First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Sure. Do you believe a good number of contacts happened and NONE were redditors? I know a bunch of people that will look to reddit before finding and signing up for a vehicle specific forum. It's also not at all implausible.
I joined the Rivian subreddit long before joining this forum. I have no trouble believing that there are several non-overlapping Guide contacts. No need for conspiracy theories.
Sponsored

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

I cringe at all the continued references to a "white" interior. Rivian does not offer a white interior, they offer a gray interior. It is not even remotely close to the true white interior Tesla offers. The difference between Tesla White and Ocean Coast is about as big as that between the Glacier White and LA Silver paint colors.
Fair point; I just referred to it as white for simplicity. Happy to adjust my nomenclature.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I joined the Rivian subreddit long before joining this forum. I have no trouble believing that there are several non-overlapping Guide contacts. No need for conspiracy theories.
Us untrustworthy Seattle Riviots seem to have a tendency to use Reddit. :)

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I got contacted by three guides yesterday and I don't even have a reservation! (/s)

Sponsored

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Amusingly, the guy on Facebook who posted about his early guide contact test run and had gotten a swag package from Rivian is complaining that he hasn't been contacted by a guide yet and lamenting in regard to Rivian's communication in general (his config: El Cap Granite; black interior; order date: 11/27/18; location: ~2 hours N. of Normal, IL)

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Someone on Reddit had a Guide call today:
I really hope this isn't true. I try not to be negative but I have a 2018 reservation and have been very patient To hear your location and interior color maters more than when you placed a reservation and people who ordered in 2020 have been reached out to just has me very depressed.

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
I got contacted by three guides yesterday and I don't even have a reservation! (/s)
I came home to my guide telling me to fire up the grill and cook the chicken for dinner!

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The problem is that I bet between the 3 of us, we probably cross-post enough shit. We've basically created a perpetual rumor machine.

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
I really hope this isn't true. I try not to be negative but I have a 2018 reservation and have been very patient To hear your location and interior color maters more than when you placed a reservation and people who ordered in 2020 have been reached out to just has me very depressed.
I think we all should contact CS and give our opinion. I just did,...

Sponsored

hamberderz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X (2020), Toyota Tundra TRD Pro (2019)
Same here. I shared my frustration and the rep said she had someone else call about the same thing (pre-order holders from 2020 getting contacted before 2018 holders) earlier today and that she sympathized with our points. I also said I am going to reach out frequently, even if it is annoying and redundant, because I think that they should be sharing more information than they are and this is the only way for me to share my frustration with them. I won't reach out every day but likely a few times a week. Likely won't have an impact but at least I know I am doing all I can to be sure they know my frustration. It likely will move me later in the line. Haha

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

Same here. I shared my frustration and the rep said she had someone else call about the same thing (pre-order holders from 2020 getting contacted before 2018 holders) earlier today and that she sympathized with our points. I also said I am going to reach out frequently, even if it is annoying and redundant, because I think that they should be sharing more information than they are and this is the only way for me to share my frustration with them. I won't reach out every day but likely a few times a week. Likely won't have an impact but at least I know I am doing all I can to be sure they know my frustration. It likely will move me later in the line. Haha
I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought this, even though i'm a 2019 reservation holder and i saw some from later 2019 and even from 2020 claim that they had been contacted i wrote Rivian a lengthy email about my concerns. in my case this wasn't just about getting the vehicle just to get it, it was because of actions rivian took earlier when they had said all launch editions would be delivered before end of year, i took advantage of the state of the stock market and sold high not worrying about my gains as my EV credit would have compensated me, now i'm worried that this delay is going to hurt me, instead of possibly saving 7500 i may end up loosing 15000. fast forward to today i get a email response and there it was clear as daylight the rep that reached out old me what i didn't want to hear, instead of our reservation date being priority, it is based on location, then reservation date, then configuration. I emailed back that i personally believe this is not fair for a lot of people, you may end up being last to receive even though you reserved early just because you either live in the middle of nowhere or because rivian may have dropped the ball and didn't start the process of building out service centers in some areas in time. I also informed that them that this location based reaching out isn't good because you have no idea if my billing address or residential address is the only place that i can take delivery.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
instead of our reservation date being priority, it is based on location, then reservation date, then configuration. I emailed back that i personally believe this is not fair for a lot of people, you may end up being last to receive even though you reserved early just because you either live in the middle of nowhere or because rivian may have dropped the ball and didn't start the process of building out service centers in some areas in time.
I have to disagree with this. Rivian is not obliged to go out of its way to set up logistics in far-flung places to make deliveries happen for early pre-order holders. Think about our friends in Canada or Europe who were excited enough to place an early pre-order. Based on what you propose, shouldn't they also be receiving their vehicles first?

I also informed that them that this location based reaching out isn't good because you have no idea if my billing address or residential address is the only place that i can take delivery.
I agree with this. Just like they said LE is the first config we're rolling out with, they could come out and say locations X, Y, and Z are where we are prioritizing deliveries. If you are able to take delivery there as an early pre-order holder then we can bump you up the line. Not a bad idea.

MBuster

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, R1S (waiting for Max Pack)
Occupation
Construction
Just like they said LE is the first config we're rolling out with, they could come out and say locations X, Y, and Z are where we are prioritizing deliveries. If you are able to take delivery there as an early pre-order holder then we can bump you up the line. Not a bad idea.
They say everyone update your truck and location in earlier email and I think this is what they are going by where it will be registered not where you want delivery. Everyone would take where they could and drive home to where there is no service. I don;t think the areas are always near service centers but are where they will have their people to do it.
If ask almost everyone say I go where I need to to get it NOW :)
Where you list as your address is what they will go by and change now probably do nothing.
Nobody knows what order they call and what order deliver. May or may not be the same but I think not since some early guide have later delivery. Everyone panic, complain and get worry too soon.
I think first guide calls so they can learn and help decide how many wait for seeing and other things so they can figure out how many they can make and ship and to where. After first calls they spent time meeting and figuring stuff out based on talking to customer. A little more talk, a little more figure. Then they will get better idea to tell us real info instead of wild guess.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

So should I update my address to the original Starbucks shop in Seattle, then catch a plane there where I mislead the Guide about living there to obtain an earlier vehicle. ?
Sponsored