I just wish I knew dates/timelines for sure to help solidify that decision.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Damn.... and here I thought that I was "impatient" waiting for my L.E. R1T that's not likely coming until late Winter, early spring 2022. So I bought a '21 Toyota RAV4-Prime PHEV to tide me over for give-or-take a year's time. :p

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Damn.... and here I thought that I was "impatient" waiting for my L.E. R1T that's not likely coming until late Winter, early spring 2022. So I bought a '21 Toyota RAV4-Prime PHEV to tide me over for give-or-take a year's time. :p
I bought a case of beer and a bottle of Prozac…. ?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Back to the topic... Rivian could certainly do a better job communicating with pre-order holders the answers to our production/delivery questions. We are all big boys and girls, and we can handle the truth. If there is a significant delay in production due to worker/supply issues, or whatever, communicating with us won't stop all speculation on things that may or may not be true, but it would help their credibility. I can understand if they are being overly cautious to manage our expectations. But I haven't seen if they are truly saying that either. They are just holding their cards tight to their chest. Information is coming out slowly, just not fast enough to satisfy everyone. Some are more patient than others. I want the R1 rollout to succeed just as much as Rivian does, and I believe they could communicate better. Best for business not to chase off your cheerleaders by too much secrecy. It's really hard to be critical of the critics here. I am hoping a lot more information will be forthcoming as we enter July, the first production/delivery month. Let's all cool our jets and be as patient and understanding and respectful with Rivian and forum members as possible.

As FG would say, "that's all I have to say about that."

Who knows, Rivian spies may (likely) be lurking, and reading this might be helpful...to my spot on the list, ha ha!
Agree with you here. Not only is the communication about the delivery vague, confusing, frustrating, but the actual details of the vehicle itself are not being shared and what is shared is dribbling out painfully slow. The vehicle delivers in less than a month and we still do not have confirmed info about the vehicle like EPA rating, safety ratings, etc. No one has test driven a vehicle, if that even happens, before delivery.

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
Agree with you here. Not only is the communication about the delivery vague, confusing, frustrating, but the actual details of the vehicle itself are not being shared and what is shared is dribbling out painfully slow. The vehicle delivers in less than a month and we still do not have confirmed info about the vehicle like EPA rating, safety ratings, etc. No one has test driven a vehicle, if that even happens, before delivery.
Have you watched The Fast Lane's Defender series?
Sponsored