First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, R1S (waiting for Max Pack)
Occupation
Construction
We haven’t seen the information we want yet, but to call the entire program a failure based on that is a huge stretch. They’ve barely gotten started. That’s like calling an F1 driver a failure after the first 10 seconds of a 60 lap race.
Pay him no mind as he is all FUD and not sure why he even here except to talk bad about Rivian. Anything they do will not be enough and will always have bad to say
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The guide concept has certainly not been demonstrated to be a failure, yet.

I'll agree that Rivian clearly rushed a token few contacts to meet their own deadline and that the minimal information the guides provided on these calls was laughable...

But we have no reason to believe that quality guide calls will not actually begin, at some point in the future. Until there are a few months of real-world delivered under their belt, I don't think we should be rendering any verdict on whether the guide program works, or not.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Yes, the guides are a failure, Rivian is a failure, and we are all fanboys. Happy? Don't forget your lollipop on the way out.

Editing to add some counterpoints for you to consider:
- just because they are not yet a success does not automatically make them a failure.
- Tesla hardly had a smooth start. Heck, they are still dealing with quality control issues. They had their own share of delays, and as much as we hate delays as customers, there is so much uncertainty for these companies to work through.
- you speak as if there are successful EV companies cropping up left right and center. Tesla is the only new auto manufacturer from the past 50 or so years that is still operational. So many other companies have tried and failed. Rivian missed two deadlines. So what? Let them work it out - until then, feel free to call them a failure all you like.

Last edited:

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I had to match your level after all.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The problem with your argument is that you think that they either must be proven "success" or "failure" NOW.

The error is that there is no such requirement that a classification be applied NOW.

We can (and should) say the guide program is an interesting experiment and we are not yet able to classify it as a success or a failure.

Once deliveries are being made then we can discuss if the guide program is really working out, or not.

Is Disneyland a success? Most would say it is a resounding success! Yet, in the beginning, nothing worked and there were tons of problems/kinks. However, Disney figured the issues out, relatively quickly, and if you don't like Splash Mountain then what the heck is wrong with you???

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
No, we cannot agree the guides concept has been a failure, so far...

My point is that it is not a binary question. At a minimum, there is a third state, where it is neither a failure nor a success. In reality, there are even more than that.

You keep demanding people agree with your setup, but your setup itself is flawed.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I think it's fair to say you're focusing exclusively on the negatives, and that's fine because people are different. Again, reiterating that just because a company is not yet a success doesn't make them a failure. How'd you like it if I called your newborn a failure because s/he doesn't have a job yet? That's what you sound like to us. Here are some reasons for why they are not failures, to name a few:
- they have plenty of funding
- they are taking their time and not rushing through a product to market
- they have released preliminary info on charging infrastructure, vehicle dimensions, features etc
- they have released videos and blog posts showcasing the vehicle's capabilities
- - they are VERY CLOSE to starting production, ffs.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Meanwhile Tesla started the year with back to back homers with their February deliveries of the redesigned Model S and Model X….. oh wait…. maybe they were just long foul balls….

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I'm waiting for the next underhand pitch rebuttal ...
Sponsored