First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
Seems like it? I think 3 people contacted and all blue/black. And all in PNW.
Makes me wonder if the color priority is partly about ability to manufacture, and maybe a bigger part is about making a marketing / brand statement for the first vehicles on the road - everyone will notice all these Rivian blue vehicles driving around and will create some buzzzz :clap::clap:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Makes me wonder if the color priority is partly about ability to manufacture, and maybe a bigger part is about making a marketing / brand statement for the first vehicles on the road - everyone will notice all these Rivian blue vehicles driving around and will create some buzzzz :clap::clap:
They also get an extra $2500/delivery for Rivian Blue.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
I'm in Simi and I ordered March 1, 2019. Not sure what the rhyme or reason is for contacts. I have my call scheduled for Tuesday.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I had always assumed Rivian blue would be prioritized but the name of "Launch Green" and being only available for LE had me questioning. Congratulations to those being contacted, your superhuman patience are paying off.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
They also get an extra $2500/delivery for Rivian Blue.
If that’s the case, the four of us who ordered Compass Yellow should get the call soon, even though we didn’t order until 2020?

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

If that’s the case, the four of us who ordered Compass Yellow should get the call soon, even though we didn’t order until 2020?
25% of me still wants to hit confirm on the Compass Yellow option

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I'm extremely biased, but is anyone else surprised that the Washington area was first to get contacted?

The state just seems so un-Rivian friendly. No direct sales, etc. Yet it's one of the first to get a service center and first theoretically to get deliveries.

Wheras other states have gone out of there way to support Rivian. Take Colorado as an example (ahem). Just passed legislation earlier this to embrace EV direct sales. Agreed to be the first installation of a RAN station. Agreed to put chargers at every state park. Has a retail center under construction. Is probably as close as possible to the "adventure" vibe they're targeting, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked for those getting contacted. I have too many outstanding questions to finalize my order anyway. Am I jealous? Absolutely.

So am I the only one surprised by the choice of Washington to start? Just seems like such an odd choice.

What do you all think was the rationale?

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Washington is one of the premier offroad recreation areas in the USA and it's got a lot of affluent people into that kind of thing.

There's a reason the PNW is the bestselling region for Tacos, the best selling overlanding truck.

BuckeyeTruckGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Clubman S All4; R1T Reservation
Yes, it does make some sense. Now why couldn’t they have chosen Rivian Black instead? Then maybe I wouldn’t be last in line for my LE R1T. Oh well...

bbenoit726

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Yes, it does make some sense. Now why couldn’t they have chosen Rivian Black instead? Then maybe I wouldn’t be last in line for my LE R1T. Oh well...
I'm way down the line, with an Explorer R1S reservation from late 2020. What I'm saying is, when you get your truck I hope you'll take a swing through Chagrin Falls :)

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I'm extremely biased, but is anyone else surprised that the Washington area was first to get contacted?

The state just seems so un-Rivian friendly. No direct sales, etc. Yet it's one of the first to get a service center and first theoretically to get deliveries.

Wheras other states have gone out of there way to support Rivian. Take Colorado as an example (ahem). Just passed legislation earlier this to embrace EV direct sales. Agreed to be the first installation of a RAN station. Agreed to put chargers at every state park. Has a retail center under construction. Is probably as close as possible to the "adventure" vibe they're targeting, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked for those getting contacted. I have too many outstanding questions to finalize my order anyway. Am I jealous? Absolutely.

So am I the only one surprised by the choice of Washington to start? Just seems like such an odd choice.

What do you all think was the rationale?
Government support doesn't equate to customer support (remember our government caters to special interest lobbyists for dealership and oil & gas, not us citizens).

Dated as some of this info is, it still reflects a general trend of where EV adoptions is strongest. Consumer demand, infrastructure, etc are the reasons the West Coast is always targeted first for new EV sales.
https://www.greenbiz.com/article/60...t-prepared-electric-vehicle-transition-ranked
https://evadoption.com/ev-market-share/ev-market-share-state/
https://theicct.org/publications/ev-update-us-cities-aug2020

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Contacted Finally! (For Real) ? EV-cities-update-fig-aug2020
Sponsored