First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I actually disagree. Not to be a turd, but if you put a bill in the mail, most locations (all in the U.S.?) use the date it was postmarked, not the date it was received. If Rivian gets a truck out the factory door and onto a train 7/31, they (and I) may say deliveries started in July. However, the delivery wouldn't be fulfilled until sometime in August.

When they say they're starting deliveries in a month, I have actually been assuming they mean they're leaving the factor that month. Not necessarily in the customer's hands.

And no, not a politician or lawyer.
Ok that makes sense....
Just one more thing, so it's not the definition of "deliveries" I feel ran afoul but the definition of "beginning". My simple mind assumed assumed beginning deliveries meant something meaningful to customers now I understand that Rivian made this announcement but didn't intend for it to construed to mean anything impactful to customers.
I will keep this in mind for future announcements.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I'd play a drinking game with my Guide, take a shot everytime someone says "soon" during the call
Better make sure your guide call is late afternoon & that you don't have anything to do the next day!

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Ok that makes sense....
Just one more thing, so it's not the definition of "deliveries" I feel ran afoul but the definition of "beginning". My simple mind assumed assumed beginning deliveries meant something meaningful to customers now I understand that Rivian made this announcement but didn't intend for it to construed to mean anything impactful to customers.
I will keep this in mind for future announcements.
My option is that the statement was intentionally put out with full knowledge there could be various interpretations of it. It’s not the first time.

GPowers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES350, Corvette Z06, Colorado, Smart
Occupation
I do what I want
Dec 28, 2018 preorder from Los Angeles, Calif area. Configured RED/Black LE. Nothing yet???

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Same can be said about Canyon Red.
Not quite. Canyon Red, like most of the colors, is an extra $1500. Only blue and yellow are an extra $2500. And only silver and white are no extra charge.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Not quite. Canyon Red, like most of the colors, is an extra $1500. Only blue and yellow are an extra $2500. And only silver and white are no extra charge.
and launch green :rock:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
@AdamL did your happen to ask your guide for clarification on increased charging speed? I'm guessing you decided not to, but figured I'd checks back and check.

Teeeechnically the website says it is, so it may not be a total waste to see if they can clear up what it means (doubt it, but ?‍♂).

Last edited:

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
@AdamL did your happen to ask your guide for clarification on increased charging speed? I'm guessing you decided not to, but figured I'd checks back and check.

Teeeechnically the website says it is, so it may not be a total waste to see if they can clear up what it means (doubt it, but ?‍♂).
I did, but I got the same non-committal answer we are used to...

Sponsored

OP
OP
AdamL

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

Ugh, I really hoped I would be in the initial batch but doesn't look like it. I too am within 10 miles of Bellevue WA but my pre-order date was 10/30/2018 and I think I am closer to pre-order 3000. I think it was 28XX.
How were you able to place your order in Oct when I believe the the first orders were taken on Nov 26th, 2018? Did you have insider knowledge?

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

I really love the yellow and would buy it in a second, but unfortunately it's one notch below the Cybertruck on the wife's "don't you dare" list ?
Yeah I really like the "Baby Puke Yellow" but my wife also said it's the ugliest color.

loudOrange

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250
I asked about Warn winches, and whether or not Rivian was in discussions with Warn on Rivian-specific or Rivian-optimized winches. She did not know but promised to follow up with the relevant in-house experts.

Hey Kialoa et al - I just spoke at length with Rivian CS, told them several order holders including some that did NOT order the LE have had conversations with their Guides. I referred him to this forum, and he spoke with several other guides. Called me back, he said there is no way this is true, that only LE holders are getting calls, and the only way a non-LE holder would get a call is if they changed their order to a different version.

Not looking to accuse or imply anything here, just trying to get clarification . As an LE order holder from 1/2018 I'm a bit peeved if non-LE holders are getting calls before I am.

Any details on order numbers and color schemes that have had Guide calls would be much appreciated.

cheers.
Sponsored