Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
First LG contact?
Launch Green, Black Mountain, 20 inch, Atlanta Georgia area, day one deposit, contacted by my guide on
First LG contact?
Nah, there may be a few of us out there. Sorry but currently unable to post timely updates. FWIW, Contacted by my guide 7/12/21, order number is 1351, deposit paid for on 11/26/2018 configured as an R1T LE, Launch Green/Black Mountain with 20"All-Terrain wheels, Atlanta Georgia area. Camp Kitchen, yellow tent, rubber floor mats. Will update y'all after I get a chance to hook up with my guide. Life got busy lately. Rivian on back burner for now. Peace.
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

All these things can be true:
  • Manufacturing is hard
    • Especially now
  • Start Ups are hard
    • Especially now
  • People should know the factors that go into deliveries
    • Criteria like is the service center under construction or not isn't some magic competitive juice and should be shared if it's really impacting a several months difference in deliveries and people here pulling bids and permits shouldn't be how we find out
  • Given that there has already been a delay (and given #1 & #2) some of us are worried or worse
  • Rivian can still deliver but there are also things still pending which give the impression that they might not for some time
    • Weekly Guide Training Material Releases
    • App and UI overviews
    • Details on tour events (seriously, post some dates already)
All this is basically about Rivian putting information out. I might not like some of the info but I can at least understand and change my expectations.

Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns have expectations for weekly posts, Rivian can at least provide some regular status updates to us. All I want to see is "still on schedule", "planning the first 100 to be shipped", "here's a map of service centers under construction and ones planned in the next 3-6 months"
Exactly. We understand things can be hard, pandemic makes it harder, youre gonna make mistakes, ok. Just communicate. Doesn't take that much effort, just willingness.

Reactions: Rad

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

Launch Green, Black Mountain, 20 inch, Atlanta Georgia area, day one deposit, contacted by my guide on

Nah, there may be a few of us out there. Sorry but currently unable to post timely updates. FWIW, Contacted by my guide 7/12/21, order number is 1351, deposit paid for on 11/26/2018 configured as an R1T LE, Launch Green/Black Mountain with 20"All-Terrain wheels, Atlanta Georgia area. Camp Kitchen, yellow tent, rubber floor mats. Will update y'all after I get a chance to hook up with my guide. Life got busy lately. Rivian on back burner for now. Peace.
Awesome. I'm Atlanta too. LE April 2019.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

I’m also in the Portland area. But I don’t expect a guide contact for a year or more. I’ll be interested in reading about your experience. Maybe even a get together once you get delivery? ;)
I'm in PDX as well, with LE R1S so hopeful that your Guide contact is a sign that the Portland service access is suitable for early delivery group. PreOrder Feb 2019 (crossing fingers).

Would be great to buy you a cup of coffee at your place of choosing for a tour of the "quirks and features."
I'd totally be game for getting together :)

I met with my guide earlier this afternoon and got some disappointing news. My delivery will be by mid-January. He said it is likely to be earlier, but will be by then. He mentioned that I was in the first group of deliveries. I asked about folks that have been given earlier dates and he said those delivery target dates are shifting and that they will be reaching out to folks once they are given the new timeframes.

Some other tidbits from our conversation:

• Can get the gear shuttle installed easily after delivery with no additional installation cost. I asked because I am interested in it, but want to try it without first and also want to wait and see what other accessories they come up for it.
  • Asked if there will be a Portland test drive event, but he didn’t know though felt it likely due to the high number of pre-order holders in the area.
  • Asked if the test drive event in Seattle will be ran out of the Bellevue service center location. He didn’t think so.
  • He didn’t know the location of the Portland service center.
  • Didn’t have a picture of launch green to send over but will when he can. He confirmed that the color had been finalized a few weeks ago and had seen the paint crew recently hand painting with it. He described the color as an Army green containing an element of tan and grey but decidedly green in its overall characteristic.
  • My current configuration will get me delivery soonest, but a color change (I mentioned my two alternates are limestone and yellow) would result in only a moderate delay of weeks, not months.
  • It was kind of funny that he was very intentionally avoiding saying “soon” throughout the conversation.
  • Production is currently running (slowly) making demo drive vehicles.
  • They will be sending the home charging stations out about 4 weeks prior to delivery.
  • Last elements of the app are wrapping up and it is really close to be shared for download. It did sound like the website and app will have functional parity.
  • Vehicle telemetry won’t be factored into an increase on insurance rates; only will be used to discount based on Driver+ use.
He is looking into some things for me and I have lots more questions than we could cover in our time which I will be following up with him later on.

Ron S

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 Turbo, Tesla Model Long Range, Jaguar XK8
Clubs

I received the following email from my guide yesterday:

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Contacted Finally! (For Real) ? logo-white
Hi Ron,
My name is ----, and I am your dedicated Rivian Guide. Working from the Rivian plant in Normal, Illinois, is special to me and my family as my father-in-law was an electrician in the same plant when it was owned by Mitsubishi.
I will be your go to for all things Rivian, including guiding you through the purchasing process. I’ll also be here if you need me once you’re behind the wheel.
I’m available to connect via phone, email, and SMS from 8:30am to 5pm CT, Monday through Friday, as well as evenings and weekends for anything urgent. I’d love to set up a call for the coming week to get to know you and discuss our next steps for your adventure. We’ll confirm the details of your configuration and accessories and talk about your delivery timing. Feel free to schedule a time that works best for you.
Personally, I am incredibly excited to have the opportunity to be a part of your Rivian journey. My first adventure here has been welcoming my new daughter into the world and I can’t wait to introduce her to everything Rivian.
I responded this morning and I set an appointment tomorrow morning early. I paid my deposit November 26, 2018. R1T - Rivian Blue - Black Mountain - 20" -camp stove/bars. Mountain View, CA.
Looks like this may actually happen!

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
  • Last elements of the app are wrapping up and it is really close to be shared for download. It did sound like the website and app will have functional parity.
  • Vehicle telemetry won’t be factored into an increase on insurance rates; only will be used to discount based on Driver+ use.
The delivery timeframe is a bit disappointing if you're really in the first group of deliveries.

The two bullet points above are great news, IMO!

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
The delivery timeframe is a bit disappointing if you're really in the first group of deliveries.

The two bullet points above are great news, IMO!
I’d say the delivery timeframe is way more than a bit disappointing. If the first group of R1T deliveries aren’t going out until January, I think I can just about give up my dream of seeing an R1S in my garage. :-(

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I’d say the delivery timeframe is way more than a bit disappointing. If the first group of R1T deliveries aren’t going out until January, I think I can just about give up my dream of seeing an R1S in my garage. :-(
That's may be the first batch of deliveries in his area.

Sponsored

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
Do you think they will go in reverse order of the areas for R1S delivery? Don’t think I’ve heard of anyone in Pennsylvania being contacted yet.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

He didn't use location as a qualifier when he said it, but I suppose it could have been implied and I didn't ask for clarification. I did get the sense that they are being really conservative as they are strongly committed to the "delivery by" dates they are communicating.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that he said the tour events will span weeks which was good to hear as I was worried that I would end up with a schedule conflict. He also noted that they would start in early September, but no firm dates.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Do you think they will go in reverse order of the areas for R1S delivery? Don’t think I’ve heard of anyone in Pennsylvania being contacted yet.
No idea. I honestly doubt there's an "order."

Reactions: Rad

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
He didn't use location as a qualifier when he said it, but I suppose it could have been implied and I didn't ask for clarification.
That was my thought too (implied). It happens A LOT at work, so I'm a little sensitive to picking up on having two potential interpretations. Either way, we'll find out relatively quickly here though.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
He also noted that they would start in early September, but no firm dates.
I think that’s the first time I’ve ever heard a Rivian comm that had an “early” qualifier in front of a time period. ?
Sponsored

Last edited: