First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Uh. If sticking a bike in the bed is problematic, what use case wouldn't be?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Uh. If sticking a bike in the bed is problematic, what use case wouldn't be?
I think they are referring to the pad that drapes over the tailgate to prevent scratching the bike and/or truck. Probably would block sensors in the tailgate.

There are videos out there where they have bikes in the back so I am fairly certain that is not the issue..

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I think they are referring to the pad that drapes over the tailgate to prevent scratching the bike and/or truck. Probably would block sensors in the tailgate.

There are videos out there where they have bikes in the back so I am fairly certain that is not the issue..
Same. Hopefully it's a backup sensor or something and not a sensor interns to the bed.

I wonder if it's related to the retract tonneau cover...

Oh well. I'm sure we will find out more soon (unintentional joke).

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
If a tailgate pad would cause problems for a sensor, I don't see why a bike rack and bike wouldn't cause similar problems.

Sponsored

R1THHI

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I just did that and ended up taking over a lease on swapalease with 11 months left. Made So much selling my car,, thousands more than we thought. Plus the guy selling his lease it threw in $1000 cash incentive.
Yeah, anyone who does not sell right now, is crazy not to, if you can get a positive variance on your used vehicle.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
So at the end of that Reddit he said he ordered Jan 2020?!? How in the world is a guide already reaching out to him? I call BS. Or this whole process is ridiculous.
One should keep in mind that just because someone has been contacted by a guide, doesn't mean their order will be delivered before someone who hasn't yet been contacted by a guide. The people who have been contacted have been given estimated delivery dates from August/September to November.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
So at the end of that Reddit he said he ordered Jan 2020?!? How in the world is a guide already reaching out to him? I call BS. Or this whole process is ridiculous.
Reditor has the Wooden Leg!

Sponsored

hamberderz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X (2020), Toyota Tundra TRD Pro (2019)
One should keep in mind that just because someone has been contacted by a guide, doesn't mean their order will be delivered before someone who hasn't yet been contacted by a guide. The people who have been contacted have been given estimated delivery dates from August/September to November.
This is what I keep telling myself. I think they are reaching out in waves to select groups, to start to nail down the plan. I think the location/configuration/etc is all part of the logistics and that the fact that you were contacted early doesn't mean you will get delivery early. It is more about number of guides available to reach out as well as Rivian nailing down specifics on configurations.

I just did that and ended up taking over a lease on swapalease with 11 months left. Made So much selling my car,, thousands more than we thought. Plus the guy selling his lease it threw in $1000 cash incentive.
I am considering this. I don't really want to take over a lease, but I do want to maximize my trade. My truck I purchased 3 years ago has a higher trade than when I purchased it. Really don't want to lose out on that. I'll see if I can convince the wife on this if I can arrange for a lease swap as well.

RIV206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 R1S, '23 Model Y
Clubs

I am considering this. I don't really want to take over a lease, but I do want to maximize my trade. My truck I purchased 3 years ago has a higher trade than when I purchased it. Really don't want to lose out on that. I'll see if I can convince the wife on this if I can arrange for a lease swap as well.
It was easier than I thought (I did a BMW transfer) and was surprised how many people are offering cash incentives to take over their leases.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
It was easier than I thought (I did a BMW transfer) and was surprised how many people are offering cash incentives to take over their leases.
Was the car local? If not, howā€™d you get comfortable thereā€™s no hidden skeletons? My fear with the lease swap is that when itā€™s time to return it, Iā€™m gonna get hosed.

RIV206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 R1S, '23 Model Y
Clubs

Was the car local? If not, howā€™d you get comfortable thereā€™s no hidden skeletons? My fear with the lease swap is that when itā€™s time to return it, Iā€™m gonna get hosed.
It was about 6 hours away. You can see the contract ahead of time to se me what they purchased. In my case he had the tire and wheel protection so I wasnā€™t worried there and I asked to do a FaceTime tour to make sure nothing was dented/scratched. Other than that since itā€™s under warranty I really wasnā€™t worried about the mechanical conditions. It was easier than I thought.

ActionDH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Suburban, 2019 BMW M5
If thatā€™s the case Than why not simply contact preorders in the order in which they were reserved, if the date of this individualā€™s preorder is correct the start of this whole process is a failure and just another step of poor information dissemination
Sponsored