Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Factory floor still looks quite sparse. Iā€™m not concerned...yet.

I would love to see more activity and equipment operating, similar to what the video released by Lucid was showing a month or so ago.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Factory floor still looks quite sparse. Iā€™m not concerned...yet.

I would love to see more activity and equipment operating, similar to what the video released by Lucid was showing a month or so ago.
Yes, to be just 5 months out from production, it looks very sparse.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Lucid is also targeting deliveries in the June timeframe, so you would thin the factories would look similar at this stage.

Disclaimer, we know the video was filmed after August 2020, but it could have been several months ago...

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Lucid is also targeting deliveries in the June timeframe, so you would thin the factories would look similar at this stage.

Disclaimer, we know the video was filmed after August 2020, but it could have been several months ago...
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian factory update from VP of Manufacturing Erik Fields CDE6CC16-C65D-4370-9E28-E68892E2E0A9

I agree. They posted this on their LinkedIn yesterday, but likely a picture from sometime last year...

Sponsored

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Launch green is just the primer. That way they only need to put a clear coat on top and can release trucks faster.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Launch green is just the primer. That way they only need to put a clear coat on top and can release trucks faster.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian factory update from VP of Manufacturing Erik Fields 1611163342902

Jokes aside, didn't they say that the Launch Green color will be metallic? Is that a property of the primer itself, or something in the clear coat?

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

Gooseneck hinge on tailgate?
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian factory update from VP of Manufacturing Erik Fields 1611168888904

Seems like its built for the 180 drop with this but alas...

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I actually dig that brown-green (grown? or breen?) primer color!
I'll take that as "Launch Green" if I can really get an R1T in 2021. :)

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Gooseneck hinge on tailgate?
1611168888904.png

Seems like its built for the 180 drop with this but alas...
Good catch. It looks as though the gap panel is ether not installed or was not flipped down. That does give us a great look at how much additional length the tailgate down gives us for longer loads, such as dirt bikes, plywood, etc...

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Is that launch green or primer?
I seem to recall RJ, I believe, saying that they liked the primer color so much they were releasing a paint color based off it.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
What exactly are you expecting? They're not going to churn out thousands or even hundreds of vehicles at this point... They're currently testing pre-production runs. Why build a bunch more vehicles if you might still change what a final vehicles looks like?

When the time comes, the vehicles are going to come off the line and get loaded up to be taken to their destinations: experience centers, wandering drive tests, and customers.

You say August, so I'm guessing R1S. The R1S has seen far fewer early prototypes, far less real world testing, and much more significant late-stage changes (seat configuration, max pack using cabin space, etc.), but it's also supposed to be a couple months behind the R1T. If in another one or two months you don't start seeing the preproduction R1Ses in the wild, maybe that starts to undermine confidence in that vehicle.
Sponsored