Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
They say everyone update your truck and location in earlier email and I think this is what they are going by where it will be registered not where you want delivery.
I updated my address in my account, but the address they used to filter me for my Guide contact was my billing address based on the CC used for my pre-order. Since I only moved 5 miles down the road, it didn't change anything for me but I could see it negatively affecting someone who moved into a service are from outside of a service area after a deposit was placed.
Sponsored

Reactions: Rad

hamberderz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X (2020), Toyota Tundra TRD Pro (2019)
I did just chat with an service rep and they said the following, which I thought was a useful clarification.

I wanted to clarify that being contacted by your Guide does not necessarily mean delivery time will be sooner than someone who has not yet been contacted. A select group of preorder holders were contacted due to their configuration. The Guides are working hard to reach out to all of our Launch Edition preorder holders.
This is inline with what I said before in that the batches they are reaching out in are likely to confirm the logistics of their production, but not necessarily the order of that production. We just can't see the full picture. I wish they would share more specifics though.

Caymanwent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
I did just chat with an service rep and they said the following, which I thought was a useful clarification.

This is inline with what I said before in that the batches they are reaching out in are likely to confirm the logistics of their production, but not necessarily the order of that production. We just can't see the full picture. I wish they would share more specifics though.
This makes sense and I also believe this.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

now that makes perfect sense...

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Contacted Finally! (For Real) ? Prof.Lewis

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I have to disagree with this. Rivian is not obliged to go out of its way to set up logistics in far-flung places to make deliveries happen for early pre-order holders.
Excuse me for butting in your conversation. I'll be brief. Just an idea. It's about Customer Service. Possibly allow the customer to pick up at the factory, or hire a private carrier. Have the customer sign and acknowledge there will be no service available in his area for an undetermined amount of time. Let the pre-order holder decide what's best for him. I can't see much good coming out of ignoring the early pre-order holders. They should have been contacted.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I have to disagree with this. Rivian is not obliged to go out of its way to set up logistics in far-flung places to make deliveries happen for early pre-order holders. Think about our friends in Canada or Europe who were excited enough to place an early pre-order. Based on what you propose, shouldn't they also be receiving their vehicles first?

I agree with this. Just like they said LE is the first config we're rolling out with, they could come out and say locations X, Y, and Z are where we are prioritizing deliveries. If you are able to take delivery there as an early pre-order holder then we can bump you up the line. Not a bad idea.
I don’t have a problem with prioritizing delivery locations…. But I do think people who had early reservations should be given the option to take delivery where Rivian wants to ship the truck.

I understand why Rivan may not want to undertake the logistics of a home delivery to someone at far tip of Alaska, right now…. But if an eskimo had the first reservation and was willing to travel I don’t see why Rivian shouldn’t let them take delivery in Seattle.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Guys, come on...

We keep on wanking it to the idea of Rivian™ Service Centers™ accompanying every single delivery. They can delivery trucks to such far-flung places like Pittsburgh or Peoria or Phoenix or Portland or Plano or Pasadena with minimal field service and sublet space or a third-party service contract.

It's so much more likely that they are being SUPER choosy about who is in this very initial run because it's incredibly small. Think about it - if you have something around 50-100 trucks (or whatever) to distribute, and you know that you're not ramping to mass production soon, where would you send them? All basically to the same area(s). It just makes sense.

That said, the real issue here is that the communications are just so broken. Instead of being open and honest about what is going down, they are choosing to turtle and ride it out with practically no comms. They are causing us, their most fervent external stakeholders, ones that have put our money where are mouth is, to basically invent a reality and bicker amongst each other on fan forums to try to explain what the heck is going on.

What should be a joyous time about the start of production has devolved into honest to goodness turd bonanza with people getting torqued because they feel slighted, and other putting a portion of their life on hold waiting for that call from Natalie in Illinois.

The sad part is this could all be cleared up if RJ (or some other jagoff from Rivian) just pounds a bunch of Whiteclaws and hops on the Twitter machine to set us all straight.

Ugh. I'm going to bed.

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
Guys, come on...

We keep on wanking it to the idea of Rivian™ Service Centers™ accompanying every single delivery. They can delivery trucks to such far-flung places like Pittsburgh or Peoria or Phoenix or Portland or Plano or Pasadena with minimal field service and sublet space or a third-party service contract.

It's so much more likely that they are being SUPER choosy about who is in this very initial run because it's incredibly small. Think about it - if you have something around 50-100 trucks (or whatever) to distribute, and you know that you're not ramping to mass production soon, where would you send them? All basically to the same area(s). It just makes sense.

That said, the real issue here is that the communications are just so broken. Instead of being open and honest about what is going down, they are choosing to turtle and ride it out with practically no comms. They are causing us, their most fervent external stakeholders, ones that have put our money where are mouth is, to basically invent a reality and bicker amongst each other on fan forums to try to explain what the heck is going on.

What should be a joyous time about the start of production has devolved into honest to goodness turd bonanza with people getting torqued because they feel slighted, and other putting a portion of their life on hold waiting for that call from Natalie in Illinois.

The sad part is this could all be cleared up if RJ (or some other jagoff from Rivian) just pounds a bunch of Whiteclaws and hops on the Twitter machine to set us all straight.

Ugh. I'm going to bed.
I'm willing to take one for the team and pound some Whiteclaws with RJ to sort this whole thing out. :cool:

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I'm willing to take one for the team and pound some Whiteclaws with RJ to sort this whole thing out. :cool:

Whiskey has way less calories just saying :p

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Whiskey has way less calories just saying :p
Hey man - I'm just looking for some more info about a truck, not the deets about his time with Missy and Jennifer at the fraternity formal his junior year in college.

Pounding whiskey never leads to good things.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Hey man - I'm just looking for some more info about a truck, not the deets about his time with Missy and Jennifer at the fraternity formal his junior year in college.

Pounding whiskey never leads to good things.
Okay maybe I mis typed, sipping a proper scotch/bourbon, maybe a firepit, not pouding some wild turkey LOL.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Excuse me for butting in your conversation. I'll be brief. Just an idea. It's about Customer Service. Possibly allow the customer to pick up at the factory, or hire a private carrier. Have the customer sign and acknowledge there will be no service available in his area for an undetermined amount of time. Let the pre-order holder decide what's best for him. I can't see much good coming out of ignoring the early pre-order holders. They should have been contacted.
I don’t have a problem with prioritizing delivery locations…. But I do think people who had early reservations should be given the option to take delivery where Rivian wants to ship the truck.

I understand why Rivan may not want to undertake the logistics of a home delivery to someone at far tip of Alaska, right now…. But if an eskimo had the first reservation and was willing to travel I don’t see why Rivian shouldn’t let them take delivery in Seattle.
I think we’re all in agreement here. There are many ways in which Rivian can be responsive to early preorder holders without needing service centers in or deliveries to their locations, and they should be pursuing those options.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

This also leaves the door open that launch green may be an earlier push of vehicles that they aren't contacting yet because the logistics around may be more straightforward to start (and hence it doesn't sound like anyone has been batched for July or August really). Just a theory/hunch I've had.
Sponsored

Last edited: