Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

40% of all messages on this Forum come from 20 people. So you have another over 2,000 people that really have no interest in reporting info on their calls. I would assume this Forum has 10% of all Deposit Holders. So based on our limited info there are a lot more calls taking place. Nevertheless what’s disturbing are people, who gave deposits over 2 years ago, being told they may not get their Vehicles until Nov. That would mean people who are on the end of the LE Deposit date are going to be well into FALL/Winter 2022.
The info being reported really knocked my optimism down but there will be a ramp up of production so this still feels unlikely to extrapolate a LE delay into late 2022.

The bigger question now is when is the service center for your area going to be completed. While I want my truck asap, I get that this is likely the hold up as much as any supply chain issues. You get one chance to make a first impression so If even a couple people <1% have an immediate issue but can't do anything about it, that will follow Rivian for years.
Sponsored

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Have any other people been reached out to since the first round?

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Nevertheless what’s disturbing are people, who gave deposits over 2 years ago, being told they may not get their Vehicles until Nov. That would mean people who are on the end of the LE Deposit date are going to be well into FALL/Winter 2022.
They were also told, they might get it earlier.

discsinthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Element
40% of all messages on this Forum come from 20 people. So you have another over 2,000 people that really have no interest in reporting info on their calls. I would assume this Forum has 10% of all Deposit Holders. So based on our limited info there are a lot more calls taking place. Nevertheless what’s disturbing are people, who gave deposits over 2 years ago, being told they may not get their Vehicles until Nov. That would mean people who are on the end of the LE Deposit date are going to be well into FALL/Winter 2022.
I don't read the info that others have been sharing quite the same way. Obviously, there's a lot still up in the air right now, but I think with a decent production ramp the stated goal of all LE-holders getting their vehicles by Spring 2022 is still doable.

My read on the November timeframe is being careful to manage expectations, as production sequences are still being hashed out.

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
The planning value in placing these calls right now is going to be a good predictor of attrition in pre-orders. As you point out, there are a lot of people who gave deposits some time ago that are not actively participating in a forum like this, or otherwise easily measurable by Rivian. Also, most of them probably don't really care about the timing and delays and lack of information, they haven't been paying attention that closely.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'm Blue/Black LE from as soon as Rivian opened the configurator. I preordered in December 2019, I live under an hour from Rivian's Plymouth facility. I haven't heard from a guide at all yet.

I've worked in practically every department related to automotive assembly. Maybe when I do finally get contact with my guide, I'll offer to build my own truck during third shift.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

If you look at the numbers it has nothing to do with the forum at all.

There are a total of 16 Guides, its been 3 days since calls have started, if each call has allocation of a hour or so etc etc. Just saying exactly what your saying. The forum means nothing in terms of actual people contacted and that is the math to prove it simply put as it comes out to 384 people at a worse case but probably a little less or not.

Either way the handful people or so here do not represent a valid dataset.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

You have to remember that you're only hearing from a tiny handful of people on these specific forums. Remember people, there's a big huge world out there outside of this bubble! It's entirely possible – and very likely – that many many more people were contacted by Guides who don't obsessively refresh these forums every few hours like we do.
I understand the frustration of people here, but this forum amplifies and exaggerates perspectives from a select subset of people with a common interest. I’ve seen time and again that we, as people participating in a forum, are going to be more passionate about the topic (Rivian in this case) than any other random person who is interested in or impacted by the topic.

In other words, it is likely that there is a storm of customer dissatisfaction (tempest) from the localized perspective of this forum (teapot). The average non-forum person out there who reserved a Rivian probably got the Adventures beginning soon email from last week and thought something along the lines of, ”It looks like they’re making progress so I should probably click that link. I may have to do something to commit further when they contact me personally.”

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
To play devil’s advocate, a mid August customer delivery probably does begin in July.
With all due respect are you a lawyer or a polititian? Any reasonable person knows what the definition of delivery is. Otherwise I could construe your statement to mean that customer deliveries actually started in 2018 way ahead of schedule.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner

One of the people on this forum that already got a call had a 2/2019 deposit. Location > order #.

Sponsored

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne
Did you hear anything interesting about the winch or is this just "winch-ready"? Thanks for sharing your experience!
I asked about Warn winches, and whether or not Rivian was in discussions with Warn on Rivian-specific or Rivian-optimized winches. She did not know but promised to follow up with the relevant in-house experts.

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
Are we sure that they are contacting people based upon when their order will be filled? Could it be that each Guide has a region and they are coming just contact people in their region and not all Guides are ready to contact preorder holders?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Are we sure that they are contacting people based upon when their order will be filled? Could it be that each Guide has a region and they are coming just contact people in their region and not all Guides are ready to contact preorder holders?
We aren't as sure of anything as we think we are... but we do like jumping to conclusions.