Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

It's about a 12 hour drive for me but I'd be happy to go that route as most of that drive is pretty nice. The drive from Louisville to Nashville and then Nashville to Greenville is really beautiful driving through the Smokey Mountains.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bholliday5150

bholliday5150

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
La Silver R1T (7/14/22), Ford Explorer
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

Again..I would say do it. Plus all you R1S pre-order holders, they are coming. In the factory production line you would see an R1S for maybe ever 10 RTs in line. They do not allow pics of the inside of the factory. Just below us on the catwalk was an R1S waiting to go through the water test. Wife really liked it....so hey maybe someday we can have two Rivians. Spoken like a true stock holder. Oh and forgot to mention...Lucas did say they had hit triple numbers of productions for a few weeks.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Is it just me or is the trim at the base of the door now indented inwards versus every other vehicle produced to date?

Edit* Nevermind, it's the same on previously produced vehicles.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Factory Tour and Delivery Experience 1658253376803

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Brian - Thank you for sharing your delivery experience. For those of us who are expecting 4+ years between the $1000 reservation and delivery of a vehicle, posts such as yours make the wait slightly more tolerable.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Update: I asked my Guide as soon as they were assigned if I could do a factory pickup. I don't think it's officially a yes yet but he said that the scheduling team was going to put me in for factory pickup so I think it's going to happen. I think the long distance delivery from the SC probably helps there. Pretty pumped about the opportunity.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bholliday5150

bholliday5150

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

Update: I asked my Guide as soon as they were assigned if I could do a factory pickup. I don't think it's officially a yes yet but he said that the scheduling team was going to put me in for factory pickup so I think it's going to happen. I think the long distance delivery from the SC probably helps there. Pretty pumped about the opportunity.
Nice….ask for Lucas for tour. He’s a great guy.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Did you see any Launch Green R1Ts around? I haven't seen any recent LG deliveries though my Guide says to hang in there...

Edit: Thanks for sharing the experience. Sounds awesome!

OP
OP
bholliday5150

bholliday5150

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

Did you see any Launch Green R1Ts around? I haven't seen any recent LG deliveries though my Guide says to hang in there...

Edit: Thanks for sharing the experience. Sounds awesome!
Forest Green and tons of El cap, didn’t see any LE green as I recall. The Canyon Red really is more orangish red…and the Rivian Blue so nice in person. Didn’t see the outdoor lots.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Second Update: Guide just found out that the truck is already in the process of being sent to ATL, so no factory delivery for me. Sad Trombone, but still very excited.

OP
OP
bholliday5150

bholliday5150

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

Second Update: Guide just found out that the truck is already in the process of being sent to ATL, so no factory delivery for me. Sad Trombone, but still very excited.
Truck is amazing. You will love it. My guide and Lucas both said the plan is for invites to go out to owners for a tour at a later date. Just let your guide know of interest. They said I could come back then for a bigger tour. Congrats on truck on the way.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Truck is amazing. You will love it. My guide and Lucas both said the plan is for invites to go out to owners for a tour at a later date. Just let your guide know of interest. They said I could come back then for a bigger tour. Congrats on truck on the way.
That's what I told my guide, that hopefully I can get up there when they open it up more for owners so hopefully he will read between the lines there and add me to the list. I'll probably be more explicit though if he doesn't pick up on that.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We are also very early adopters (11/28/18), but because we want the Explore version, we are not anticipating delivery until 2023. We are located in the Florida Panhandle, 880 miles due south of Normal.

We would also like to take delivery of our R1T at the Factory. We are planning to drive up and tow our Airstream travel trailer with our Silverado Duramax. We will settle into a campground near the Factory a day or two prior to delivery. We will get Opal (that's the name we have chosen for the new truck) and take the factory tour. We will take her back to the campground and spend the next several days trying her out and touring the small towns of Central Illinois.

We then plan to hook the Airstream to Opal and use her to tow the Airstream back to Florida. SuEllyn will tow with Opal and I will follow along in the Silverado. This will give us an opportunity to try out cross county travel with an electric tow vehicle.

We can take as long as we want coming home and plan to do a lot of small town touring on the way back. We are looking forward to the trip home with Opal as a great adventure.

Brian

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Due to the elimination of the Expolre Package, we have now reconfigured to the Adventure Package. This will hopefully move us way up in line with a 11/28/2018 order date. We are still hoping to get Factory Delivery as we are 350 miles from the nearest Rivian Service Center.

Brian
Sponsored