MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
Not making excuses, just drawing from my experience

Had Covid not happened, they likely would have still pushed at the very least to spring of this year for deliveries. I honestly didn't see them completing their facility on time. The chip shortage and supplier constraints on top of that really hasn't made the already difficult process of gearing up for production any easier on them.

My personal experience of having to schedule a construction project, and meet specific deadlines set pre covid, but then attempt to achieve those without any meaningful delay or rise in costs after the onset of Covid, has been total bullsh!t to say the least. Man-lifts normally capable of taking 30 men up a tower, were reduced to 3 people maximum at a time.

Crews couldn't work closely together, one person would get sick despite preemptive checks etc and then their entire crew or the majority of it would be sent home for a 2 week quarantine as a precaution to protect the site, further delaying the project.

In short, the covid factor is something all companies will be playing catch-up from for the next couple years and Rivian burning through likely hundreds of millions during that whole shutdown/remote work phase hasn't helped. So I try to cut them slack on delivery dates, but not the vehicle information trickle. The extra validation time should have squared that portion away a while ago, but it could be due to further refinements to the vehicles and be a better product in the end.
Not trying to belabor the point, but if communication would have been given, 90% of us would happily understand. I know/knew there will be logistical issues but when someone tells me time and time again we will do "XYZ" and it is happening "soon" or the various other diversion tactics that have been employed, I can't help but wonder what the truth actually is. Or better yet, will I receive accurate pertinent information.
Sponsored

irpete

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
As an early Dec 2018 R1T LE reservation holder I have been very excited about getting my new truck for almost 3 years now. Last week with the pushback to July from June I was disappointed but still positive as I honestly believed I'd get my truck this summer. Now that I'm hearing everyone say August/September I'm not so positive as I live in the Washington, DC area and to my knowledge there aren't any service center permits pulled yet.

We've all heard that CS has told people that the 2018 reservation holders would get theirs first. Now If they're only processing orders where they have service centers I'm not even sure I'll get it this year. I'm seriously considering canceling my order and leasing a F150 Powerboost for 3 years to let the dust settle and consider my options then.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
We've all heard that CS has told people that the 2018 reservation holders would get theirs first.
They have always said that this is subject to other factors that include location and configuration. I know this won't help how you feel, and I understand your frustration but there have always been caveats.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
The zip ties and piano wire holding my car together as I wait for my R1T delivery can go a little longer, but I'm expecting things to start falling apart.....SOON

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
They have always said that this is subject to other factors that include location and configuration. I know this won't help how you feel, and I understand your frustration but there have always been caveats.
First mention I have heard of location and other factors was the email of about 2 month ago. When I put my deposit down in 2018 I was basically told first come, first served.

Sponsored

irpete

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
First mention I have heard of location and other factors was the email of about 2 month ago. When I put my deposit down in 2018 I was basically told first come, first served.
Agree. Wasn't always the case.

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
[
I would expect them to announces in 6-8 weeks that all LE orders will be finished by Summer 2022 (SEPT 21,2022). That’s only a short delay( that’s RIVIAN English).

Wanderer

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Etron
The level of armchair quarterbacking on this forum is mind boggling. 99% of the “could” and “should” have’s should be edited with “I would have really liked” if’s. That is much more accurate, as the former reeks of narcissism and delusions of grandeur.

If I were running Rivian I’d be hesitant to even sell vehicles to people who will never be satisfied or appeased.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA

Sponsored

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

As an early Dec 2018 R1T LE reservation holder I have been very excited about getting my new truck for almost 3 years now. Last week with the pushback to July from June I was disappointed but still positive as I honestly believed I'd get my truck this summer. Now that I'm hearing everyone say August/September I'm not so positive as I live in the Washington, DC area and to my knowledge there aren't any service center permits pulled yet.

We've all heard that CS has told people that the 2018 reservation holders would get theirs first. Now If they're only processing orders where they have service centers I'm not even sure I'll get it this year. I'm seriously considering canceling my order and leasing a F150 Powerboost for 3 years to let the dust settle and consider my options then.
I feel the same way, it is frustrating, but at this point I have low expectations so regardless what happens I’ll be stoked. Also early December 2018 at LA auto show, R1T

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
The zip ties and piano wire holding my car together as I wait for my R1T delivery can go a little longer, but I'm expecting things to start falling apart.....SOON

Yep! Me too!

BuckeyeTruckGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Clubman S All4; R1T Reservation
2. Color and wheel selection will affect production window. Guides aren't sure by how much, but it will be a consideration.
Which wheel did you configure? I do not believe different wheel sizes would matter much in terms of production scheduling as the robots don’t really care which tire it grabs and mounts as the bolt pattern is the same. However, I could understand that it could affect production if a certain wheel/tire combo was not fully available in sufficient quantities.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Which wheel did you configure? I do not believe different wheel sizes would matter much in terms of production scheduling as the robots don’t really care which tire it grabs and mounts as the bolt pattern is the same. However, I could understand that it could affect production if a certain wheel/tire combo was not fully available in sufficient quantities.
Basic 20 RIT wheel.
Sponsored