Sponsored

loudOrange

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250
Ah. Yeah, so a launch edition doesn't *have* to be launch edition green. The way your original post (and I'm conversation with CS) read is that you thought pre-orders holders that aren't launch edition orders were being contacted by guides. Being curious about people who have non-LE green launch editions being contacted ahead of some LE green orders is probably more a function of their location than the color. They don't seem like they're going to do *all* of the Launch greens before any other colors.
Makes sense - although I was very clear with Rivian re the color issue...although it speaks to the lack of clarity coming out of Rivian. Sure seems like Rivian knows who is where on the list...if nothing else letting us know what the sequencing is would be helpful.

Like others, there's a bunch of moving parts here...getting an electrician in New Hampshire to run a 220 line across a pubic road to a barn while also upgrading your service from 100A to 200A and getting permits...while figuring out what to do with the car the R1T is replacing and coordinating that with work travel and family stuff would be a lot more straightforward with a timeframe "between June and Thanksgiving".
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I’m just annoyed I couldn’t celebrate National Donut Day as our founding fathers intended — doing tank turns in an empty field.
Hopefully this time next year....
I'm annoyed that I didn't know that there was even such a thing as National Donut Day! I love donuts AND donuts!

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I'm sure my call will come on November 24 since I'm in Alaska. I'm expecting them tell tell me my delivery date is end of April 2022 ??
I think you’re going to really disappointed in April…

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Makes sense - although I was very clear with Rivian re the color issue...although it speaks to the lack of clarity coming out of Rivian. Sure seems like Rivian knows who is where on the list...if nothing else letting us know what the sequencing is would be helpful.

Like others, there's a bunch of moving parts here...getting an electrician in New Hampshire to run a 220 line across a pubic road to a barn while also upgrading your service from 100A to 200A and getting permits...while figuring out what to do with the car the R1T is replacing and coordinating that with work travel and family stuff would be a lot more straightforward with a timeframe "between June and Thanksgiving".
Yeah... That sucks. I broke down and bought a new car as an in-between not having any sort of idea of when to reasonably expect a truck in 2022.

Reactions: Rad

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I'm annoyed that I didn't know that there was even such a thing as National Donut Day! I love donuts AND donuts!
But what about doughnuts?!?!

Sponsored

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Yeah... That sucks. I broke down and bought a new car as an in-between not having any sort of idea of when to reasonably expect a truck in 2022.
I keep watching the trade-in value of my Expedition go up and those Mach-Es hanging out on the lot up the street ?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I keep watching the trade-in value of my Expedition go up and those Mach-Es hanging out on the lot up the street ?
Found out my A/C was broken on my Impreza on a little outting with my wife, and was already annoyed with it. That was enough to push us over the edge. Lol.

ActionDH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Suburban, 2019 BMW M5
I asked about my 1/5/19 order reservation and why others with later reservations were getting theirs earlier than me:

"Thanks for reaching out! I hope your day is going well! We appreciate your support and patience as a longtime preorder holder in bringing the R1T and R1S to life. While I don't quite have visibility into your place in line, keep in mind that in addition to your preorder date, your configuration and delivery location also play a role in your delivery timeline. No worries!"

I know but I had to ask. At this rate, I would not be surprised by a non-LE getting a call from a guide.
But therein lies the problem, a preorder LE configuration is not an order, some may not have changed their configuration since the deposit, some may have changed configuration multiple times just to see a different final product. Were we explicitly informed to confirm a hard or final configuration by a certain date prior to any guide contact? Were we told to update any address if we have moved or changed location? Seems like guides have been informing the lucky few that yes your configuration and our reaching out to you would be based on whatever you had a few weeks ago. Still a very poor transparent process imo.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
But therein lies the problem, a preorder LE configuration is not an order, some may not have changed their configuration since the deposit, some may have changed configuration multiple times just to see a different final product. Were we explicitly informed to confirm a hard or final configuration by a certain date prior to any guide contact? Were we told to update any address if we have moved or changed location? Seems like guides have been informing the lucky few that yes your configuration and our reaching out to you would be based on whatever you had a few weeks ago. Still a very poor transparent process imo.
Actually, all of that information was provided a couple weeks ago in the email they sent out.

It talked about the delay and that contacts would be based on configuration and location and suggested we go in and verify our data.

Interferon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P100DL

Make sure to run gray conduit to the barn while you are at it. At least 2 1/2 inch for the power, and maybe a 1 inch for any low-voltage stuff like landlines or Ethernet out to the barn.
I only have 100 amp service at my house and it is more than enough to charge my Tesla at night.
I limit the current of my charger to 20 amps and it is always topped off in the morning.

Sponsored

VerHageX22

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Volvo XC90
Occupation
Tech
Outside of the first batch of those within the PNW that received communication from Guides, It feels as if there has been no additional outreach on this thread. Anyone receive an email this week, or has Rivian put a pause on Guides reaching out?

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Outside of the first batch of those within the PNW that received communication from Guides, It feels as if there has been no additional outreach on this thread. Anyone receive an email this week, or has Rivian put a pause on Guides reaching out?
I'm quite confident that they've only reached out on that one single day. There hasn't been a single additional report since that Friday across any of the platforms I follow.

There really is no point to more guides reaching out given they're not allowed to tell anybody anything.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Seems that first select batch of Guide contacts has been all there's been since late May.
Basically a PR stunt that met a commitment goal - in a technicality kind of way. :rolleyes:

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I'm quite confident that they've only reached out on that one single day. There hasn't been a single additional report since that Friday across any of the platforms I follow.

There really is no point to more guides reaching out given they're not allowed to tell anybody anything.
My Guide indicated that they had been reaching out the prior week, and that he was continuing to be assigned new customers on a daily basis. He couldn't/wouldn't tell me how many customers he had assigned to him personally, but it seemed that the contacts were steady.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Just not buying it that a steady stream of Guide contacts is happening. I mean statistically its near impossible that on the recognized first day of contacts this forum has 5 or 6... and not a single additional notification since (hard to imagine a forum member not posting about a Guide contact).

although that particular Guide said that stuff... nothing seems to support it.
Sponsored