First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I am confused, are all LE orders delivered by November or just being contacted by November?
Guides should reach out by November and deliveries targeted to be completed by Spring 2022 for the LE Order Holders.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Contacted Finally! (For Real) ? 1624402818502
Sponsored

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Good for you that you will get you "CT" first and there will b one less pre order reservation ahead of the folks waiting for their R1 :CWL: :like:

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Your idolatry of Tesla and Elon Musk is clear, so I understand your perspective. You would rather see other EV makers fail, or at least be considered less-than because Tesla is your ultimate. It may be your ultimate, but different people have different requirements and Tesla simply doesn’t work for me. I’m sorry that you need validation from others, I’m sorry that you are frustrated because you aren’t getting that validation here, and I’m sorry that you find objective facts and measures to be useless. Most people, however, tend to place a lot of value on facts.

As I wrote earlier, and which you seemed to overlook…

Rivian started off with a sports car and then changed plans so, if that’s correct, it isn’t accurate to say they have been working on the R1T & R1S for 10 years.

Tesla delivered an electrified Lotus, not an entire vehicle which was developed in-house. Model S was a singular vehicle, and it was around 3 years until they delivered the Model X platform mate.

Rivian is introducing two ground-up vehicles on the R1 platform (R1T & R1S) and a commercial vehicle with the delivery van within about a year. Tesla took about 5 years to start deliveries on 3 vehicles (2 sharing a platform and a third unrelated vehicle) all developed and assembled completely in-house: Models S, X, and Y.

I don’t expect you to reply with logic and facts so there is no need to respond. If you’re going to insult open-minded people who base their decision-making on data as “sheep” then I suspect you’ll have an ever-narrowing audience here. I hope you find something constructive in this world which also makes you happy.
Don’t feed the troll man! Valid criticism is fair, but there are some on here that are definitely Tesla-Stans.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Agree with Commodore here. Assuming the flinger of a certain green vegetable often paired with carrots is at it again. Did you know that planned ignoring is a legitimate behavior modification technique we teachers use in our classrooms? It often gets the job done. The button on this forum is even easier than my daily teaching version. Back to my hammock ?

Sponsored

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
Good advice and I finally set them to ignore.
Ahh man, reading you arguing with someone I can't see has been the most entertaining thing I've had all day. Guess I'll have to go back to my 2nd favorite pass time and cleaning out my spam email incase my [email protected] email gets sent there. I am eager to hear from my guide, but I will say the last 3 weeks has been the cleanest the spam filter has ever been.

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
I think there is a valid criticism to be had about a lack of communication from Rivian. For some of us it has instilled a lack of confidence in what the company says. Even if there is validity about the company being new, the pandemic, shortages, etc. These are the struggles of any company that builds anticipation and has to deal with the public.

A lot of Tesla owners have long been subjected to anti-ev groups, short sellers and the fossil fuel industry. A lot of long term owners are paranoid because of years of those types coming onto pro Tesla forms and trashing the company. The critics and FUD were obvious to even a casual observer on the Tesla forums. This creates a distrust of the motives of anyone who post any type of criticism, fair or not. Kind of like what was just posted about Peashooter. I don't know that poster, or much of what they post. From the dust kicked up by his last post I'm not seeing what the others are seeing that created the indignation.

As a disclaimer, I am not saying Tesla is perfect, because nothing is. They certainly have their issues and there is a fair amount that deserves bashing. However, Rivian's communication has been suspect to many. I don't think you have to be a "Tesla fanboi" to feel that way, just a long term reservation holder who is looking for answers.

Calling some one a Tesla fanboi (or whatever) is an attempt to discredit a dissenting opinion. Is anyone 100% positive that is the motivation here? Pro Tesla and anti Rivian?

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
...deliveries targeted to be completed by Spring 2022 for the LE Order Holders.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Contacted Finally! (For Real) ? r

Another interpretation possibility: In the yellow highlighted area, I take this to mean the deliveries will be completed sometime between March 20, 2022 and June 21, 2022. However, I do hope your interpretation is correct and will be completed by, or prior to, March 20, 2022.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
r.jpg

Another interpretation possibility: In the yellow highlighted area, I take this to mean the deliveries will be completed sometime between March 20, 2022 and June 21, 2022. However, I do hope your interpretation is correct and will be completed by, or prior to, March 20, 2022.
I agree, my statement was not meant to indicate I thought the first day of spring. Probably would have read cleaner if I left the word by out of the statement.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Back to the topic... Rivian could certainly do a better job communicating with pre-order holders the answers to our production/delivery questions. We are all big boys and girls, and we can handle the truth. If there is a significant delay in production due to worker/supply issues, or whatever, communicating with us won't stop all speculation on things that may or may not be true, but it would help their credibility. I can understand if they are being overly cautious to manage our expectations. But I haven't seen if they are truly saying that either. They are just holding their cards tight to their chest. Information is coming out slowly, just not fast enough to satisfy everyone. Some are more patient than others. I want the R1 rollout to succeed just as much as Rivian does, and I believe they could communicate better. Best for business not to chase off your cheerleaders by too much secrecy. It's really hard to be critical of the critics here. I am hoping a lot more information will be forthcoming as we enter July, the first production/delivery month. Let's all cool our jets and be as patient and understanding and respectful with Rivian and forum members as possible.

As FG would say, "that's all I have to say about that."

Who knows, Rivian spies may (likely) be lurking, and reading this might be helpful...to my spot on the list, ha ha!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Rivian could certainly do a better job communicating with pre-order holders the answers to our production/delivery questions. We are all big boys and girls, and we can handle the truth.
AMEN! And I very rarely type in all caps...

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

You're right again Duck. Country Tavern is right outside Kilgore, Hwy 31. I try to go there once a month. Best pork ribs I've eaten.

Just went by there. Used to be named John Tyler High School, but in the climate of today's world, they no longer want it associated with the ex-president. It's called Tyler High now. Like dropping John is going to make a big difference. ?

Same here folks. Where is my guide? Sorry. Back on track now Conversation over......Thanks Duck.
cc

I also remember the ribs (and everything else) being great, but the brisket was outstanding, no sauce needed. I was in Dallas for the '96 Cotton Bowl and had brisket for every meal for a week, searching for perfection. The Country Tavern was every bit as good or better than everything I found from Plano to the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.

Oddly, I had to go on a Statin shortly after the Cotton Bowl. I'm sure it was a coincidence....

Last edited:

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
cc

I also remember the ribs (and everything else) being great, but the brisket was outstanding, no sauce needed. I was in Dallas for the '96 Cotton Bowl and had brisket for every meal for a week, searching for m perfection. The Country Tavern was every bit as good or better than everything I found from Plano to the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.

Oddly, I had to go on a Statin shortly after the Cotton Bowl. I'm sure it was a coincidence....
If in my area again Duck, please stop by. We'll have to dine at the Country Tavern. ?
Sponsored