First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
So just got off my Guide call! It was…..interesting. We reviewed my configuration, and went over a few details:

1) She said that delivery would happen by at least November (?!) but that it may be sooner

2) Over the next couple of weeks she would be sending me “educational” material that covers things like financing, trade-ins, etc

3) EPA ranges are still being finalised and will be included in the aforementioned educational material

Edit: 4) Factory delivery is almost certainly going to be offered in “some form” and she noted on my profile that I was interested in it

So basically……idk how to feel now. Yay I have a Guide, but the rest of the info was kinda just…..meh
Sponsored

Last edited:

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

So just got off my Guide call! It was…..interesting. We reviewed my configuration, and went over a few details:

1) She said that delivery would happen by at least November (?!) but that it may be sooner

2) Over the next couple of weeks she would be sending me “educational” material that covers things like financing, trade-ins, etc

3) EPA ranges are still being finalised and will be included in the aforementioned educational material

So basically……idk how to feel now. Yay I have a Guide, but the rest of the info was kinda just…..meh

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Contacted Finally! (For Real) ? 1622590827218

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Student
Yeah, pretty much that. The November thing has me concerned, but the way she phrased it made it seem like that was the latest possible delivery date rather than an actual estimation

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Yeah, pretty much that. The November thing has me concerned, but the way she phrased it made it seem like that was the latest possible delivery date rather than an actual estimation

I mean I get it isn't 1000% but if you and a handful of people (lets say worse case we have 50 people) that we know of can't even commit to 1.5 to 2 months down the road (end of July) to building 1 vehicle I dont know how much hope there is for the rest of us.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner

So odd. You chose Rivian Blue correct? I can't connect the dots. Another forum member from Seattle also chose Rivian Blue and they said his delivery will be August/sept. If they are being built in batches, why the large difference in delivery time?

Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Student
Yeah, I have Blue/Black configured

It might just be a wording thing? My guide said delivery was estimated “At least by the end of November, possibly earlier”

So that could include Aug/Sep. I just really don’t know, and seems like the Guides don’t really know either ?‍♂

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I get the impression that they really weren't prepared to start Guide contacts by the end of May, but did so to satisfy their critics (us). They could have easily waited a few more weeks until the missing details and more accurate delivery dates are available.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I mean I get it isn't 1000% but if you and a handful of people (lets say worse case we have 50 people) that we know of can't even commit to 1.5 to 2 months down the road (end of July) to building 1 vehicle I dont know how much hope there is for the rest of us.
I think we will just have to play it by ear and see what happens with the August meet and great sessions. If that November date is even close for the initial R1Ts, not looking great for any R1S deliveries this year.

My guess is there will be no IPO this year either.

If they want the 70B valuation, they will have to show a steady stream of deliveries. They will also need to show the ability to set solid production estimates (not June-November) and show the ability to hit those targets. If they can't provide that then an IPO this year would probably be disappointing for them.

They would also need to start providing quarterly numbers. If they are not able to resolve the supply chain issues then a new company struggling to hit production numbers will cause the stock to fall rapidly.

Wanderer

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Etron
I get the impression that they really weren't prepared to start Guide contacts by the end of May, but did so to satisfy their critics (us). They could have easily waited a few more weeks until the missing details and more accurate delivery dates are available.
That’s based on your personal opinion of what the guides should be doing/providing. How do you know this isn’t exactly as scripted?

I assure you RJ didn’t storm into the office last week and say, “ I don’t give a f$@! if we’re not ready, timf needs human contact and we need to give it to him/her/them” now.

Also, we all know they aren’t interested in delivering anything that isn’t ready yet….

Sponsored

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
That’s based on your personal opinion of what the guides should be doing/providing. How do you know this isn’t exactly as scripted?

I assure you RJ didn’t storm into the office last week and say, “ I don’t give a f$@! if we’re not ready, timf needs human contact and we need to give it to him/her/them” now.

Also, we all know they aren’t interested in delivering anything that isn’t ready yet….
a couple of quotes taken from the Rivian website:

Your Guide is like a concierge for your entire ownership experience. This isn’t just a transaction — it’s fun and exciting and I want to make sure you feel that.

Take your time.

When you call, there’s no rush. We’ll take as much time as you need to make sure all of your questions are answered. You won't be transferred away to another department or made to talk to a bot. As a Rivian owner, you will have “your person” for whatever you need.

If giving slightly more information than what is already known and still telling customers soon, without enlightening as to what "soon" means is their idea of what they were to provide at roll out, then I am curious as to why we need guides and not just CS as has been the case.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne
Knowing RJ is a Porsche fan, and that you bet on RJ over FJ, you may sneak up the food chain into a sooner delivery date. ?
I’ll find out tomorrow - maybe - when I have my 1st bonding session with my Rivian Guide. Could be a short discussion since I only have 1 question - what is my delivery date? ??

Wanderer

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Etron
Answering questions requires having those answers. When they have those answers, and determine it is the right time to make them public, they will provide them.

You’re judging an entirely new and innovative service/experience after one day. Even if they ultimately fall short of their lofty aspirations for this service, it will still be miles better than all other alternatives. It must be exhausting to trudge through life with such a cynical perspective.
Sponsored