Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
We live in central South Carolina. I have seen only two planned Rivian service centers listed anywhere close to us. One in Raleigh, NC and one in Atlanta, GA.
Do you have a link to the info on the Raleigh NC service center? It would make my day if Raleigh is getting a service center "soon".
Sponsored

MBuster

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, R1S (waiting for Max Pack)
Occupation
Construction
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Contacted Finally! (For Real) ? 1623446121260

I read this to say they will make the two larger versions first and you will be able to order them right away. If you wanted the smallest pack they were telling you it would be later. You can order both longer ones right away so they did not lie. They maybe decided later that it made better success for the company to do only large pack first, but if you think they knew different and lied at you to get your money it would be strange to still want to do business with them.
They still grouping them together as part of the launch but what you configure will change when you get yours. Need in a big hurry then order what they ship first. They told people this when they did let us tell them what we wanted in the configure.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
I’m likely on the contact list closer to November.
However, Rivian, my birthday is coming up in less than a week....
just sayin’

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Thought I would share;

On another forum, have a person from the Indiana area El Cap/Black, reporting his guide told him July 22 through late August for a window. Reservation was March/2019

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Thought I would share;

On another forum, have a person from the Indiana area El Cap/Black, reporting his guide told him July 22 through late August for a window. Reservation was March/2019
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Contacted Finally! (For Real) ? 200

Sponsored

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
The only thing certain about Rivian deliveries is the largest customer and investor is priority # ONE. I have no expectations that my 1/5/2019 reservation will be delivered this year. Maybe next year.

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
Do you have a link to the info on the Raleigh NC service center? It would make my day if Raleigh is getting a service center "soon".
If I remember correctly someone on the forum posted a link to a list of planned service centers. I'll see if I can locate it.

Otherwise the only other thing I can remember off the top of my head is this anecdotal evidence: https://boards.greenhouse.io/rivian/jobs/4463895003

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
My enthusiasm has been deflated as well. I have an 11/26/18 pre-order and did not expect to be sitting on the sidelines wondering what is going on at this point. I do think that there is a possibility that earlier deliveries may be slotted for people who haven't been contacted yet. I don't think it would make sense to ask customers to lock in their configurations for colors that haven't been shared through real world pictures such as launch green/limestone (I currently have launch green configured, but if it turns out to be overly brownish, I won't be interested). With that in mind, I am trying to remain optimistic even though I have been disappointed with the last minute delay and the limited information being provided to customers contacted by guides.

That is the last bit of optimism I have. Really possible that all the early pre-holders close to service centers will all get their trucks in July. Maybe we will get calls in the next week, who knows (still nothing on interior, EPA, etc.) It's either that or all launch green orders will be way down the line.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
No, the 135kWh and 180kWh packs are not entering production at the exact same time, but they're delivering the highest performance one and the largest one before moving on to lower spec'd configurations (they haven't even announced any details about a 105kWh variant)..
I believe it was only in reference to what was said on the Pre-order confirmation: "Our 180 KWh and 135 KWh packs will be available at launch with the 105 KWh to follow in 2021." This clearly did not happen, for those of us that believe Launch is tied to Launch Edition. I think that's a reasonable assumption. Any other assumption is a play on wording.

I am truly sorry you guys feel slighted, not sure there is anything reasonable that can be done to make you feel better.

Before you hit checkout, there was a disclaimer that clearly stated

Options, specs, and pricing may change as we approach production

When you clicked on checkout, you were agreeing to these terms.
1623445148408.png
Thank you. The email I attached earlier was the Pre-order confirmation, so there would be no checkout. I had already checked out. I don't doubt what you say was there in 2018/2019, nor do I dispute they will protect themselves every legal way possible. I truly like Rivian, but I'm not in love with 'em.

1623446121260.png

I read this to say they will make the two larger versions first and you will be able to order them right away. If you wanted the smallest pack they were telling you it would be later. You can order both longer ones right away so they did not lie.

......but if you think they knew different and lied at you to get your money it would be strange to still want to do business with them.
The Pre-order confirmation clearly states, as I said above, "Our 180 KWh and 135 KWh packs will be available at launch with the 105 KWh to follow in 2021." As mentioned above, "This clearly did not happen, for those of us that believe Launch is tied to Launch Edition. I think that's a reasonable assumption. Any other assumption is a play on wording." I think any reasonable person would think if it's available at launch, then it would be available as a LE (Launch Edition)......or am I being unreasonable?

Lie is a harsh word that I won't use. It has to be intentional. I don't think that was the case, nor do I think they were trying to get my money. I'll be excited to see the first Rivian roll off the assembly line like everyone else.

Sponsored

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Thought I would share;

July 22 2021-late August of 2021 or July 2022-late August 2022 ?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
July 22 2021-late August of 2021 or July 2022-late August 2022 ?
Did not specify but I am sure if it was 2022 that would definitely been part of the post.

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
That's for mobile operations, not retail service center.
Correct.

Between the link I am still trying to find and the job postings I believe there will be a center there.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I believe it was only in reference to what was said on the Pre-order confirmation: "Our 180 KWh and 135 KWh packs will be available at launch with the 105 KWh to follow in 2021." This clearly did not happen, for those of us that believe Launch is tied to Launch Edition. I think that's a reasonable assumption. Any other assumption is a play on wording.

Thank you. The email I attached earlier was the Pre-order confirmation, so there would be no checkout. I had already checked out. I don't doubt what you say was there in 2018/2019, nor do I dispute they will protect themselves every legal way possible. I truly like Rivian, but I'm not in love with 'em.

The Pre-order confirmation clearly states, as I said above, "Our 180 KWh and 135 KWh packs will be available at launch with the 105 KWh to follow in 2021." As mentioned above, "This clearly did not happen, for those of us that believe Launch is tied to Launch Edition. I think that's a reasonable assumption. Any other assumption is a play on wording." I think any reasonable person would think if it's available at launch, then it would be available as a LE (Launch Edition)......or am I being unreasonable?

Lie is a harsh word that I won't use. It has to be intentional. I don't think that was the case, nor do I think they were trying to get my money. I'll be excited to see the first Rivian roll off the assembly line like everyone else.
I understood what you posted but that same disclaimer was there before the checkout for the pre-order.

Not really worth more time for me to worry about.

Hope you end up with something you are happy with.