First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It’s always struck me as more weird than anything. Anything that I get my hands on comes from open source social media. I’ve never set foot in their factory. :p
It is weird. No wonder he is so tired - he stayed up all night scouring the internet for factory photos. One would think they had much more important things to worry about.
Sponsored

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
Next up:
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230213005296/en/

Rivian Hires Michael Callahan as Chief Legal Officer

IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rivian Automotive, Inc. (NASDAQ: RIVN) today announced it has hired Michael Callahan as its Chief Legal Officer. Callahan is joining Rivian from Stanford University, where he served as Executive Director of the Arthur and Toni Rembe Rock Center for Corporate Governance and Professor of the Practice of Law. Callahan will start at Rivian on February 13 and will report directly to Rivian founder and CEO RJ Scaringe.

Before entering academia, Callahan was Senior Vice President and General Counsel at LinkedIn, where he had global responsibility for legal, regulatory and public policy matters, including corporate governance. Before that, Callahan was Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer at Ten-X and Executive Vice President and General Counsel at Yahoo! Inc. Callahan also serves on the board of FiscalNote, Inc. (NYSE:NOTE).

At Rivian, Callahan will be central to the company’s growth and sustainable success, helping to ensure its mission of building products and services that unlock new forms of adventure and support the fight for a lower-carbon future.

“I’m incredibly excited to be joining Rivian at this pivotal time in its growth and also for the planet,” said Callahan. “Rivian has demonstrated that the transition to a better world carries with it great opportunity to redefine what we consider sustainability in personal and commercial transportation, and I am eager to join RJ and his team in support of that mission.”

About Rivian:

Rivian exists to create products and services that help our planet transition to carbon neutral energy and transportation. Rivian designs, develops, and manufactures category-defining electric vehicles and accessories and sells them directly to customers in the consumer and commercial markets. Rivian complements its vehicles with a full suite of proprietary, value-added services that address the entire lifecycle of the vehicle and deepen its customer relationships. Learn more about the company, products, and careers at www.rivian.com.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

“At Rivian, Callahan will be central to the company’s growth and sustainable success, helping to ensure its mission of building products and services that unlock new forms of adventure and support the fight for a lower-carbon future.”

Really a lawyer will be central!! Production, engineering, servicing will all be much more important.

Sponsored

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
“At Rivian, Callahan will be central to the company’s growth and sustainable success, helping to ensure its mission of building products and services that unlock new forms of adventure and support the fight for a lower-carbon future.”

Really a lawyer will be central!! Production, engineering, servicing will all be much more important.
You don’t work at a corporation. Not more important but as important in this day and age.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

You don’t work at a corporation. Not more important but as important in this day and age.
I do work at a corporation and legal has its role but R&D, manufacturing etc are the core of the company with legal, HR ancillary but providing important services.

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
I do work at a corporation and legal has its role but R&D, manufacturing etc are the core of the company with legal, HR ancillary but providing important services.
Well, before you can build cars in Georgia........

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Mebbe shoulda hired Harry Callahan.

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Maybe he knows the secret to fixing Vampire Drain!?!?
Sponsored