Sponsored

R1THHI

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So, most feel that Rivian wont meet anything close to their schedule to start deliveries in Jan 2022?
I would think with Ford imbedded, they have plenty of advisors to get things at least moving close to a schedule, with a recovery plan to get back on track.
Sponsored

R1THHI

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I keep watching the trade-in value of my Expedition go up and those Mach-Es hanging out on the lot up the street ?
I would cash out, save the money, get a temp ride, and enjoy that depreciation delta positive cut by this crazy used car market right now.

Reactions: Rad

EnjoyTheDrive

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX460, Porsche Macan
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I am a May 2019 reservation holder for the R1S LE in El Cap with Black 20" AT wheels. Looking forward to hearing from a guide... hopefully soon and will keep you posted when I do.

ActionDH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Suburban, 2019 BMW M5
Actually, all of that information was provided a couple weeks ago in the email they sent out.

It talked about the delay and that contacts would be based on configuration and location and suggested we go in and verify our data.
Sorry, but en email on 5/27 stating this and individuals contacted the next day 5/28, no way they based their first contacts on those finalized preorders, it would have been days or likely weeks before that

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I am a May 2019 reservation holder for the R1S LE in El Cap with Black 20" AT wheels. Looking forward to hearing from a guide... hopefully soon and will keep you posted when I do.
Probably by mid November ?.

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
My Guide indicated that they had been reaching out the prior week, and that he was continuing to be assigned new customers on a daily basis. He couldn't/wouldn't tell me how many customers he had assigned to him personally, but it seemed that the contacts were steady.
It was confirmed by several Rivian employees, including the woman who did the 'Lunch and Learn" that Friday the 28th was the first day of Rivian Guide contacts. So it seems unlikely that your guide went rogue and started reaching out early.

That said, some people did experience getting confirmation emails regarding their configuration, address, etc. prior to the official 'guide' contact, so maybe that's what he was referring to?

It's all kind of irrelevant anyway. I don't personally see the benefit of guide contacting me to tell me no new information and that I may receive my truck sometime between August '21 and November 2025. :)

Last edited:

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

It was confirmed by several Rivian employees, including the woman who did the 'Lunch and Learn" that Friday the 28th was the first day of Rivian Guide contacts. So it seems unlikely that your guide went rogue and started reaching out early.

That said, some people did experience getting confirmation emails regarding their configuration, address, etc. prior to the official 'guide' contact, so maybe that's what he was referring to?

It's all kind of irrelevant anyway. I don't personally see the benefit of guide contacting me to tell me no new information and that I may receive my truck sometime between August '21 and November 2025. :)
I'll take a guide contact all day. That contact might not mean much to some of you, but to me it means a confirmed order and maybe a place in line. I am not looking for any additional information that I cannot check out on delivery. Still very excited about getting an R1T and hoping to be one of the first in Utah.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Sorry, but en email on 5/27 stating this and individuals contacted the next day 5/28, no way they based their first contacts on those finalized preorders, it would have been days or likely weeks before that
I was more referencing the email from 4/23 where they laid out the high level criteria for deliveries and contacts.

They also suggested it was a good time to go in and verify the information in your account was accurate.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I'll take a guide contact all day. That contact might not mean much to some of you, but to me it means a confirmed order and maybe a place in line. I am not looking for any additional information that I cannot check out on delivery. Still very excited about getting an R1T and hoping to be one of the first in Utah.
If a guide contact meant either or both of those things, I'd be in agreement.

So far, that does not appear to be the case. No order finalization/confirmation. And a very broad range of when you might see your delivery, with no hard dates.

Dubs

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX460
Got this email this morning. Let the games begin! I have scheduled 45 min call for June 2 (only allow 45 min blocks)

Capture.JPG
How did your call go????? Did you get a delivery window or hard date!?

Sponsored

Dubs

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX460
Luckily my number won't be called for a LOOONNNGG time, but that's good. I want the Tax Credit situation cleared up.

Do I: pay for the Max Pack, and push my price over the 80K cap and lose the entire tax credit, effectively paying $20k (10k price plus 7500+2500(made in US credit)?

or: suck it up and get 310 miles for $69k....?
If it were me…. I’d take advantage of the tax credits and get the 69k version with 300 mike range. Course I don’t drive very far so range isn’t much of a thing. Truly I could get by with the 250 pack but I’m too impatient to wait!

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
How did your call go????? Did you get a delivery window or hard date!?
I believe he replied a while back...might want to go back a few pages.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

If a guide contact meant either or both of those things, I'd be in agreement.

So far, that does not appear to be the case. No order finalization/confirmation. And a very broad range of when you might see your delivery, with no hard dates.
Based on those who have had a call, they have all said their guides told them that if they need to change anything in the configuration they should call their guides. This sounds like more of a confirmation than I have. Also they were given a window of when they might take delivery. I am sure that July 2021 to Summer 2022 is OK for you, but I would love to hear October/November instead.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
We haven’t seen the information we want yet, but to call the entire program a failure based on that is a huge stretch. They’ve barely gotten started. That’s like calling an F1 driver a failure after the first 10 seconds of a 60 lap race.
Sponsored