Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

If you bought $1000 worth of TSLA at their IPO you’d have more than enough to buy a Model S Plaid today.
but what was their IPO rated at then?

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
bold is mine…. Pretty sure this is not true but is lousy reporting or attempting to keep the value down..lol

of course if true that would be a very bad day for those of us waiting for the R1S.

Edit: to be clear I was not blaming you @DocAdvocate - that Info is straight from the Bloomberg article.
For what it's worth, Rivian CS messaging yesterday was; We are beginning deliveries of the Launch Edition R1S in the fall. Our Guides are in the process of calling out to the Launch Edition preorder holders and these call outs will be complete by the end of November. Your guide will be able to give you an accurate window of when you can expect your delivery.

At this point, we're all still speculating, including Bloomberg it seems. I'm still a believer that as September unfolds, we will get the answers we've all been waiting for...

mrpl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Occupation
Technology
It says the R1S has been delayed indefinitely in this article. I've not heard that. Any truth to this?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I suspect this IPO timing suggests that Rivian expects to be delivering enough vehicles and generating significant enough press before Thanksgiving to hype the IPO. Time will tell.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
bold is mine…. Pretty sure this is not true but is lousy reporting or attempting to keep the value down..lol

of course if true that would be a very bad day for those of us waiting for the R1S.

Edit: to be clear I was not blaming you @DocAdvocate - that Info is straight from the Bloomberg article.
I’d put more stock in what Rivian has said about production timeframes than this poorly edited Bloomberg article.

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
My suspicion as someone who works in communications is that offending delay text is lazy writing commenting on the delays in the past/present tense rather than announcing something in terms of new delays or that Rivian has suspended development.

Naturally I could be wrong

Chris S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Model 3 Perf, '19 MX-5 Club, '22 Model Y Perf
Occupation
REALTOR
If you bought $1000 worth of TSLA at their IPO you’d have more than enough to buy a Model S Plaid today.
Tesla's market cap @ IPO was $1.7B, which provided a lot more upside than Rivian's hoped for valuation.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Bummer for those waiting for the R1S! That said, I'm sure glad to hear Bloomberg was able to boost the range of our new R1T's to 400 miles. ?? Pass the salt, please!

Regardless of Bloopersberg's clumsy fact-checking, I'm very happy for the coming IPO! ??

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

It says the R1S has been delayed indefinitely in this article. I've not heard that. Any truth to this?

Context the sentence above is mentioning the 400mile version of the vehicle so yes R1S 400 mile is still TBD :

The R1T pickup is slated to go into limited production this month and
boasts 400 miles of driving range. The company will build the truck and
the R1S, which has been delayed indefinitely, at a former Mitsubishi
Motors Corp. plant in Normal, Illinois.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I suspect it is nothing more than a poor choice of words. Since Rivian has not announced a specific month the R1S should be released, an appropriate statement would be "...R1S, which has been delayed until an unspecified month this fall." Delayed indefinitely implies no current plan to produce it, which could not be further from the truth.
Sponsored