Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Got this email this morning. Let the games begin! I have scheduled 45 min call for June 2 (only allow 45 min blocks)

Capture.JPG
Just curious if you will be able to see real life colors, test drive, etc before making a final decision? My wife and I test drove a new MDX last weekend. She currently has a 2012 MDX and loves it. The 2021 rides so soft she hated it. Just proved to me a test drive is invaluable. Also, as a early December 2018 pre-order, but Max pack. With the possibility of tax credit implications to >$80k, it may make the decision for me to go in another direction after 3 years of waiting. We’ll see what 2022 brings.

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne
I suspect that the timing of Rivian Guides reaching out to us has a low correlation with final truck delivery dates. Put another way - I suspect anyone that has a deposit date of 2018 will get delivery of their truck before I do - with a 2/19 deposit.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Got this email this morning. Let the games begin! I have scheduled 45 min call for June 2 (only allow 45 min blocks)

Capture.JPG

"Talk about delivery timing". Wonder if they will give you a date. Maybe I'm reading into it, but sounds more like they will say "you might get your R1T in July, we will let you know more when production starts"

We are excited to see what they tell you!

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
"Talk about delivery timing". Wonder if they will give you a date. Maybe I'm reading into it, but sounds more like they will say "you might get your R1T in July, we will let you know more when production starts"

We are excited to see what they tell you!
Keep in mind that, from here on, "delivery timing" is now a function of the customer just as much as it is of Rivian.

Sponsored

jagged

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick LaCrosse
Occupation
Principal Engineer
Clubs

Just received my Guide email ???
My order was placed 02/19 - El Cap Granite, 20” All Terrain, Black Mtn, Camp Kitchen. In MA
???
Definitely keen to see some more El Cap photos!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Should they set up Washington deliveries to take place in Portland, I'd be more than happy to drive each and every Rivian to my Evergreen State friends. Luckily for all of you, I know a few shortcuts. Seattle is easiest by going around the Olympic Peninsula. From Portland to the Spokane area, it's easiest by going through Sand Point and dropping in from the North.

I'll even make sure that the windows are cleaned and the gas tank is full upon arrival!

It's 3:55 in the morning! Creating these kinds of philanthropic ventures excites me and keeps me from sleeping most nights! o_O
I like your insomnia posts. They make me chuckle.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I like your insomnia posts. They make me chuckle.
Thanks for your kind words! Oddly, your incoming early morning message at 10:58 didn't wake me. ? ?

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I suspect that the timing of Rivian Guides reaching out to us has a low correlation with final truck delivery dates. Put another way - I suspect anyone that has a deposit date of 2018 will get delivery of their truck before I do - with a 2/19 deposit.
Kialoa,

I'm also a Feb '19 deposit-maker and expect you're right about getting ours later, but that's as it should be, I guess.

I noticed your profile says you live in "NE". Didn't know if that means Nebraska or New England? If I were in Nebraska, it would drive me nuts to see truckloads and/or trainloads of Rivians flying by on I-80 or the Union Pacific lines heading West. Hopefully and mercifully, they'll be shipped in closed containers so as not to tease you.

Oh well, they say good things come to those who wait....
Sometimes, crazy is good! ?

I also noted your Rivian's stable mates will be a 911 and an FJ40. That's a great combo!. Are you keeping the FJ or will the Rivian supplant it? I have hoarding issues, so can't seem to set my older vehicles free. That said, and as I've posted here before, "It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit." ?

Sponsored

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Can you ask the guide if these hooks will be on the production version. It’s an older Twitter picture
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Contacted Finally! (For Real) ? 1622318466372

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne
Kialoa,

I'm also a Feb '19 deposit-maker and expect you're right about getting ours later, but that's as it should be, I guess.

I noticed your profile says you live in "NE". Didn't know if that means Nebraska or New England? If I were in Nebraska, it would drive me nuts to see truckloads and/or trainloads of Rivians flying by on I-80 or the Union Pacific lines heading West. Hopefully and mercifully, they'll be shipped in closed containers so as not to tease you.

I also noted your Rivian's stable mates will be a 911 and an FJ40. That's a great combo!. Are you keeping the FJ or will the Rivian supplant it? I have hoarding issues, so can't seem to set my older vehicles free. That said, and as I've posted here before, "It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit." ?
Yes, NE is New England, Western MA. Will have to reduce down to two vehicles, and since I’ll never sell my air cooled ‘92 911 it will be exchanging the FJ and the Rivian. I ‘think’ the Rivian will better match my needs for hauling tools, and getting me to Mtn bike and ski locations. ? ? ⛷

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Unfortunately for you, they gave each guide a list of people to contact.

You're guide played hooky to have a long weekend. ;)

Hope you get your contact Tuesday!
It's my fault. I stopped by the factory driving my RV passing through Normal on Friday late afternoon...saw 3 guys in hard hats leaving the building, and shouted out the window "take the rest of the weekend off "...they just laughed.

ActionDH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Suburban, 2019 BMW M5
Kialoa,

[/QUOT
Kialoa,

I live in that NE, I’ll be glad to see others finally receiving their trucks as they pass by on I-80, but annoyed that your place in line and the timing of your reservation deposit could mean nothing
Sponsored