First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I really love the yellow and would buy it in a second, but unfortunately it's one notch below the Cybertruck on the wife's "don't you dare" list ?
Sponsored

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

I am an early December 2018 preorder with black interior, anyone think switching to blue will get me contacted. Oh ya, I’m in SoCal.

jagged

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick LaCrosse
Occupation
Principal Engineer
Clubs

Wow!! I’m in Chatsworth but I ordered el cap and black interior. Pre order 5/2020. I wonder what would happen if I changed my color option to Rivian Blue
They'll move you to the back of the line for trying to game the system and you'll also get an uglier color Rivian. ;)

bac4uw

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Dodge Durange R/T, Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Biostatistician
I am an early December 2018 preorder with black interior, anyone think switching to blue will get me contacted. Oh ya, I’m in SoCal.
I am in the same boat... I picked Launch Green thinking it would be the first out of the gate and am an early 12/2008 preorder (but am in the Seattle/Bellevue area). I chatted with Customer Service about this and got a response along the lines of "pick a color you'll love the day you receive it and 10 years later". My concern with switching to blue now would be whether or not the first batch of blue R1Ts are all spoken for... do I somehow put myself further back in line by switching now? Sticking with Launch Green... I've waiting this long...

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Product Management

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I really love the yellow and would buy it in a second, but unfortunately it's one notch below the Cybertruck on the wife's "don't you dare" list ?
Oh you got that too? ?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
the mental gymnastic over wanting to switch colors here is hilarious. Just stick with what you all want, you'll be happier in the end.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Oh you got that too? ?
Same. That's actually why I missed the LE, is I was waffling between the lower (in theory) price of the cyber truck, and having to convince my wife and I that it's not too large and ugly to buy.

I'm happily in the Rivian camp assuming I don't die before I get my late pre-order. :CWL:

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I'm extremely biased, but is anyone else surprised that the Washington area was first to get contacted?

The state just seems so un-Rivian friendly. No direct sales, etc. Yet it's one of the first to get a service center and first theoretically to get deliveries.

Wheras other states have gone out of there way to support Rivian. Take Colorado as an example (ahem). Just passed legislation earlier this to embrace EV direct sales. Agreed to be the first installation of a RAN station. Agreed to put chargers at every state park. Has a retail center under construction. Is probably as close as possible to the "adventure" vibe they're targeting, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked for those getting contacted. I have too many outstanding questions to finalize my order anyway. Am I jealous? Absolutely.

So am I the only one surprised by the choice of Washington to start? Just seems like such an odd choice.

What do you all think was the rationale?
Jeff Bezos? Amason influence?

Reactions: Don

Sponsored

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

the mental gymnastic over wanting to switch colors here is hilarious. Just stick with what you all want, you'll be happier in the end.
For me, I like a few of the colors and choose LG thinking it would be first. If that's not the case, then I'm a color free agent and delivery timing is actually a big factor.

All likely to be played out before I get contacted though so I'll just be playing my home version of order your Rivian.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm extremely biased, but is anyone else surprised that the Washington area was first to get contacted?

The state just seems so un-Rivian friendly. No direct sales, etc. Yet it's one of the first to get a service center and first theoretically to get deliveries.

Wheras other states have gone out of there way to support Rivian. Take Colorado as an example (ahem). Just passed legislation earlier this to embrace EV direct sales. Agreed to be the first installation of a RAN station. Agreed to put chargers at every state park. Has a retail center under construction. Is probably as close as possible to the "adventure" vibe they're targeting, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked for those getting contacted. I have too many outstanding questions to finalize my order anyway. Am I jealous? Absolutely.

So am I the only one surprised by the choice of Washington to start? Just seems like such an odd choice.

What do you all think was the rationale?
I'm also biased. I mean Colorado has used the R1T on their homepage promoting EVs for the past couple years!

I imagine it comes down solely to whether service centers are in place in the location. The retail center in Denver is far from "under construction." Not a lot of activity going on at that site. I have continued to look for Rivian permits, but I haven't seen any news about a service center in Denver. Its also possible its being built outside Denver.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Product Management
Jeff Bezos? Amason influence?
That could be part of it, but feels unnecessarily conspiratorial.

Seattle (and the northwest in general) are a huge market for EVs, and a huge market for overland/adventure vehicles. There's already pretty high penetration of DC chargers in the area as well.

Every kind of climate/terrain imaginable within 90 minutes drive of Seattle (from beach to rainforest to high desert to glaciers and beyond), tons of hiking, huge national forests, lots of watersports, etc. There's a reason REI is headquartered here and it's a top market for Tesla, Subaru, Tacomas, etc...

It also has relatively high disposable income due to Amazon/Microsoft and satellite campuses for virtually every tech company, with lower cost of living (for now...) than most of silicon valley.

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
I'm also biased. I mean Colorado has used the R1T on their homepage promoting EVs for the past couple years!

I imagine it comes down solely to whether service centers are in place in the location. The retail center in Denver is far from "under construction." Not a lot of activity going on at that site. I have continued to look for Rivian permits, but I haven't seen any news about a service center in Denver. Its also possible its being built outside Denver.
I was thinking that there had to be some sort of service already since Denver is one of the cities where Amazon is already demoing the Rivian delivery trucks.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7