Sponsored

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
I understand the frustration of people here, but this forum amplifies and exaggerates perspectives from a select subset of people with a common interest. I’ve seen time and again that we, as people participating in a forum, are going to be more passionate about the topic (Rivian in this case) than any other random person who is interested in or impacted by the topic.

In other words, it is likely that there is a storm of customer dissatisfaction (tempest) from the localized perspective of this forum (teapot). The average non-forum person out there who reserved a Rivian probably got the Adventures beginning soon email from last week and thought something along the lines of, ”It looks like they’re making progress so I should probably click that link. I may have to do something to commit further when they contact me personally.”
My buddy put in for a R1T adventure package, that is exactly how he reacts! Too funny.
Sponsored

jagged

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick LaCrosse
Occupation
Principal Engineer
Clubs

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

My buddy put in for a R1T adventure package, that is exactly how he reacts! Too funny.
It seems self-evident to me that I am more passionate about the forum topic because I found the forum, created an account, and interact.

I am nearly certain there are people who found the forum and created an account only to start reading and thought something like, ”Whoa, this is too intense for me. Peace.” never to visit again.

The type of person who never even searched for the forum would probably label all of us obsessive… if they even knew we were here and taking the time to write about an unreleased product.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The type of person who never even searched for the forum would probably label all of us obsessive… if they even knew we were here and taking the time to write about an unreleased product.
Anything worth doing is worth over-doing.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Anything worth doing is worth over-doing.
Of course! The fact that we see this as being thorough doesn’t change the fact that we are seen as obsessive by certain others.

Slackers, that is. :cool:

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

So has anyone said they've gotten the Guide contact setup email on June 1st or 2nd?
Was last Friday just a flash-in-the-pan?

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
So has anyone said they've gotten the Guide contact setup email on June 1st or 2nd?
Was last Friday just a flash-in-the-pan?
Not me LE on 1/5/19. More like an evaporating drop in the bucket.

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
1622662171143.jpeg

My mind instantly goes to Lonely Island Boys, “I’m on a boat” video! “Like Kevin Garnett, “Anything is Possible!”

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Also, what kind of training were the “Guides” provided? It sounded like a month long process and yet they seemingly know very little?
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Contacted Finally! (For Real) ? 9DB359D4-D1B4-4649-8D6A-CA21894B25D2

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
It seems self-evident to me that I am more passionate about the forum topic because I found the forum, created an account, and interact.

I am nearly certain there are people who found the forum and created an account only to start reading and thought something like, ”Whoa, this is too intense for me. Peace.” never to visit again.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Contacted Finally! (For Real) ? 1622674293717

Sponsored

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
St Bernard said:
40% of all messages on this Forum come from 20 people. So you have another over 2,000 people that really have no interest in reporting info on their calls. I would assume this Forum has 10% of all Deposit Holders. So based on our limited info there are a lot more calls taking place. Nevertheless what’s disturbing are people, who gave deposits over 2 years ago, being told they may not get their Vehicles until Nov. That would mean people who are on the end of the LE Deposit date are going to be well into FALL/Winter 2022.
IF only they would prioritize the top 20-50 active people on this forum... then it'd be happy days.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
With all due respect are you a lawyer or a polititian? Any reasonable person knows what the definition of delivery is. Otherwise I could construe your statement to mean that customer deliveries actually started in 2018 way ahead of schedule.
I actually disagree. Not to be a turd, but if you put a bill in the mail, most locations (all in the U.S.?) use the date it was postmarked, not the date it was received. If Rivian gets a truck out the factory door and onto a train 7/31, they (and I) may say deliveries started in July. However, the delivery wouldn't be fulfilled until sometime in August.

When they say they're starting deliveries in a month, I have actually been assuming they mean they're leaving the factor that month. Not necessarily in the customer's hands.

And no, not a politician or lawyer.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I actually disagree. Not to be a turd, but if you put a bill in the mail, most locations (all in the U.S.?) use the date it was postmarked, not the date it was received.
Tell that to my mortgage company. Or UPS. ?

Seriously though, the criteria for delivery really needs to be right in the name - deliver. When they actually deliver a car to a customer a delivery took place. Documents are signed and the clock of the loan starts.

I guess it wouldn't really surprise me if they pulled something to technically deliver a vehicle, but, you know...

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Contacted Finally! (For Real) ? tenor
Sponsored