R1S Launch Edition

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Someone I know whose daughter works at the Rivian factory told me that she said they are done producing pre-production vehicles. The next ones off the line will have production VINs and be destined for customers. She did not say that they had actually started producing them though.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

This thread has become way too long (and often off-topic) to breeze through so many pages....

Wondering if anyone else has posted about a valid Guide contact is say the past week or two? If not about how long has it been since reach-outs happened? From the outside it seems like it was modestly busy in July and August nearly silent.

Is that right?

hamberderz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X (2020), Toyota Tundra TRD Pro (2019)
This thread has become way too long (and often off-topic) to breeze through so many pages....

Wondering if anyone else has posted about a valid Guide contact is say the past week or two? If not about how long has it been since reach-outs happened? From the outside it seems like it was modestly busy in July and August nearly silent.

Is that right?
I too am curious about progress on guide reachouts. I was reached out to in June and I think I heard a few reports after that and in early July, but not much after that. I am curious if they have slowed down or if we just aren't hearing about them.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I only remember a handful in early July. Nothing since then. I believe they stopped and will start up very soon .

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

It's a eerie feeling with Rivian not pressing ahead with a steadier and growing pace of Guide Contacts - unless the dam breaks in this month of Sept.

They've claimed all year long and recently too that Rivian will conduct Guide Contacts for all L.E. reserv. holders by Thanksgiving. That holiday sounded far off the past months but now the Fall months arrive rather s00n!

The other unknown is how many L.E. vehicles of each type did Rivian allocate. 500? 1,000? more?

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
It's a eerie feeling with Rivian not pressing ahead with a steadier and growing pace of Guide Contacts - unless the dam breaks in this month of Sept.

They've claimed all year long and recently too that Rivian will conduct Guide Contacts for all L.E. reserv. holders by Thanksgiving. That holiday sounded far off the past months but now the Fall months arrive rather s00n!

The other unknown is how many L.E. vehicles of each type did Rivian allocate. 500? 1,000? more?
The contacts felt so random to me in June. It was just to get everyone to lay down their pitchforks. In this forum we only know a few people who had contact. I agree that the floodgates will open this month. That's why they were hiring many more guides.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
@AdamL Have you been in contact with your guide at all? You were one of the first to be contacted in May. Just wondering if you have any idea when you will get your truck.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
The contacts felt so random to me in June. It was just to get everyone to lay down their pitchforks. In this forum we only know a few people who had contact. I agree that the floodgates will open this month. That's why they were hiring many more guides.

I was wrong. No floodgates.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Seems almost certain at this point - with zero evidence of meaningful more contacts in Sept. - that if Rivian shoots for all Launch Edition holder contacts, even limited to R1T's, by Thanksgiving will just be a sideshow event. Meaning we'll all get an email introducing a person's name and saying they are so excited to meet us and talk soon. Any kind of first call will only cover generic topics about purchase with zero specifics. More dog & pony hooey.

Think about it.... Thanksgiving comes in about 7 weeks. Launch Edition deliveries are 'promised' to conclude by end of Spring next year.. that's 9 Months away. They won't have a clue in November.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Seems almost certain at this point - with zero evidence of meaningful more contacts in Sept. - that if Rivian shoots for all Launch Edition holder contacts, even limited to R1T's, by Thanksgiving will just be a sideshow event. Meaning we'll all get an email introducing a person's name and saying they are so excited to meet us and talk soon. Any kind of first call will only cover generic topics about purchase with zero specifics. More dog & pony hooey.

Think about.... Thanksgiving comes in about 7 weeks. Launch Edition deliveries are 'promised' to conclude by end of Spring next year.. that's 9 Months away. They won't have a clue in November.
100% agree, and I was just posting the same thing elsewhere. I think we're going to see a very slow trickle of deliveries through the end of the year until they've 1) IPOed and 2) worked out any lingering issues with the trucks. This is consistent enough with their "finished by spring" timeline to pass muster.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Think about it.... Thanksgiving comes in about 7 weeks. Launch Edition deliveries are 'promised' to conclude by end of Spring next year.. that's 9 Months away. They won't have a clue in November.
My skeptical mind says that all those contacted early actually work for Rivian. They've all been pretty quiet on the board. :idea:

OP
OP
AdamL

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
@AdamL Have you been in contact with your guide at all? You were one of the first to be contacted in May. Just wondering if you have any idea when you will get your truck.
Thanks for asking, I have been silently watching and waiting to see if anyone else has heard anything. Sadly, I have no guidance on when to expect delivery. I have not heard anything from my guide about that (although I am in contact a lot with other questions). I think I had posted, when I first had contact at the end of May, that my guide gave me a 'by November' delivery date. At the time, I though that was really far away and surely it might happen sooner than that, but here we are. I keep hoping each day that I am going to see some sort of 'final steps' email arrive, but nothing yet.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner

Sounds about right. sigh....
Sponsored