First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
That’s based on your personal opinion of what the guides should be doing/providing. How do you know this isn’t exactly as scripted?

I assure you RJ didn’t storm into the office last week and say, “ I don’t give a f$@! if we’re not ready, timf needs human contact and we need to give it to him/her/them” now.

Also, we all know they aren’t interested in delivering anything that isn’t ready yet….
But no, don't you get it? Everyone in these forums clearly knows how to run the company better than Rivian themselves! If only Rivian listened to the armchair engineers and businessmen in these threads!

/sarcasm
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Some previous CS reps are becoming guides, but they are distinct teams.
I’m not making any statement about teams…. I’m just saying a “guide” is a customer service position. Doesn’t matter what lipstick they may put on the title.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
You’re judging an entirely new and innovative service/experience after one day.
Rivian decided to start guide calls so they deserve to be judged. And their experience seems quite lacking, so far.

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
Answering questions requires having those answers. When they have those answers, and determine it is the right time to make them public, they will provide them.

You’re judging an entirely new and innovative service/experience after one day. Even if they ultimately fall short of their lofty aspirations for this service, it will still be miles better than all other alternatives. It must be exhausting to trudge through life with such a cynical perspective.
Well said, and I agree with you to a point. The problem is the delivery.

On the website, Kelly the Rivian Guide Manager set our expectations with her quote. Absolutely expectations aren't always met and with a new company this should be expected. But time and time again we are given expectations and when they are not met the solution has not been to meet the issue head on.

I have said it several times and I will repeat. 90% and I would venture to guess almost 100% of the future Rivian owners just want information. If the information will not be what you wanted it to be
(from the companies perspective) or at a later date just own up to it and give the best timeline that you have. We would be so happy and you would see memes aplenty of happy future owners.

I'm no mind reader but I would bet that everyone contacted was happy to get the call, thrilled to talk to someone and be involved in this company but I bet all were underwhelmed with the information received. You can call it cynicism or whatever you like

Sponsored

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

Gotta say I'm disappointed. Not super surprised though. These delivery timelines aren't great news for the rest of us and it seems less likely that those of us in areas that aren't on the list yet will have to wait even longer than expected.

I was hopeful for September or October in Atlanta for LE R1T but considering the first contacts are being told these dates just makes it seem idk ??

Wanderer

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Etron
Well said, and I agree with you to a point. The problem is the delivery.

On the website, Kelly the Rivian Guide Manager set our expectations with her quote. Absolutely expectations aren't always met and with a new company this should be expected. But time and time again we are given expectations and when they are not met the solution has not been to meet the issue head on.

I have said it several times and I will repeat. 90% and I would venture to guess almost 100% of the future Rivian owners just want information. If the information will not be what you wanted it to be
(from the companies perspective) or at a later date just own up to it and give the best timeline that you have. We would be so happy and you would see memes aplenty of happy future owners.

I'm no mind reader but I would bet that everyone contacted was happy to get the call, thrilled to talk to someone and be involved in this company but I bet all were underwhelmed with the information received. You can call it cynicism or whatever you like
Ford literally emailed Bronco customers at the last minute just recently and said we have no idea when you will get your Bronco.

If Rivian did that the skeptics would have out the pitchforks in mass. Nothing will appease those people.

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
This forum?!?! Isn’t that what the entire internet is for these days? Honestly I am not sure which is better, armchair quarterbacking or blind fanboyism (is fanboyism a word? pretty sure it’s not a word..oh well)
I get it. Just sell me t-shirt and hat and tell me to chill out until December or February.

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
Ford literally emailed Bronco customers at the last minute just recently and said we have no idea when you will get your Bronco.

If Rivian did that the skeptics would have out the pitchforks in mass. Nothing will appease those people.
I know nothing about the Bronco or the expectations.. I do not follow it at all.

This is a new company and frankly they should get a pass on a lot of things, while most consumers have expectations a new company has not fully fleshed out the logistics of supplies, delivery and a host of other things. The flip side to that is, you can't continually say this will happen at this time and not deliver and when it doesn't you say soon until you change the timeline or expectation.

If Rivian has hired comms people with experience (the have) they should know the (average) American consumer is a teething child. We cry until soothed, there has been very little soothing.

I would also say, if you want to be the next (insert name here) you have to grow up and take the lumps. Consumers will give them to you and can still be loyal, it's not personal it's business.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

If Rivian has hired comms people with experience (the have) they should know the (average) American consumer is a teething child. We cry until soothed, there has been very little soothing.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Contacted Finally! (For Real) ? 1622596046501

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T

That wasn't right and the comms here (guides included, so far) isn't right either.

Quit playing whataboutism and quit calling people names on a forum just because you disagree with them. Both are dick moves.

Silver9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19' CX-5 D, 16' Mazda3, 07 S2000
As an early Dec 2018 R1T LE reservation holder I have been very excited about getting my new truck for almost 3 years now. Last week with the pushback to July from June I was disappointed but still positive as I honestly believed I'd get my truck this summer. Now that I'm hearing everyone say August/September I'm not so positive as I live in the Washington, DC area and to my knowledge there aren't any service center permits pulled yet.

We've all heard that CS has told people that the 2018 reservation holders would get theirs first. Now If they're only processing orders where they have service centers I'm not even sure I'll get it this year. I'm seriously considering canceling my order and leasing a F150 Powerboost for 3 years to let the dust settle and consider my options then.
Why not go through with the lease...by the time its up in 3 years your Riv might be ready?

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000

irpete

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Why not go through with the lease...by the time its up in 3 years your Riv might be ready?
I've actually done that once already. When I first put down my deposit I had just signed up on a 3 year lease earlier that year. That lease is now up and I turned the truck in thinking I'd get my R1T this summer. Now I'm not so sure I'll get it this year. I haven't decided yet as I'm waiting on more feedback from others with their guides but absent good news I may start my search for another F150 as I need a truck at my property.
Sponsored