Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
La Silver R1T (7/14/22), Ford Explorer
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

Good Morning all,

Just thought I would detail our delivery experience at the factory in Normal.

First, We went from July 1 start 8 step email to truck is finished by July 7th. I got #9151 as my LA Silver R1T. Delivery was scheduled 11am July 14th. Martin, my guide, was amazing all the way through this process and was super excited for us and was going to meet us at Normal when we got there.

We sent our information to Martin and our delivery and factory tour guide, Lucas and they set us up with an amazing day. We got to factory and the guard says, "You must be Brian and Ashley??" He got us a spot right at front of factory. He told us Lucas would be out in a second. He introduced himself and took us in the main entrance for our tour and introduction to Rivian. Lucas was a super cool guy and very knowledgeable of all thing Rivian. He was super excited to give us our tour and tell us about what an amazing company and setup they had at Normal. We got to go out on the catwalks to view production. The Amazon line was finishing up production on a few of the delivery vehicles. They had RTs and multiple RSs in the next production line. We got to see a number of RSs in the finish process and prepping for delivery as well as their big brother RT. Martin joined us on the tour as well. This was one of their first tours with customers and both were as nice as could be, answering our questions, showing us all the different steps in production, the amazing atmosphere for employess....it was really quite an awesome place and really quiet for a factory. All you hear is tire squeal :)

Once finished with tour, Lucas and Martin introduced us to James who was going to go through the final paperwork and delivery of our R1T. Signed 4 pages, and James says "So now lets go check out your truck." There it was sitting just outside factory doors. James showed us around the truck as we asked our questions and and then it was " so you wanna drive this thing??" Hell's yes I do. :) He took us for a drive, showing us the different ride heights, suspension adjustments, etc. and of course the "put this thing in sport mode and lets do a zero to sixty." OMG...never driven anything with that kind of torque and acceleration in my life. Amazing vehicle all the way around. Got back, said our goodbyes to James, Martin, and Lucas and on our way for the adventures to begin.

I have to say....Martin, Lucas, and James are all top notch individuals and employees for Rivian. You can tell their passion for the company and the products they make and want all those who get one to spread the word on what an amazing vehicles they build.

If you get a chance, take the factory delivery. I'm lucky enough to only live about 2 hours away and knew all along that this is what I wanted. It did not disappoint.

Kudos to Rivian....and to us early adopters. Truly is an amazing truck that can do everything. A sports car in a truck body....that can go 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds and then you can pull off the road and rip through a field, or an off-road trail and roll back on the highway. Awesome....

Looking forward to those adventures....and spreading the news on Rivian.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Factory Tour and Delivery Experience Motortrend

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Factory Tour and Delivery Experience Rivian Delivery

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Factory Tour and Delivery Experience Rivian Delivery 2

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Factory Tour and Delivery Experience LA Silver 1

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Factory Tour and Delivery Experience Home
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Congrats on getting your slick new truck! That entire experience sounds so cool! Are they offering factory delivery for anyone? I had read they only offer that for people who live within a certain proximity of the factory. I would definitely fly there for pick up just for the tour, etc Followed by a nice road trip home To CO.

OP
OP
bholliday5150

bholliday5150

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

I would say when you get your guide contact to let them know of your interest in a factory pickup. Really a neat experience....and probably a once in lifetime. I mean....how often are you gonna go to a factory and pick up your vehicle? Plus...I got the Pelican case. :)

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
I fully agree, we also did the factory tour & pick up back in May, and it was an awesome way to get the vehicle. And we drove 300 miles to do it!

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
Thanks for sharing your experience! I can't wait to do the factory pickup.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I would say when you get your guide contact to let them know of your interest in a factory pickup. Really a neat experience....and probably a once in lifetime. I mean....how often are you gonna go to a factory and pick up your vehicle? Plus...I got the Pelican case. :)
So much for the Pelican case being discontinued.....

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I fully agree, we also did the factory tour & pick up back in May, and it was an awesome way to get the vehicle. And we drove 300 miles to do it!
Good Morning all,

Just thought I would detail our delivery experience at the factory in Normal.

First, We went from July 1 start 8 step email to truck is finished by July 7th. I got #9151 as my LA Silver R1T. Delivery was scheduled 11am July 14th. Martin, my guide, was amazing all the way through this process and was super excited for us and was going to meet us at Normal when we got there.

We sent our information to Martin and our delivery and factory tour guide, Lucas and they set us up with an amazing day. We got to factory and the guard says, "You must be Brian and Ashley??" He got us a spot right at front of factory. He told us Lucas would be out in a second. He introduced himself and took us in the main entrance for our tour and introduction to Rivian. Lucas was a super cool guy and very knowledgeable of all thing Rivian. He was super excited to give us our tour and tell us about what an amazing company and setup they had at Normal. We got to go out on the catwalks to view production. The Amazon line was finishing up production on a few of the delivery vehicles. They had RTs and multiple RSs in the next production line. We got to see a number of RSs in the finish process and prepping for delivery as well as their big brother RT. Martin joined us on the tour as well. This was one of their first tours with customers and both were as nice as could be, answering our questions, showing us all the different steps in production, the amazing atmosphere for employess....it was really quite an awesome place and really quiet for a factory. All you hear is tire squeal :)

Once finished with tour, Lucas and Martin introduced us to James who was going to go through the final paperwork and delivery of our R1T. Signed 4 pages, and James says "So now lets go check out your truck." There it was sitting just outside factory doors. James showed us around the truck as we asked our questions and and then it was " so you wanna drive this thing??" Hell's yes I do. :) He took us for a drive, showing us the different ride heights, suspension adjustments, etc. and of course the "put this thing in sport mode and lets do a zero to sixty." OMG...never driven anything with that kind of torque and acceleration in my life. Amazing vehicle all the way around. Got back, said our goodbyes to James, Martin, and Lucas and on our way for the adventures to begin.

I have to say....Martin, Lucas, and James are all top notch individuals and employees for Rivian. You can tell their passion for the company and the products they make and want all those who get one to spread the word on what an amazing vehicles they build.

If you get a chance, take the factory delivery. I'm lucky enough to only live about 2 hours away and knew all along that this is what I wanted. It did not disappoint.

Kudos to Rivian....and to us early adopters. Truly is an amazing truck that can do everything. A sports car in a truck body....that can go 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds and then you can pull off the road and rip through a field, or an off-road trail and roll back on the highway. Awesome....

Looking forward to those adventures....and spreading the news on Rivian.

Motortrend.jpg

Rivian Delivery.jpg

Rivian Delivery 2.jpg

LA Silver 1.jpg

Home.jpg
Awesome....camping time!!!

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
So much for the Pelican case being discontinued.....
I never wanted to admit it, but I got the case, too. Looks like they are only giving them out for factory deliveries now. Our guy said they were basically giving them out until they ran out.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Did you get the Pelican Case? If you don't show us pictures, it didn't happen! :angel:

Congrats on your R1T and your amazing day and thank you for sharing it with the rest of us who are patiently waiting for our deliveries.

Also - that is a mighty fine truck you have there. Every time I see LA Silver, I wonder why I didn't configure mine that way but I feel like I'm saying that about ALL the colors these days....

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Also - that is a mighty fine truck you have there. Every time I see LA Silver, I wonder why I didn't configure mine that way.
There's a reason they chose LA Silver to be the debut color!

Sponsored

OP
OP
bholliday5150

bholliday5150

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

Did you get the Pelican Case? If you don't show us pictures, it didn't happen! :angel:

Congrats on your R1T and your amazing day and thank you for sharing it with the rest of us who are patiently waiting for our deliveries.

Also - that is a mighty fine truck you have there. Every time I see LA Silver, I wonder why I didn't configure mine that way but I feel like I'm saying that about ALL the colors these days....
The cases I was told also were only for factory delivery. LA Silver is a great color but may I suggest we change it to Doc Brown Silver. ;)

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I never wanted to admit it, but I got the case, too. Looks like they are only giving them out for factory deliveries now. Our guy said they were basically giving them out until they ran out.
Congratulations!!!!

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
OK, I admit it. I looked. ABRP says it's 2302 miles for me to do a factory tour.

Only 16 stops with about 9 hours of charging. Get's down to <10% a lot, but I could do it. Sign me up.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Factory Tour and Delivery Experience 1658250172303

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Congrats! I'm hoping for a second in a lifetime factory pickup! I wrapped a vacation around a BMW Euro Delivery in Munich 19 years ago. Awesome experience, I'm definitely going to push for a Rivian factory pickup. 800 miles - sounds like the perfect shakedown drive home.
Sponsored