First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
Seems that Reddit is lighting up today with people posting about Guide contacts. Here’s another with a really interesting bit about a range formula for towing:
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Remember when someone tried to claim it was statistically impossible that guides were still reaching out because we didn't have people on this forum reporting of new contacts this week? ?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Seems that Reddit is lighting up today with people posting about Guide contacts. Here’s another with a really interesting bit about a range formula for towing:
I think I broke the "code"...
50% range hit at 11,000lbs as stated by Rivian
3,500lbs load ÷ 11,000lb max = 31.818%

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I think I broke the "code"...
50% range hit at 11,000lbs as stated by Rivian
3,500lbs load ÷ 11,000lb max = 31.818%
I think your theory would put you at like 15% hit. (50%*3.5/11).

Also, I sincerely hope that's not all that they're doing. I gotta give them more credit than that for my own sanity.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I highly recommend that nobody rely on any information found on reddit or anywhere else besides possibly direct Rivian Comm's. A few months ago when lack of comm's was first being discussed as problematic I posted that the comm's void from Rivian would likely be filled by outside parties with unknown agenda, exactly like it currently is. I even posted some salacious story which I will not repeat and tagged it as fiction. I have to believe Rivian is aware of what goes on in the blogosphere it would seem that if they had terrific news to the contrary they would release it, then again I don't claim to be an expert in such strategery (yes I know this is not a real word but it's fun).

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

If a tailgate pad would cause problems for a sensor, I don't see why a bike rack and bike wouldn't cause similar problems.
Read "Buy our bike rack". The types of racks that will impede the sensors are hitch racks and tailgate racks/pads. Tesla has a similar "disclaimer" when using the hitch on the Y's and X's.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Remember when someone tried to claim it was statistically impossible that guides were still reaching out because we didn't have people on this forum reporting of new contacts this week? ?
That statement did not address fantasyland information. Reddit is a free-for-all, unregulated mosh-pit of commentary. Do you actually believe a good number of more Guide contacts happened and NONE were forum members - or decided not to reveal it here in the forum?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That statement did not address fantasyland information. Reddit is a free-for-all, unregulated mosh-pit of commentary. Do you actually believe a good number of more Guide contacts happened and NONE were forum members - or decided not to reveal it here in the forum?
Sure. Do you believe a good number of contacts happened and NONE were redditors? I know a bunch of people that will look to reddit before finding and signing up for a vehicle specific forum. It's also not at all implausible. This forum is a small sample size of active members, and if they're contacting a handful or two or people a week, it's not at all unlikely that this forum gets skipped a week or two.

Plus, there's probably some hesitancy for some people to even post on here if contacted.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

This seems to have been the case and there were people on Facebook who indicated they were contacted as well. If I recall, configurations included blue with white interiors and some white with white interiors. I think they had 20" AT and the offroad upgrade. All in the same locations as the original contacts.
I am hoping they release pictures of the finalized colors and start reaching out to launch green reservation holders "soon".

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
That was me, and I stand by it. For over a week there wasn't a single report across any platform of more guide contacts. It's clear that they've reached out again this week, and multiple people are reporting on it, just as I suggested would happen.

When Guide contacts are occurring, we're hearing about it. Be it here, Reddit, facebook, or otherwise.

This latest outreach has actually proven my point, and I firmly believe there were no additional guide contacts last week. The limited data set proves it out.

Last edited:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That was me, and I stand by it. For over a week there wasn't a single report across any platform of more guide contacts. It's clear that they've reached out again this week, and multiple people are reporting on it, just as I suggested would happen.

When Guide contacts are occurring, we're hearing about it. Be it hear, Reddit, facebook, or otherwise.

This latest outreach has actually proven my point, and I firmly believe there were no additional guide contacts last week. The limited data set proves it out.
If that was how you meant it, I misunderstood you. My recollection was that it sounded like the poster (you apparently ?‍♂) thought the contacts were only token contacts for a week to meet the timeline and then there wouldn't be anymore for quite awhile.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

This seems to have been the case and there were people on Facebook who indicated they were contacted as well. If I recall, configurations included blue with white interiors and some white with white interiors. I think they had 20" AT and the offroad upgrade. All in the same locations as the original contacts.
I am hoping they release pictures of the finalized colors and start reaching out to launch green reservation holders "soon".
I cringe at all the continued references to a "white" interior. Rivian does not offer a white interior, they offer a gray interior. It is not even remotely close to the true white interior Tesla offers. The difference between Tesla White and Ocean Coast is about as big as that between the Glacier White and LA Silver paint colors.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
If that was how you meant it, I misunderstood you. My recollection was that it sounded like the poster (you apparently ?‍♂) thought the contacts were only token contacts for a week to meet the timeline and then there wouldn't be anymore for quite awhile.
It's all good. You're actually mostly correct. I think I said that it seems pointless to have more contacts happen until the guides are allowed to share more info, which isn't going to happen until July, according to some folks. So yes, I'm surprised they starting reaching out again this week.

Either way. Not here to pick nits with others. I'm happy they're continuing to reach out this week. I'm hopeful we learn more details from the Guides...soon.

PS. You quoted my typo. Now I can't fix it. I hold you personally liable for me looking stupid :)

Last edited:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It's all good. You're actually mostly correct. I think I said that it seems pointless to have more contacts happen until the guides are allowed to share more info, which isn't going to happen until July, according to some folks. So yes, I'm surprised they starting reaching out again this week.

Either way. Not here to pick nits with others. I'm happy they're continuing to reach out this week. I'm hopeful we learn more details from the Guides...soon.

PS. You quoted my typo. Now I can't fix it. I hold you personally liable for me looking stupid :)
Ha. I didn't even notice it. I'm pretty sure people think I'm a complete idiot on here. I go back and see my posts, and suddenly have an urge to throw my phone out the window for autocorrect *not* working at all lately.
Sponsored