Vehicles
INACTIVE
Last edited:

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Realistically, I think non-LE buyers are looking at 2023 :crying:. We'll get like 500-1000 LEs this year for the easiest to produce/deliver/service cars, but that means that even though production will be ramping up, delivering the harder cars will not necessarily happen more quickly. Some easy non-LEs will probably even come before the harder LEs despite what Rivian has said. Then they've got all the vans to do too.

Hell, all this may even be optimistic for Team Yellow, which may be Team 2024. I'm gonna have to start persuading all the preorder holders on the fence about the F150 to fall on that side if I ever wanna see my R1T.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Yeah, I have Blue/Black configured

It might just be a wording thing? My guide said delivery was estimated “At least by the end of November, possibly earlier”

So that could include Aug/Sep. I just really don’t know, and seems like the Guides don’t really know either ?‍♂

When they said at least by November, possibly eariler, did you ask them why not in July? They said deliveries start in July, you were one of the first people contacted, Blue is the first batch, and they still say by November?

This is insane. I really don't mind if they come out and say we will get our trucks in November (12/8/18 reservation, L.A), but they can't make up their minds. @godfodder0901 was told August/Sept, you were told latest November. ugh.

Silver9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19' CX-5 D, 16' Mazda3, 07 S2000
I've actually done that once already. When I first put down my deposit I had just signed up on a 3 year lease earlier that year. That lease is now up and I turned the truck in thinking I'd get my R1T this summer. Now I'm not so sure I'll get it this year. I haven't decided yet as I'm waiting on more feedback from others with their guides but absent good news I may start my search for another F150 as I need a truck at my property.
my sarcasm didn't come through. The lack luster communication from Rivian is pretty pathetic...it's sad that you as a Dec 18' order are left with so many questions.

godfodder...how did you spend 1.5 hours on the phone with them with seemingly few answers? If there is a lot you are not allowed to say, that's understandable. But it seems the questions that were answered for you, plus a few more and some chit chat would only be 15 min. I just imagine a lot of hold music

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

When they said at least by November, possibly eariler, did you ask them why not in July? They said deliveries start in July, you were one of the first people contacted, Blue is the first batch, and they still say by November?

This is insane. I really don't mind if they come out and say we will get our trucks in November (12/8/18 reservation, L.A), but they can't make up their minds. @godfodder0901 was told August/Sept, you were told latest November. ugh.

I dont mind a 6 month delay if they communicated one. Just tell me so I can plan accordingly I think is all we are asking.

Sponsored

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
I dont mind a 6 month delay if they communicated one. Just tell me so I can plan accordingly I think is all we are asking.
@kanundrum that’s exactly right! I WANT THIS TRUCK and get that making and delivering is an incredibly difficult undertaking.

Just stick with the philosophy of under promising and over delivering. I’ll plan accordingly. No more whining from me :lipssealed:

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
Just an example of where communication makes a difference. This time last year I bought a fancy bike helmet off of kickstarter. I was supposed to receive it by end of last year. Along the way the company sent regular emails confirming size and color, noting the progress with tooling, etc. With COVID and production delays, I still haven't received the helmet, but the company always kept me informed on what was going on and why the delays where happening. Transparency makes a huge difference. Note: I'm not pretending manufacturing a bike helmet is anywhere close to an truck/suv in complexity, but still...

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
That lease is now up and I turned the truck in thinking I'd get my R1T this summer.
Have you thought about buying your vehicle off lease and driving it until the R1T comes in? A friend who was leasing a Nissan just took delivery of a VW ID.4. He was planning on just turning his Nissan in to the dealer as the lease ends next month, but he checked CarMax and Carvana and found that used car prices have shot so far up lately that they would pay him over $3,000 more for his Nissan than the contractual buy-out figure. So he bought the car off lease and turned a nice profit inside a week. It sort of torqued off the dealer, who was angling to get the car back to put on his lot.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I didn’t ask that specifically, but I did ask if she knew who would be getting a truck in July, and what would contribute to getting an earlier delivery date.

She said that she didn’t have access to other customer’s accounts, so she couldn’t tell me what configurations/options were going to have a July delivery. But I’ll shoot her a text and ask why August-November seems to be the new time frame

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
So my guide experience was similar to everyone else's. Took 15 minutes and just confirmed a few things here and there. I was told she would email lost of education in the coming weeks when it was released.

I also complained about not having enough information presently to cut them a check for 80k so hopefully that gets run up the chain.

One final thing I thought was very interesting is she told me that the off-road package was removed, but if I added it back on (I took mine off) then it would get me the truck sooner.

I was VERY suspicious by this comment and asked the question of how much sooner, days, weeks, months etc which was just answered by not sure, it's up to the "build team".

Needless to say I opted to keep my current config without the off-road package.

My guide was nice though, but they are obviously very handcuffed by their bosses and this secrecy needs to stop.

Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
So after todays small amount of updated info what's the over-under on when Rivian completes
R1T LE deliveries? I'm thinking a year from today June 1 2022. I'm inclined to take the under but that would be a tough bet.
OVER OVER OVER

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Got this email this morning. Let the games begin! I have scheduled 45 min call for June 2 (only allow 45 min blocks)

Capture.JPG

No reply from @AdamL yet right?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
No reply from @AdamL yet right?
I was 80+ and sunny in Seattle today. He was probably out enjoying the rare warm day before July 4th (the start of our summer).

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA

TUD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWs
Realistically, I think non-LE buyers are looking at 2023 :crying:.
This is exactly what I have been anticipating all along. I suspect I will be contacted sometime in 2023 regarding my order for a 2024 Model Year. I am perfectly fine with that. One, I do not want to be a early beta tester and two, I recently purchased the manufactures extended warranty on my current vehicle. The factory warranty was set to expire at the end of May 2021. I now have an additional three years of coverage.
Sponsored

Last edited: